BBI HELLCAT-HAVE YOU FINALLY..

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

BBI HELLCAT-HAVE YOU FINALLY..

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Glued every piece together (the wings) or display it wings stowed? I was looking at mine today and decided to reglue the wheel strut cover, I laid it upside down gently through the course of things, both antenna broke. Both wings droop regardless of how far ya push 'em in. I finally said F.ck it and am attempting to glue the wings- I have plenty of other planes to appreciate. Has anyone else thought "to hell with it" and done the same or is it just the vodka and a snowy afternoon here in ga?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm quite pleased with the way mine has stayed together :wink: I never had a problem with drooping wings or broken landing gear on my plane. Yes, the wing dihedral may not be as steep as it is in real life, but its still there on my plane and is certainly more than is present on my 21c TBF Avenger. That plane, for the record, tends to have negative dihedral :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

smokey1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by smokey1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:04 pm

I said to hell with the whole thing and sent mine back to badcat. The gear would not lock down, the cover on the landing gear strut was broken, and i broke the antenna. It's a decent looking model, it was just put together poorly. i told them to send me the night fighter instead.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:39 pm

OK, who wants a BBI hellcat parts kit? I shaved a little plastic off the wing inserts so the wheels would move up and down without removing them, other than that, I'm just tired of it. Nothings broken other than the antenna mounts. Play with it, enjoy it, throw it away, whatever..
If you want it, state it here or pm me, I still have the box- I don't give a rats ass about any money- maybe you need some parts or can fix it most magnificently- let me know

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:59 pm

I would be interested in it
Could not think of anything to put here.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Well pm me with your adress by god, don't be shy

Life is full of regrets, some quite trivial, let me know and I'll ship it to you ups reg monday at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeg

!

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Helloooooooooooooo-

Its free..................

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: !

Post by iflabs » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:55 pm

mikeg wrote:Helloooooooooooooo-

LOL, must be that bad. I still hate the wing sagging though.

I had some troubles with the Zero today. I was about to chuck the thing at the wall but came to my senses and calmed down. Cockpit won't fit in snuggly therefore wings were a problem; drop tank didn't want to go in; small pieces snapped off; and the list goes on. I actually spent 50ish minutes trying to put this thing together.

All of this makes me appreciate the Corsair all the further more.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:40 pm

sent pm

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:59 pm

It's gone- thanks for the replies

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 pm

I appreciate the corsairs too, now, BBI and 21st, my avengers don't bother me that much.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Was it me that you picked? just asking so i could figure out how to send you monies for shipping let me know thanks kim

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:05 pm

No, Kim, I'm sorry, I never received your pm and received two more before- thank you for you interest

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 pm

MIIKEG:

Thanks for the consideration. I almost bought the Cat Mouth Hellcat a few weeks ago, but after reading a lot of negative reviews similar to yours, I decided not to.

It would be real frustrating to spend $60-70 for a finely detailed plane only to find out the wings ruin it, so I can empathize with you.

If you want to get rid of your other planes for free, this is my official "first-in-line" notification for them.

:wink:

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm

tiss ok have a great weekend! :D

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:25 pm

to use an out of style and date cliche, - sometimes you just gotta say what the hell? There's always more planes to buy

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:34 pm

MIKEG:

Just curious, but on your Hellcat:
1. Could the broken antenna be glued back on?
2. Are the wings ok when extended?

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I love the Hellcat model. I have had no problems with mine.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Of course it could be put back on, the wings droop wasn't attrocious- I was simply done with it, I might even get another, but I was done with this one. I thought I might attract the attention of those whose hellcats are beyond reproach quality wise and mine may have been better than some others; the one whom I gave it to may resurrect it to perfection, I just lost patience with it

I think I'm starting to repeat myself.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:13 am

I think you got a lemon. Mine went together in five minutes and looks like a champ. I think this is by far the best 1/18 bird yet. I would strongly recommend a purchase to anyone. Sorry to those who did not share my positive experience.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: !

Post by King O' Fools » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:53 am

iflabs wrote:
mikeg wrote:Helloooooooooooooo-

LOL, must be that bad. I still hate the wing sagging though.

I had some troubles with the Zero today. I was about to chuck the thing at the wall but came to my senses and calmed down. Cockpit won't fit in snuggly therefore wings were a problem; drop tank didn't want to go in; small pieces snapped off; and the list goes on. I actually spent 50ish minutes trying to put this thing together.

All of this makes me appreciate the Corsair all the further more.
Oh, “eggsellent”! I just got my Vraciu Hellcat and Zero yesterday. The Zero has some white overspray :shock:, but at least they look good in their boxes… :cry:

BTW, my Marine's Dream ain't that good either: lots of dark blue overspray over the tip of the fuselage. :roll:

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am

I know that want to toss against the wall feeling. I amost lost it with the BBI Zero. I couldnpt get tje wings to fit quite right, too much gap between the wing and fuselage on one side. I finally accepted it when I realized it still looks good even if it isn't perfect. I screwed with tat damn cockpit for probably 2 hours total, always thinking I could get it to fit a little bit better.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:48 am

The frustration factor occurred for me with my purchase of the 21c ME-262A. It went together easily enough, but the nose wheel gave me trouble when, first, the little support strut snaped clean off and secondly the corner of the door attached to the nosewheel strut cracked off. I had only had the plane 3 days. You can't see the cracked landing gear door when the wheels are extended, but when retracted... I have never had similar problems with any other 21c aircraft, including the Nightfighter ME-262B. Then there was also the ugly seam on the rear fuselage behind the cockpit. Some sloppy work there... In retrospect, I should have just saved my money and a little bit of my sanity, sale or not.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Kleinesoldaten wrote:I know that want to toss against the wall feeling. I amost lost it with the BBI Zero. I couldnpt get tje wings to fit quite right, too much gap between the wing and fuselage on one side. I finally accepted it when I realized it still looks good even if it isn't perfect. I screwed with tat damn cockpit for probably 2 hours total, always thinking I could get it to fit a little bit better.
I had exactly the same frustrations with my BBI Zero. It had gaps between wing and fuselage and no dihedral. So I ran a bead of thick CA glue inside the wing root, taped a line from wingtip to wingtip pulling them up until the glue dried. Now the gaps are closed and it has dihedral. Those wings will never come off again though.

Rogo

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Rogo thanks for the idea of gluing with the line pulling the wings together. I think I'll try it.