POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Mrs. Normandy and I were at our local Target this AM, and I noticed there was a restock of FOV's WWII and Modern figures.
There were also 2 Sherman's and a Bradley.
Where the hell are the Tiger I's? :x

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Can't wait to see what the paras end up being. Between BBI and 21C I'm a bit overwhelmed with U.S. airborne. FoV has been good to us regarding OpFor so hopefully it's some FJs.. or on a note of obscurity, perhaps it will be some members of the Folgore Parachute Division.. ;)

I really need to switch to 1/32 / 54mm. K&C has covered most of this so well that I'm tired of waiting for a 1/18 vendor to get it right... Wait.. did you say $20 a figure and no articulation??? aiiieeeeeeeee............. :P

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:03 am

i went into my target and found all the pegs empty. didn't see any new paratrooper tags. they did have 2 american halftrack with the quad 50's.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:38 pm

VMF115 wrote:those must be new????? any pics of them?
Here you go, still empty right now. Can't wait until tomorrow... new 1:18 & 1:32 to be coming soon! :)

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Sky Ray wrote:
VMF115 wrote:those must be new????? any pics of them?
Here you go, still empty right now. Can't wait until tomorrow... new 1:18 & 1:32 to be coming soon! :)

This is the same tag at my targets, i hope they get them in soon.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Lots of empty tags at my local Targets. This next week should be good 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:46 pm

a lot of stores around here hadn't done their resets and the usual re-stocking. lame. :roll:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Three of my local Targets are in the process of stocking the new FOV and Freedom Ops products. I was able to pick up the Bravo Team paratroopers, 1:32 figures and the Stryker today 8)

Given that I'm used to new items showing up in the midwest and south and taking months to reach my area in California (Rudel Stukas & 21c gunner figures are recent examples) I am totally stoked to find new products within hours of the first sighting :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:25 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Three of my local Targets are in the process of stocking the new FOV and Freedom Ops products. I was able to pick up the Bravo Team paratroopers, 1:32 figures and the Stryker today 8)

Given that I'm used to new items showing up in the midwest and south and taking months to reach my area in California (Rudel Stukas & 21c gunner figures are recent examples) I am totally stoked to find new products within hours of the first sighting :D
Hi tmanthegreat, do you have any pics of the Bravo Team paratroopers??
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Captured two paratroopers today. The paratroopers are U.S. Army Rangers, there are only four in this line-up, two of them are wearing the current U.S. Army camo, the ACU, while the other two are wearing the old "coffee spill" uniform (I think that's what they call it) used in the early days of OIF.
The head sculpts are basically the same as the modern soldiers and marines we already have, only difference is that they have face paint. The Parachutes are definitely removeable.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm

My question on these new FOV figures would be:

Do the headgear(helmets, caps, etc.) removable ??? Thus you can have just the head.

Is the head removable - ie will I be able to pop them on a WWII figure and vis-versa.

Lastly, are these heads a different head sculpt - not a "rerun" of the modern and WWII figures from FOV.

Da General

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

General Blasto wrote:My question on these new FOV figures would be:

Do the headgear(helmets, caps, etc.) removable ??? Thus you can have just the head.

Is the head removable - ie will I be able to pop them on a WWII figure and vis-versa.

Lastly, are these heads a different head sculpt - not a "rerun" of the modern and WWII figures from FOV.

Da General
1. Yep, the helmets are removeable and all the parachute equipment too.

2. The heads are removeable, haven't did a head transplant myself, but they should fit ok like the original releases.

3. The heads are a "rerun" of the modern U.S. Army and Marines, only major difference is that they have camouflague face paint on each of their faces. I'll get you a pic to compare in a few hours...

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:02 pm

looking forward to seeing pics of these! apart from the chutes are there any other new pieces of equipment ie weapons, helmets, anything else? :D
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:15 pm

scope uk wrote:looking forward to seeing pics of these! apart from the chutes are there any other new pieces of equipment ie weapons, helmets, anything else? :D
The dissapointing part is that none of them carry any new or additional equipment besides the jump gear, they do carry at least one weapon.
The good part is that the helmets have chin straps through! :D And they are quite sturdy! Sturdier than BBIs... I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but the chin straps that I got from BBI always break off when I put on the strap over the chin. :?

Almost done with the 1:32 pics, just need to do the 1:18 pics.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Not done yet, I'm still taking out-of-the-package pictures while trying to work out the modes in my new digital camera.
I'll have the rest up later tonight (pacific time), only focusing on FOV Paratrooper: Lt. Macias, with comparisions to FOV'S U.S. Army Pvt Marc Brooks and BBI's paratrooper Danny Lynch.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 pm

I can't wait to get these very cool. Thanks for the pics.

I hope we see more ww2 figures soon.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:02 pm

These guys look 8) . Definitely will get a set.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Your welcome Stug45. Out of the package pics:

Lt. Macias:

Comparisions shots with Pvt. Edward Alarcon:

Comparisions shots with BBI's paratrooper, Danny Lynch:

Found some time to get shots of the second paratrooper I bought, Sgt. Broward:

Comparisions shots with Pfc. Al Prescott:

I didn't notice it until I took the pictures, but Pfc. Prescott's ACU appears to have been "washed away", while Sgt. Broward's ACU is more accurately painted.

The two paratroopers together:

Been playing around with these guys the whole day, and FOV did a very great job!
Compared to BBI, these paratroopers are perfect. I can't stop praising it, but the chin straps are very sturdy, I've been taking it on and off and it still hasn't break off yet. I'll definitely be buying more paratroopers later to get more helmets to replace all my soldiers with sturdy chin strap helmets!
The parachute gear itself is excellent in every way, less complex and fragile compared to BBI's new removeable parachutes. Its easier to put on and take off without worrying about breaking anything.
Paint jobs on the uniforms and camouflague face paint are superb, the ACU is much more sharper too.
All in all this is a perfect line-up, all that's needed to round them up is a WWII series featuring the 82nd or 101st Airborne vs. Fallschirmjagers! 8)

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:29 am

Great Comparision pics, thanks for taking the time to take all these pics
Sky Ray.

Now Unimax bring on the Fallschirmjagers :wink:

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:35 am

yeah thanks for the pics!! they look great! i would definately buy a set if i saw them in the UK. I think the standard figs are better value as they seem to come with more gear. i wish BBI's paras had the removable harnesses aswell.
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 am

at Target tonight.

Image Image

you know, FOV is turning into what BBi years ago.... a bigger section this time.

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 am

finally! saw one tonight.

ImageImageImage

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Does anyone know if the FOV 1/32 M60 Patton-NATO paint scheme recently sighted in Target is the old diecast model or a new version?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm

It's a bit ironic but I think the quad.50 actually is better on the FOV. Look at it... It looks to not be obscured like the 21st one is. I may have to nab one just for the gun.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Finally spotted the FOV paras. Picked up a set. Also saw the 1/32nd Abrams and Stryker.