POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:52 pm

Hopefully those new D-Day figures will get the quick distribution across the country that the first wave got before the holidays. I was surprised to find the first wave only a week or so after they were first found on the east coast 8)

BTW, where are the German figures? Those are the ones I'm after moreso than the US troops!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:57 pm

I paid 20 cent s for my BOB Sherman couple of years ago. They were supposed to be marked down to $20. The sales clerk let me have at that price before she changed the price. I still have the receipt though it may not be readable by now.

MG-42

D-Day 2nd. wave

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:52 pm

Just grabbed 5 of the 2nd. wave of D-Day figures here including both the new DAK guys. The others were : 82nd. Airborne driver Pvt. Dan "Danny" Reynolds ... Wehrmact : German Officer w/ closed-coat ,.. German Infantry w/ open-coat. :shock: + 8) .... These guys are bad too ,.. and the Officers are even badder ,.. better than (S-1). ... I really needed some more Officers too.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Dang Mitch, you struck gold. Good for you! Where did you find them? Were there a bunch of them? 8)

MG-42

2nd. wave found

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:55 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:Dang Mitch, you struck gold. Good for you! Where did you find them? Were there a bunch of them? 8)
>>> Hi Kevin ,... I found them at the "new" Mason , Ohio "SuperCenter" here ,.. within about 10-minutes driving time from my work. ... I grabbed all they had hanging ,.. and they're pretty good about re-stocking them. This is where I had found the first wave too.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Glad to hear there local. Should be all around soon. Thanks for the tip. :D

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:46 pm

Hey MG can we get pics of your new figures???

MG-42

2nd. wave found

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Fitzystigertank wrote:Hey MG can we get pics of your new figures???
>>> "Oh darn it Fitzy" ,.. sorry but I just don't have this capability yet. :roll: ... Sheesh !

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:33 pm

I replied to this post before i read your other post. I guess i'll have to be on the hunt along with everyone else. sheesh

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:20 pm

I had meant to type this earlier this week....

I believe the clearanced Avengers will continue to sit as most folk expect the price to continue to go down - WM shot themselves in the foot. I saw the avenger a long time ago - I passed cause i figured it will probably go on clearance some time in the future.
I found one later half off - so im glad i waited - now they are up to $49.00 and sit - why? The people who will buy them are waiting for the next cut on price. Same with all the sitting FW 190 and me 109s 0- everyone is waiting for them to fall in price - I remember the spitfires sat forever until they cut the price on them.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Same here... just watching that mountain of $49 Avengers for a price cut. The XD halftracks and PAK went to $8.50 before they started clearing out. RC Panzers are at $10. So I figure the Avengers are next in line.

Rogo

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 pm

those are great prices - the pak-40s were gone before i found one but after getting a few at 12.77 they are all still at $17.00.
I'll grab some rc tanks for $10 - when they come down from $35 here

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Stuka (or anyone)--if you come up with PAK-40s for $12 or less, let me know--I want to pick up a couple more and they are nowhere to be found around here now.
What IS around here, based on my scouting patrol tonight:
Niles, MI Walmart still has a ton of F-104s and Bf-109s, as well as some 1/32 armor in Motorworks boxes for full price (hard to read the tag through the dust). In clearance are 4 Avengers at $49, several 1.18 Humvees for $17, and a bunch of 1/32 stuff we won't talk about here ;)
Mishawaka, IN WM had 4 of the new D-Day figures (operative word being "had", for about 7 seconds), several Avengers at $49, and 3 Seeman Bf-109s clearanced at $30. I ended up grabbing one of the 109's, since (you may boo me off the forum now, if you want) I didn't have a 109 in my collection yet. And that is it for 1/18. And 1/32 was pretty scarce too.

One encouraging thing: at both stores, the number of Avengers on the shelf was less than half what it was last time I was there (Mishawaka went from about 18 to 6), and that is at $49. So more careful ordering may support the higher price point, since I know at least 10-12 sold at full price in Niles.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:09 pm

Everyone keep on lookout My local Walmarts had the ladies with the scanners lowering prices (weird they don't smile like they do in the commercials or laugh at the floating happy face even)

The RC tanks are now down to $30 from $35
One WM just brought out a crate of these things and they were all placed at $30 - the manager said they were to be out before christmas but they never saw them.....
hmm?
I am also seeing a lot of planes and smaller 21st century stuff getting placed in the clearance aisles but sitting at full price.

Found a BOB I german tanker in winter camo yesterday - was excited.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:50 pm

STUKA wrote:Everyone keep on lookout My local Walmarts had the ladies with the scanners lowering prices (weird they don't smile like they do in the commercials or laugh at the floating happy face even)
That's just false advertising... Floating happy faces and smiling WM employees - isn't much to ask of the world, is it?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Tanks (RC) hit $30 here too... Still no sign of Pak-40's or halftracks though and that's disappointing since I was looking forward to these greatly. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:41 am

The same Avengers that were around here last week are still sitting in torn boxes. Sitting at $49.99 I think one or two sold - still 10 at one WM - The other WM's never picked them up - probably waiting for the after Christmas discounts then we will see them again.

will probably see the next fall to $35.00 by what I have seen here on the threads.

WM shoots themselves in the foot. Everyone knows they will discount them deeper so they wait.....

wait

wait

and
pounce

but we can keep that secret from WM - they havent caught on yet.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:31 am

How they're really shooting themselves in the foot is with poor distribution. Some areas get a glut of them and need to have them discounted to move the whole lot, while other areas never get them at all.

Even distribution would mean they would be able to sell far more at full price.....maybe even all of them.

You'd think they'd be able to see that and have a more efficient distribution system. I'm sure it's not just with 21c toys this is happening but with many of their product lines.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 am

aferguson wrote:How they're really shooting themselves in the foot is with poor distribution. Some areas get a glut of them and need to have them discounted to move the whole lot, while other areas never get them at all.

Even distribution would mean they would be able to sell far more at full price.....maybe even all of them.

You'd think they'd be able to see that and have a more efficient distribution system. I'm sure it's not just with 21c toys this is happening but with many of their product lines.
Poor distribution = sign of a poorly run business. I'm sure the whole "lower prices" goal has something to do with it as well. Poorly paid workers do a poor job at work. Pretty sad for the world's largest corporation. The scary thing is that most of Wal Mart's clientele do not realize this and thus the store can get away with it. If this is the future of business, we in the western world are in for a rude shock...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:37 pm

It would appear that the profit from the XD items are insignificant to the millions WM makes since there isn't much attention paid to how and where they are sold.

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Our it could be employess with there discount buying the stuff before or right after it hits the shelvs and then throwing it all on evil bay.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:24 pm

Here is something to think about. I never see a problem in the distribution of food items or medicine. They never seem to be out of quick moving product. Nor do they ever seem to have a lag in selling Hasbro items.

When I want a Walmart Lobster gosh darn it I find one swimming right there near the week old frozen fish.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:39 pm

WM sells Lobsters?! :shock:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:53 pm

Crawdad, lobster... what's the difference?
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993