King Tiger S-1

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

King Tiger S-1

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:59 pm

That King Tiger S-1 sure looks purdy paw-paw. I want at least 2 of them. These are going to be collectors items right out of the gate unless they make a millon of them. These will give the Panther a run for it's money. I am ready. I wish that they will come out in Wal-mart or TRU. Time will tell.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

normandy

KING TIGER

Post by normandy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:23 pm

This King Tiger looks Great! 1st quarter '08 well that just s---s :x
When it does come out I'll be picking up a few! Who will be first?, FOV with their TigerI or 21st with the KT? Only China Knows. :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:55 pm

yum-e

says 'available the early part of the first quarter of '08'...so like Jan 1 then.

;)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:11 pm

VERY NICE :D
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:21 pm

This Kt is awsome!! 8) Ill definetly have to grab one. My germans cant wait to mount one of these babys 8) :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Excellent looking tank! I can't wait for this one either and have its display space all planned out. 21c was very wise to go with a "good" paintscheme and not that garrish scheme on the 32x Porsche-turret King Tiger. Hopefully this tank will go to the small retailers first, but I could just as easily see it popping up at TRU :wink:
Last edited by tmanthegreat on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Sweet :D
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Can't wait to be in 2008 :wink: :D

phil

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

tiger roar

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:13 pm

Well its getting closer it seems, but we all know the motor is under powered for its size, so it might be some distance of still, before we hear the engine. Great paint scheme.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:20 pm

As Telly Savales said in the Battle of the Bulge "CMON I'M WAITING FOR YA, CMON!!!! :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 pm

I have 2 T1's, so the T2's looking really sharp, and like a nice centerpiece between the two T1's I've got.

There is, or is not an interior on this? I don't believe that's been discussed yet. And when in the world will we have any chance to build a nice tanker crew for any of our German armor? I've got 2 Tigers, a Panther, and now this thing coming, and barely anyone to crew the damn things.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 pm

Jesse James wrote:I have 2 T1's, so the T2's looking really sharp, and like a nice centerpiece between the two T1's I've got.

There is, or is not an interior on this? I don't believe that's been discussed yet. And when in the world will we have any chance to build a nice tanker crew for any of our German armor? I've got 2 Tigers, a Panther, and now this thing coming, and barely anyone to crew the damn things.
Interior or no interior... that is what I'd like to know about the KingTiger as well. As for the tanker crew figures, Jesse, you never got a hold of the BoB tankers? In the second seris of the BoB figures, they had two great German tankers wearing cammo smocks with removable hats. Yes, they were in the older style articulation, but they look darn good sitting in my German tanks 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:12 am

That is the key - If this KT has the interior - I am getting more than one - as quick as I can - no Interior I may wait awhile.
The BOB tankers rock - I have both my Tigers on display with full crews and a full crew for my PZ IV

still the tanks kicks as we like to say butt - and I love the paint scheme.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Black_Dragon_One

t2

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:26 am

guys i think the t1 and the bulldog was the last of the tank with interior... sorry to say...

the panzer(Sp) and the panther are the ways things are going....

sad but true... if you buy any extra t1 you can try to convert the interior of the 1t into the T2...

hay may be 21st can do that for the T2 since you already have some parts for the interior for the T1 see if you can fit parts form the T1 into the T2 to old down the cost of development
whats up doc....

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:48 am

I wish I could've found enough... I got 3 in the camo smocks and I really had hoped to get a couple dozen in the reversed white to do some infantry customs with.

German tankers NEVER lasted long here, and really BotB in general never lasted long here unless it was a Jeep Driver or US tanker. Then it sat... Infantry on both sides, and tankers from Germany, were non-existant. Such is life I guess. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 am

I'm looking forward to see the release of the first King Tiger. I think the S1 Paint Scheme was a good choise.
I believe this tank doesn't have a detailed interrior. We've seen many good pics of the prototype/test shot and none of the pics showed a removed tower or the inside of the tank.

...and I agree about the german tankers. Some more of them would be welcome. Maybe the new 2-packs can help.
And again - it is spelled WeHrmacht, guys...

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:12 am

Oh yeah, the king will be in the building soon 8) And don't forget that 88 coming soon too. :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 am

Lack of interior does not bug me a bit. Put a figure in the copula and you can't see it any way. I wonder what the other paints will look like. I have a modelers guide to the Tiger Tank. It has some choice Tiger 1s and Tiger IIs paint schemes in it. There is also a plain Dk yellow with a red primer barrel wich also looks good.
If they ever do a Henchel turret. It would have to have zimmermit. Just think of all the customs!
Like I said before this will be a collectors item right out of the gate.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:43 am

pickelhaube wrote:Lack of interior does not bug me a bit. Put a figure in the copula and you can't see it any way. I wonder what the other paints will look like. I have a modelers guide to the Tiger Tank. It has some choice Tiger 1s and Tiger IIs paint schemes in it. There is also a plain Dk yellow with a red primer barrel wich also looks good.
If they ever do a Henchel turret. It would have to have zimmermit. Just think of all the customs!
Like I said before this will be a collectors item right out of the gate.
Modelers guide to the Tiger Tank is a must have book !
It's true that there will be a lot of things to do with the KT. Just look at this one in my area in september 1944

http://www.jemappes.be/static.php?op=li ... htm&npds=0

I will buy at least two KT, maybe more.

phil

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:09 am

Nice picture, exether_mega.
I wonder what happend to this KT. I'm sure they have fused it in and made some cookware out of it. I think that's always very sad. Today every museum would love to have it and collectors would pay billions.

I think Zimmerit it pretty easy to customize. I did this with a Tiger I and I think it turned out pretty good for the first try. But the lack of interior is very sad, I think. I loved this about the Tiger I and the Walker Bulldog. But I'm sure 21st has to reduce the costs.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:52 am

MandaloreSC wrote:Nice picture, exether_mega.
I wonder what happend to this KT. I'm sure they have fused it in and made some cookware out of it. I think that's always very sad. Today every museum would love to have it and collectors would pay billions.

I think Zimmerit it pretty easy to customize. I did this with a Tiger I and I think it turned out pretty good for the first try. But the lack of interior is very sad, I think. I loved this about the Tiger I and the Walker Bulldog. But I'm sure 21st has to reduce the costs.
Here is the story of this KT...

it belonged to the 501 SS Schwere abteilung. It ran out of fuel then was used as a pilbox. It fired all the night preventing US 3rd AD from entering the town. Early in the morning german tried to haul it but no way to move the beast then after being hit they decide to burn it. Crew have been taken prisoner.

It was towed out of the street by the end of 44 and scrapped later.

phil

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:02 am

Thanks, exether_mega! Interesting story! Yeah, we germans had everything. Nice giant tanks, advanced waepons, good war planes etc. but no fuel to run it. :roll:

But it was better this way.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:43 am

MandaloreSC wrote:Thanks, exether_mega! Interesting story! Yeah, we germans had everything. Nice giant tanks, advanced waepons, good war planes etc. but no fuel to run it. :roll:

But it was better this way.
true, it was the better way for everybody :wink:

phil

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:14 pm

Any word if this will hit the streets at WM or is this set up for TRU/etailers only?

I miss wasting large amounts of time and gas going from WM to WM in the hopes of finding these things. What really keeps me going is if someone on this forum found one in Mississippi they can't be too far away from Seattle/Tacoma WA, right?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]