POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Rowsdower wrote:I forgot about the SSHQ database. So now I know who I am missing. Sadly it doesn't cover the second series. I am missing 5 off SSHQ's list and I have 3 Germans who aren't on the list at all. :?
Aren't on the list at all? I believe the list shows every carded german released to date. Which ones do you have?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Picked up the newest wave of figures at the newly opened Walmart in South Bend. Went over to the Mishawaka Walmart and found all of them again. Then I picked up the BBI "Daisy June" Corsair at ToysRUs. Good day of Hunting! :D

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 pm

Dang I gotta get me one of those corsairs. I have the checkerboard still in the box but one of the side box flaps got partially ripped off and I dont think they will take it. :(

As for the figures, I dont know what I was talking about at this time. :oops: I will have to check out the figs tomorrow. So does anyone know what the total number of figures will be?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:48 pm

B-24Sharky wrote:Picked up the newest wave of figures at the newly opened Walmart in South Bend. Went over to the Mishawaka Walmart and found all of them again. Then I picked up the BBI "Daisy June" Corsair at ToysRUs. Good day of Hunting! :D
Hope you left a few:) I was planning to head down there tomorrow or Monday night!

So is the new Walmart worth checking out, beyond the figures? I don't usually run all the way across town--usually just Niles, Mishawaka, and sometimes Portage Road), but if I can add south side if it's worthwhile :)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:51 am

Picked up 3 of the wave 2 D-Day figures on Friday. Only wave 2 I've seen so far around here. These 3 were US. I really want Germans, which always seem to be gone....

Yesterday my wife wondered why my Saturday errands ran long, and I confessed that I was out "snooping for toys." Checked 3 stores near my home (including the WM where I'd picked up the 3 US figures on Friday, hoping they'd have restocked the pegs for the weekend). No wave 2 in evidence.

I did pick up a Smoke II F-104 for $30. First I've seen in this area. I already got one from BadCat when they were first released, so now I have a total of 4 F-104s (Silver, German, and 2 Smoke IIs). Guess I must like the F-104.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:06 pm

So how many waves of new figures are there going to be in total? I'm just confused, I have nine figures in total, how many more will I need to get for the whole series? :? I'm kind of new at getting XD figures as they are released.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Well, made it down to the Mishawaka WM and TRU, and it was a wasteland. None of the new Corsairs left at TRU, and not a single figure to be had at the MishawakaWM--just two empty pegs. The Niles and Portage Rd. each had a couple old figures, but nothing exciting. And there wasn't a single Avenger to be seen. Mishawaka had the RC M113s for $15. Portage Rd. still had them at $30, but also had a couple RC Panzer IV H's for variety.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

mogdog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Walmart XD isle

Post by mogdog » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:23 pm

New in this neck of the woods. Walmart here in Eagle River Ak. has clearenced all XD and no sign of restocking. Not Good. Is this just a local thing or is it the sign of things to come?

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Rowsdower, wave 1 had 6 figures. I'm not actually clear on how many wave 2 consists of, but I'm thinking there'll be a 3rd wave too. Does anyone have a good handle on this? Thanks!

tmanthegreat

Re: Walmart XD isle

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 pm

mogdog wrote:New in this neck of the woods. Walmart here in Eagle River Ak. has clearenced all XD and no sign of restocking. Not Good. Is this just a local thing or is it the sign of things to come?
No one is sure what to make of it. It is not a local thing as boardmembers have reported clearencing all across the country, even in places where the 21c products traditionally didn't get marked down.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Tinman wrote:Rowsdower, wave 1 had 6 figures. I'm not actually clear on how many wave 2 consists of, but I'm thinking there'll be a 3rd wave too. Does anyone have a good handle on this? Thanks!
Thanks for the info Tinman. I seem to have a mix of figures from both waves 1 and 2. I just gotta follow 21st's order to "Collect them all!" :P

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:11 pm

A WM in the Atlanta City Limits had ridge runner and NK Mig 15 for $9.00 each.

I picked up two Migs and Ridge Runner for less than the price of one!
One of the best finds in my short XD Life.
They still have 10 Migs at $9.00
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:45 pm

STUKA wrote:A WM in the Atlanta City Limits had ridge runner and NK Mig 15 for $9.00 each.

Wow!! that is a deal!!!!
(I hear the sound of XD dying in the water @ Walmarts across the nation).. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:04 pm

I wouldnt call it death - maybe status quo regarding their distribution skills.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:14 pm

STUKA wrote:I wouldnt call it death - maybe status quo regarding their distribution skills.
Right on Stuka.. The simple fact that you guys are seeing items on ultra-low clearance in your AOs that barely (or never) made it into mine (15 WMs and counting) indicates a distribution issue.. :roll: Anyone that found or has access to clearance Pak-40s or the RC Panzer IV (short barrel) send me a PM. :D
Rowsdower wrote:So how many waves of new figures are there going to be in total?
Six in Wave 1, ten in Wave 2.

List is here:
viewtopic.php?t=6677&highlight=wave
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Thanks for the hand Grunt! I've been working through several major health issues at once and my mind has finally gone FUBAR! :shock: 8) :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:23 pm

I found one complete set of the second wave of the D-Day figures (the one with the Afrika Korps figures) at a Fresno, Ca. Wal Mart (Peach & Kings Canyon). I picked up the German figures and really like the "close coat" officer figure and the two DAK soldiers. The US figures are neat - I almost got the tanker with the tankround accessory, but left those as I have enough tankers already from the first wave. Two other stores in my area did not have the new figures, though one had restocked a case of the BoB2 figures.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:35 pm

I cleared out the rack of nine new figures like almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't restocked. :lol: Insanity! :shock:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:54 pm

STUKA wrote:A WM in the Atlanta City Limits had ridge runner and NK Mig 15 for $9.00 each.

I take that back -
Was able to go back tonight and they had been moved I figured they were all gone but saw an older grandmotherly woman with five stacked in her cart.
We started chatting and she has birthdays and christmas ready for some grandsons and nephews. Future forum members I believe.

While she was telling me she found all there was I noticed a 21st box over on another aisle. They were down from $9.00 each in the $5.00 right under the sign.

The lady realized I saw more and realized she had the element of surprise so she threw WM sand in my face and rushed me - I cought her hip with a check and she tumbled to the floor giving me the chance to make a run for the Migs - right before I picked up the box (fade in victory music) I felt a sharp hot pain in my right shoulderblade. Throwing knives of all things - she had throwing knives -

well to make a long story short - I picked up 4 more Mig 15 and a Pirates of the caribean building all $5.00 each. I also had the receipt from picking up the ones for $9.00 and was able to get those three discounted.

7 1:18 planes for less than the price of one full price.

I actually gave the lady the last plane and handed her back the dagger.

On the way out - an elderly couple honked the horn at me - as I had a buggy full of XD and asked If there were any left? As he and his wife were actually there to grab some - they saw the sale the day before and realized what a deal it was so they were back. I told him no but sold him one for $5.00 - he was excited saying he wanted his grandson to have it.

whew - long day.

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 am

Found the wave 2 figures again, this time at the Plymouth, Indiana Walmart. Picked up the Germans and left the Americans. With all the new U.S. tankers in these latest releases, would of been a good time to rerelease the Sherman or a new American tank!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Found more of the new D-day & DAK figures at another Wal Mart in Fresno (Shaw & Brawley). Looks like 1:18 is not completely dead :wink:

The DAK figure are great, it would seem one could make several different figures with the accessories provided! I also like the US tank crew accessories. It would seem to be time for 21c to follow BBI's lead and release WWII accessory packs with the tools, items, and weapons that come with these new figures...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am

DAK GERMANS and Black Coat Germans -WHERE ARE YOU???:?

We have had only a handful of the Wave 2 D-Day figs come through this area. Very disappointing! The Germans are the best figs to come down the line in a long time and me and the folks in my area can't find any at all.

Hey WM! Send some down our way, please!!!!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:48 am

And send 'em north, too!
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993