Major crossroad question...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Major crossroad question...

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:10 am

For all intent and purposes I am no longer in the 1/18 arena--except for my Luftwaffe F-86 from Admiral, the Marineflieger F-104G, the Admiral Me-262 White 8, the Fw-190D Red 3, same Black 12; all others lead me to this post: what to do with the remaining, displayed/not MIB airplanes. The original boxes are long gone, too.

My local HobbyTownUSA is owned by a (b-t-h) non-customer-friendly person, thus I cannot offer to sell her any for her shops' ceiling, and, since no one lives here in the Tampa area, I will probably give these to the garbage man on Tuesdays or Fridays in my neighborhood.

What is a person to do? Help. Any ideas from someone who has faced this potential awful conclusion to a small collection, is welcomed!!

Thanks for pondering..

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:37 am

DV, I'm no expert on the subject, but people sell non-MIB box AC all the time, both here and on ebay. I honestly don't think having (or not having) the original box makes a huge difference, but I don't collect 1:18 AC so maybe someone else has a better feel for this question. I can't give you any advice on what to ask for these things price wise, but I would suggest you try (when possible) to disassemble those planes to make them easier (ie. smaller box) and cheaper to ship. Good luck.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:46 am

dV, post the list and I'm sure there are members that would be interested.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am

I toss most of my Boxes. I'd be happy to buy some loose 1/18.

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jeffrowse » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:27 am

What about your local Scout troop? Or do you have Air Cadets over there? (We've got the Air Training Corps over here in Blighty). They'd probably love something that sort of size to "play" with.

Failing that, you could always try your local schools and colleges (especially if they teach aeronautics) or kiddies hospital - always assuming such "war toys" are acceptable to the people running them and don't fall foul of Political Correctness...

Or maybe there's someone at your 'local' model club would be interested in a "conversion project", kinda like the guys over at the Large Scale Planes forum.

Failing all that, you could always advertise in your local paper as "free to anyone who wants to come get it" - you never know, you might find someone else nearby who's interested!

AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 am

I would recommend ebay. Sell the FW-190's separately, starting at $25.00 each. As for the AT and F-104, sell as a 3 plane lot at $50.00. You can buy boxes at your local Office Depot / Staples along with bubble wrap or peanuts. Final bidding for all auctions should get you $125.00 to $150.00 before shipping as long as the models are intact w/ figures.

As for your shipping, I'd recommend charging $15.00 to $16.00 for the FW-190s as the USPS Parcel rate will cost $12.00 and the rest will cover supplies. As for the 3 plane lot, $25.00.

Good luck.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:04 pm

DV, I say post in the BST forum. I display all of my models and request to buy them loose for two reasons:

- I can usually save a few bucks over MIB
- For those who prefer MIB why take another off the market if I can avoid it?

Hope to see your post and perhaps pick up a few of yours!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I buy loose all the time and as others have said go the BTS route or eBay, I'm sure you will have no issues finding buyers.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:07 pm

All are excellent ideas...thank you for the input and interest....I have one PM from a fellow board member who lives here in FL and is interested, too. I will respond to his PM and then go from there. THANK YOU to one and all, again. :D :D :D

dV
FLYNAVY :blueangel:
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:22 am

That's the ticket DV. No shipping charges and no packing. Plus you will be helping another board member that will appreciate them.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.