POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:42 am

send them to Georgia too!

sheesh some places are just putting out OMG, japanese marines for the first time!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:54 am

21st made Japanese marines?

Just kidding... But it feels that way sometimes, as hit and miss as everything seems to be!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:18 pm

I've only seen a few of them at my local WM's. They seem to be pretty scarce at the moment. :( :(

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Picked up an 11$ hanomag from the clearence section. Made my day.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:56 pm

I found about 3 or 4 D-Day figures a few weeks back and NOTHING has come back to the shelves of 6 local WM's since!
COME ON, smalljoes and badcats!! GET THESE GUYS IN SHOP!!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:02 pm

Well, taking a tip from the new fellow collector from my area reedleyXD, I stopped by my local Hobbytown USA store to see what was new. They had completely revamped the XD section :D There were four "Atlantic" Avengers, 2 Russian Mig-15s, four "Petie 2nd" P-51s (I picked up one), four "Gunther Rall" ME-109Gs (those looked great!) and 6 Stuka zu Fusses. Nothing entirely new, but it is up-to-date. They also had a couple XD FW-190s and Winter Tigers that had been there for a while, plus a couple BBI F-18s and an "Old Crow" P-51. No figures of any sort.

In 1:32, they had a couple "Angie" P-47s, a couple "Black 1" FW-190s, Hans Ohley Bf-109Es and a Zero. Again nothing new, but about time they got those planes! There were also a couple of the origional "White 3" 32x ME-262. I like it when I find a diverse selection of XD, all for the normal non-Wal Mart retail price :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

C-7A Caribou
Corporal
Corporal

Post by C-7A Caribou » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 pm

The Battle Creek walmart had mix of wave 1 and 2 figures. I picked up Cpt. Newwnhaus, Pvt. Kemnett, Cpt. Russo, and Pvt. Reynolds. The walmart in Coldwater had one Stuka Zu Fuss left for $13 clearance, so I picked that up also. :D

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:47 pm

My trip to South Bend, Mishawaka, and Niles was a bust--the only new XD I saw was a couple Mitch's Squitch F-86s at the new Walmart on the south side. Niles now has about 8 or 9 F-104s (all Marinenflieger) clearanced for $30. No clue where they all appeared from. At the same time, the 3 or 4 Bf-109G6s that had been languishing there forever have simply disappeared.

Only one WM had any figures at all, and they have the same three since last figure. By the time they sell, the two Imperial Marine figures are going to look like those Japanese soldiers found in the South Pacific in the 1970's and 80's, defending the island and waiting for the war to end.

Did see a lone Daisy Jane Corsair buried in the back at TRU, but put it on hold in favor of the new AH-6 and a Night Ops USAF figure to flesh out the crew.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:08 am

Frederick Maryland (south) WM had a nice selection of newer XD figures, DAK, US Airborne, and DDay.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Just hit the mother load for new figures in Morehead Ky today. I was out there buying parts for my 57 and just had to stop at the local Wal Mart. I nailed a new grey Panzer for $35 and an S-3 Mig for full price. :wink:

It has been a good day!!! :D

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm not seeing the wave 2 figures anywhere within 200 miles of here (my work gets me around). Yes, these need to become available through online retailers!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:24 am

Found the new DAK and D-day figures at a couple of "out of the way
" Walmarts yesterday and neither had any XD vehicles, NOR did they have a place for them..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:48 am

All of the Walmarts around here have been "figure-free" for way too long--just empty pegs. I keep hoping to find some of the D-Day and DAK and Wehrmacht (or in 21st speak, Wermacht--the "who power"), but other than the 3 D-Day and 1 DAK I have found so far, no dice. And I refuse to go on evil bay.
As far as vehicles go: every place I have been has shelf space for 1:18 planes, but no tags for armor. Then again, my local WM had tags and shelf space for the Avenger but never got any in, while 2 stores that had no space reserved got tons. So I don't place any faith in the way shelf space and tags are reserved. If 21st announces/releases a new armor piece, like the PAK-40 Hanomag, I am sure WM will make space for it.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

mikeg

SALE AT PERIMETER MALL WALMART

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:46 pm

On sale for 25.00, the following-
German 104 (1)
Seeman 109 (1)
Chinese camo migs (2)
Grey panzer RC (numerous)

normandy

Figures

Post by normandy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Over the weekend I hit two walmarts in my AO and found a few DAK and "Black Coat" Germans. Massapequa had one of each DAK and some US troops. East Meadow WM had both DAK and "Black Coat" as well as most of the US forces. This second walmart has had nothing XD in about 4 months.
I also saw 2 Migs at full price.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Are the 1/2 trax even 1/2 way here...

