100 % or bust ?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

100% or not

Started and finished
52%
Started and never finished
48%

Total votes: 31

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

100 % or bust ?

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:24 am

How much of us actually finish our XD projects ? The only thing that I have ever finished was a short nose Fw 190 A and I gave that to a buddy to paint it. So I guess I have never finished a XD custom.
Anybody else like me? How many projects have you started and finished?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 am

I've actually only begun one serious XD project: converting an RC Panzer IV into a DAK paintscheme. Its not done yet :lol: I really need to just sit down and do it, however, school is in the way until the middle of December. Then I'll be able to get back to finish it :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:50 am

I mainly do figure customs and generally have about 10 on the go at the same time and do bits for the different figures depending on what i am in the mood to do it's good as it keeps me interrested and coming up with new ideas but it takes me ages to finish 1 figure. I have also been working on a humvee for about 6 months that i keep adding and changing. I do generally finish my projects but it takes me ages to do them!
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:36 pm

100% here, started and finished. Panzer IV side skirts, but then again it's the only real XD custom I have attempted thus far. :roll:

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

kevrut

Post by kevrut » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I've started and finished quite a few 1/18 (XD) projects. Some just take alot longer than others. I sometimes start a 2nd or 3rd project at the same time. That keeps me from becoming too burnt out on one project.
(Or that's just my ADD.) :roll:

Kevin.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:20 pm

My one and only custom was an M-4 Calliope. I am calling it finished but by the standards of some of the other work I have seen the experts here put out it is pretty darn crude.

What the hey, I figure practice makes perfect. Unfortunately I appear to be way behind on the practice side. :lol:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:16 pm

I pretty much finish the customs I start. I have done 8 XD plane customs. As a rule I only do one at a time so that I don't start and never finish. It's worked so far.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:30 pm

I've finished quite a few, but there are so many still waiting to be finished.....
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 am

100 percent of projects completed ? Are you kidding :?: :twisted: :?:
The ideas far out pace the projects and somethings get too boring as new ideas come in. Then again there is always the ever increasing army population to consider with it's modifications :roll: I started the M-25 Teddy tank and it IS done. I started the first VC Firefly tank, it needs paint and decaling. I have yet to start the 3 or 4 M-24 Caffee tanks and the 2 Jagdpanther projects. I have started lots of figure modifications,(heads, uniforms, etc), some are done, but other just need to "move up" in rank. I started building the Camp diorama with REAL barbed wire fences - don't want to go there now, but am slowly, painfully(literally) making progress. Yet I can say that I've completed 2 gaurd towers with operating spotlights and 6 dog houses for the camp. And now I've started building the quad gun turret for my wirbelwind flak tank. Sooooo many projects, Sooooo little time to work on them :( Da General

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:00 pm

So far I have customized and finished my F6F and Old Crow. Nothing big just added brakes lines and tires nothing big. Right now I am customizing my BBI P-51D HHH. So far I have repainted the yellow and red checkers on the nose and added new tires. Its looking good so far but whether I have the chance to finish it or not I dont know. I start my new job tomorrow so I dont know when I'll have the time to finish it up or not. I am thinking about giving it to a freind of mine because he likes HHH then he can finish it.
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.