New 1:18 company that also does customizations

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New 1:18 company that also does customizations

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Just saw this on ebay. There an online retailer who's now taking existing 1:18 planes and customizing them and reselling them online and on ebay. Their first is the BBI Corsair painted in what looks like New Zealand's markings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBI-ULTIMATE-F4U-1- ... dZViewItem

http://www.airstriketoys.com/servlet/StoreFront

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Great find!! Thanks much, I've bookmarked them.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:03 pm

HOLY CRAP! Thats awesome. But the price...ouch!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:04 pm

very interesting. Like to see new ideas and new companies coming along....sort of a 'mass production' custom.

Those markings are for the Pacific theatre but could be nz, aus, british etc as they all used the two colour roundel with wings for fear the standard british empire roundel would be confused with the japanese hinomaru.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:39 pm

I wish they would of done an earlier paint . Those big markings are not my cup of tea. I would pay $39.99 but not what they are selling for.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm

These guys are in Lewisville, texas! North of downtown Dallas and just south of where I live. No brick and mortar store but it appears they just have an on-line store. I am digging for more details on these guys.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 pm

Ebay craziness at its best. The bid is at $251 right now, but if you look at their site you can buy the plane outright for $149.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:14 pm

I wonder if this is Jason's clan that used to run the online airplane store-"... Closet" Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the outfit and apparently did not bookmark the site. Anyway they are related to Jason, maybe he will shed some light on this. They might have some leftover 1:18 planes from their original e-store. Just a thought and they are close geographically. A nifty idea for some unique models. I suspect if these are hand painted they put more than $39.99 worth of time plus the model itself even at wholesale would make the price higher.
Todd

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Looks like they have three of these on ebay, the other two are currently just over $100.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:17 am

warhawker wrote:These guys are in Lewisville, texas! North of downtown Dallas and just south of where I live. No brick and mortar store but it appears they just have an on-line store. I am digging for more details on these guys.
Definitely let us know what you find out. My brother lives in Lewisville but if I ask him to check around, he'd be clueless as to what to do.
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am

DocTodd wrote:I wonder if this is Jason's clan that used to run the online airplane store-"... Closet" Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the outfit and apparently did not bookmark the site. Anyway they are related to Jason, maybe he will shed some light on this. They might have some leftover 1:18 planes from their original e-store. Just a thought and they are close geographically. A nifty idea for some unique models. I suspect if these are hand painted they put more than $39.99 worth of time plus the model itself even at wholesale would make the price higher.
Todd
This company has no association with Admiral Toys.

The old retail store you were thinking about was JJ's Closet. It has changed to www.TheToyHQ.com (The Toy Headquarters) and still running strong.

Regards,
Jason

AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:20 am

Hello everyone. Just wanted to clarify the history behind Series 1. The markings for the corsair are from the Royal Navy Squadron #1850 assigned to the H.M.S. Vengeance, that served in both the Atlantic and South Pacific during WWII.

Also to confirm Jason's post, we are not affiliated with Admiral Toys.

We appreciate the interest so far and we are always open to suggestions for future aircraft.

Thanks,
Patrick