Post by c44 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Thanx for update, Normandy...good to hear about local Migs, Sabres can't be too far behind...speaking of behinds, here on the ass end of the island Smokes & Flying Undertakers finally made it to the Middle Island WM, but the Centereach WM, once a fertile place for XD, is backlogged with Mutts & Seal jeeps (on clearance for an irresistable $13)...the new DD figs have made it here but I have yet to see a new half-track...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:13 pm

I saw a strange sight at WM yesterday. As usual the only 21st product to be found was 32x and I was looking through the selection of armor. I picked up a Panzer III DAK version and noticed it had a proper Afrika Korps emblem with swastika and palm tree. :shock: Now I know the aircraft don't get proper markings, is this normal for the armor? Was it an oversight by 21st or the factory or is it just so small its no big deal.

I for one would like to see more vehicles and aircraft with proper markings but the PC crybabies wouldn't go for that. :roll:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:59 am

On the way home from work tonight I hit Griffin WM (kind of out of the way) in Georgia - outside atlanta...
Found the New Tankers, D-Day figures, DAK, and Germans.
Picked up all the german figures - the only ones they did not have were Pvt. Osternoh and Sgt. Otto Wilndorff.
I saw all the Americans but Wildman and Pvt Frank Wheeler.
I did pick up Preacher for the shell...

The trend I'm seeing here on the forum is the WM's that did not have anything on the aisle are getting the new figures - This WM had a few Sahara figures and one BoB 1 tanker for the last month - all the BoB II left before Christmas.

So go buy up what is left at your WM - no matter what it is and the new stuff comes in.

Any way im opening Capt. William Newwnhause and the dang thing is still tacky from paint - my finger sticks to his ammo pouch. also neither hat fits him at all - cant even force it on - also no holes for the extra gear he has - is this normal? I do like the head sculpt and the new articulation and movement on the neck

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:26 am

I am about to drive across Texas today and hit several WM along the interstate and see what items I can pick up along the way!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:44 pm

STUKA wrote:Any way im opening Capt. William Newwnhause and the dang thing is still tacky from paint - my finger sticks to his ammo pouch. also neither hat fits him at all - cant even force it on - also no holes for the extra gear he has - is this normal? I do like the head sculpt and the new articulation and movement on the neck
I agree that the new "movable" head sculpt on the Newhaus figure is great. Similar heads have also been included on other some other German figures in the new wave.

I've also picked up figures that turned out to have the sticky paint. Perhaps it is reacting with the soft plastics...

The Captain Newhaus figure has the same body as the DAK infantry figure. This only had one hole on the back for which to stick an accessory, despite the fact that the officer came with 3 (pistol holster, ammo pouch, and map case). So, it is normal. I guess you have to pick and choose what accessory you want him to wear :wink: Mine is wearing the ammo pouch, holding the mapcase in one hand, and I put the sidearm holster on the DAK infantry figure.

I would also agree that the hat was hard to put on, but you have to give it some force! Perhaps soaking the hat in hot water to soften it up would help.

The new DAK figures are great and are pretty origional! If you get two of each, you can make at least four different looking (and equipped) figures!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Hmm I guess I'm the only one who thought that DAK insignia was odd?? Anyhow I stopped off at the WM where I found my first nine figures and saw two pegs full! Unfortunately the only one I didn't have was CPT. Newwhaus who I picked up.

So I still need to find nine more figures, Jesse "Wildman" James, Kevin "Scribe" Debree, Roger "Tracker" Richards, Johnny "Light Fingers" Jones, Frank "Wheeler" hodges, Otto Wilndorff, Fristzen Osternoh, and the Mystery figure.

Collecting XD is starting to feel more and more like an frustrating scavenger hunt.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:15 pm

Next Figure opened:
Lt. Ludwick

He was not tacky to the touch - Very good sculpt and paint job - although the patch and insignia seem a bit rushed. Again I love the articulation on the neck and body - Great job.
His holster fits perfect under the closed coat.
The cap was not as difficult at Newwnhaus but still had to use some force and warm water as tmanthegreat suggested.
So far my favorite bunch of Germans.

Next comes Pvt. Clyde "Preacher"

Love the shell!
Makes me wonder if there will be a set with extra shells or a Sherman/Priest with detailed inside.
Great head sculpt and paint detail on the body - His face is dirty and he has a smirk on his face. Who was it that said I want a soldier that smiles while he is shooting...? or something like that....He comes with enough holes for all his accessories. I like the fact we have a holster with a 45 and one without - He is one of the figures we as fans have been screaming about. Extra head - the heads come off and on very easy - great extras along with a closed coat. And the (fade in music) tank shell.
The only drawback is he does not have the new neck articulation some of the German's have.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:01 pm

The shell with the "Preacher" figure was a nice touch - I also like the tools and removable helmets included with the other US tankers in this line. I currently have the said figure as the gunner in my M-41 (which afterall, does have an interior) It was tough getting him while holding the shell, but I was able to do it and it looks great for a little "interior" dio :wink: