Watch for TRU Restocking Items!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Watch for TRU Restocking Items!!!

Post by Buckyroo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 am

I spoke with a department manager at the local TRU this past weekend and he told me that January is when the TRU warehouse does inventory and this is why the stores are slow in getting items on the shelves at the first of the year. I didn't think to ask if this was SOP for all areas or just my area, but if it is, he told me that around the begining of Feb. the shelves will start to get full again.

Hope this helps people in finding what they are looking for.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 am

The TRUs here are doing inventory... :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 am

hworth18 wrote:The TRUs here are doing inventory... :(
Mine too
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:29 am

I was asking TRU about a non-XD related item ( :shock: is there such a thing?) and I asked if there were anymore that item in the back. The employee turned and stared at me saying, "We just did inventory, this is all we have right now." As if, I KNEW they had just done inventory and how DARE I ask about an item they should have in stock...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 am

I don't know why you guys even bother asking store employees these kind of questions. Hasn't it been well established by now that they don't care / don't know.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:10 am

coreystinson wrote:I don't know why you guys even bother asking store employees these kind of questions. Hasn't it been well established by now that they don't care / don't know.
:lol: how true how true. Most of the time in my TRU as soon as you make eye contact with an employee they all of a sudden make a hard turn up an isle so won't have to answer a question... :lol:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 am

Not to start a new topic of conversation, but knowledge, presentation, and behavioral wise, the TRU floor employees definately seem a step or few above the average floor employee at Walmart. I have asked TRU emps before when a shipment may arrive or if any stuff is in the back-getting a straight answer, whether I like it or not- I've only done that once, that I can recall, at a walmart- I stop by walmarts in the a.m.; sometimes noticing rap blaring from the auto-electronics area- real professional, huh.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:07 am

It appears that my local TRUs are doing invetory at the moment - there's all these curious yellow slips stuck everywhere. Still, they've been slowly getting in new items since the holiday rush, including the 1:48 aircraft and at least three 1:18 planes. The rest of the items are just what was there before Christmas...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:11 pm

I have twice called a TRU in my area about 21st items and both times the employee claimed to know nothing about them, couldn't find them in the system, and couldn't find them on the shelf after claiming they went out to look (no way to verify if they were truthful on that). Both times I went out anyway and found a whole bunch of items on the shelf.

Bottom line for me is to not count on TRU employees for useful help of any kind.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:17 pm

oh, well.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm

One of the further TRU from where I live has their shelves stocked fully with P-51 undertakers, BBD P-51, F-104, P-40, and DJ Corsairs. Doesn't seem to be going anywhere...maybe I'll wait for clearance. LOL.

Oh, I worked at TRU over this holiday season. They WILL put people on the floor with no prior training. Everything learned is on the spot while helping customers. It really all depends on who you got to help you. Once in a blue moon, you'll get an enthusiast or someone who actually memorizes the products they currently have on the shelf. Their search engine on inventory is kind of funky, you have to spell it in the format that it was entered into the system in order to bring up results--giving them an item number or something similar wouldn't be a bad idea either. If all else fails, you can always direct them to the military aisle...