JSI WISHLIST-FROM JSI

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 am

Hey all,

We're doing a formal poll and trying to get your opinions and thoughts on this list, amongst a few other things so we can send the formal results back to Merit and JSI.

You can read up here:

http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1099

If you want to come over and participate, please do so. I know you folks (SSHQ) have probably already sent out your information, but we wanted to make sure anyone who wasn't represented, does get represented. We want to cooperate on this "list" as much as possible because of how potentially important it can be. In a fragile hobby such as ours, we all have to stick together as much as possible.

We have numerous details we'll be sending along to Merit and JSI besides simple poll data, so please, come over and vote.

Click on the link above to read the rules and get into the individual voting areas. If you are not a member, you will have to register to vote. Voting ends on the 17th of this month.
Best,
-Paul

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am

Did Merit or JSI really asked people for input, or is this just a bunch of guys who decided to email them and say, "Oh hay! We want you to build etc etc etc"

It seems like one forum is just trying to boost its membership.
you need to get in on this list, right here, right now, and no where else!

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:05 pm

King Tiger

CH-47D / F/ or better yet the E or G

HE-111

B-25
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Dear JSI,

I would like a Lysander for christmas. 8)
My mommy says I can ask because I have been very good.
I would also like a plate of rainbow stew with a glass of unicorn milk.
NOM-NOM-NOM-NOM!

Thanks a bunch,

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Grilledcheese wrote:Dear JSI,

I would like a Lysander for christmas. 8)
My mommy says I can ask because I have been very good.
I would also like a plate of rainbow stew with a glass of unicorn milk.
NOM-NOM-NOM-NOM!

Thanks a bunch,

Jeffrey
Sorry, Bad Cat Santa Claws sayz you'll have to make do with a Piper Cub.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. :wink:

PS: Sans pilot, of course. :lol:

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm

I knew it! Santa's a meanie.
Last year when I asked for a 20mm Vulcan cannon he said I would put my eye out!
Santa is bogus. I'm putting my money on the Easter Bunny!

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:20 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:Did Merit or JSI really asked people for input, or is this just a bunch of guys who decided to email them and say, "Oh hay! We want you to build etc etc etc"

It seems like one forum is just trying to boost its membership.
Did i post what you quoted here on this website? I double checked, but i wasn't sure. I posted that on our front page as a way to snag attention. It's just a marketing ploy. ha. I put out an open call for everyone here to participate and you even have a copy of the "actual" list here on the first page here. I believe birddog posted it from our site.

We've expanded ours to include our own polling data we were putting together to do just what was mentioned above. So there are a few more options, but the winners are only pieces on the actual JSI list, no surprise. A lot of good pieces there.

The list came directly to us FROM MERIT, which in turn came from JSI. Our site has forged a great relationship with Merit and it isn't our goal to cause separations in this hobby. Like i said in the previous post, I'm not looking to compete. To compete in this hobby is suicide for the entire industry. We need to bring in new blood in order to expand.

To facilitate this, we have our own site to do extremely detailed reviews on. I think we do OK. We aren't near SSHQ size and i don't think we ever will be.

We have shared all we have and i guess I'll leave it at that.
Best,
-Paul

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 am

paulpratt wrote:
Did i post what you quoted here on this website? I double checked, but i wasn't sure. I posted that on our front page as a way to snag attention. It's just a marketing ploy. ha. I put out an open call for everyone here to participate and you even have a copy of the "actual" list here on the first page here. I believe birddog posted it from our site.
So I guess I was right when I said it's to boost up your membership? Hey, nothing wrong with that. :)
We've expanded ours to include our own polling data we were putting together to do just what was mentioned above. So there are a few more options, but the winners are only pieces on the actual JSI list, no surprise. A lot of good pieces there.
Yeah that's what confused me. The poll(s) and lists have gotten so convoluted, that if JSI really did ask for this input, I don't know how much help would it be. Heck, I even found a list stating what people would buy for over a $100 and under a $100...
The list came directly to us FROM MERIT, which in turn came from JSI. Our site has forged a great relationship with Merit
That's awesome! I'm glad you did. :) I just found it odd that a fairly large e-tailer like Badcat who would definitely carry JSI's products, have gotten no responses from them, but a new small forum would have JSI's ears.
and it isn't our goal to cause separations in this hobby. Like i said in the previous post, I'm not looking to compete. To compete in this hobby is suicide for the entire industry. We need to bring in new blood in order to expand.
I never said you were trying to compete. :shock: I merely asked if this is a just a way for you guys to boost your memberships.

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:12 pm

I have been keeping up with the votes between both boards. I have not counted the votes of those that voted on both boards twice. At least those that have the same handle on both boards.

Here's how it has pannned out:

Aircraft

1. A-10
2. F-4
3. A-7
4. AV-8B
5. Mig 21
6. F-100
7. Mig 29
8. F-22
9. F-35

Helicopters

1. Mil Mi 24
2. Ka 50
3. Mil Mi 28
4. HH-53
5. Lynx

Armor

1. T-72
2 M1126 Stryker
3. T-55
4. T-34/85
5. M-109
6. BMP-1

Artillery

1. 105 mm Howitzer
2. V-2
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks for the summary.

You must be very pleased with the A-10 ranking. :wink:

Glad to see the F-4 as #2.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:08 pm

vulgarvulture wrote:Thanks for the summary.

You must be very pleased with the A-10 ranking. :wink:

Glad to see the F-4 as #2.
No problem.

Yeah I'm glad to see it ranked in the top spot, but if it will ever get made who knows.... :roll:

I want to see an F-4 produced too though. I jsut want the A-10 more.

For now though, A-10 and F-4 fans are in the same boat.....prototypes and nothing else..... :(
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Glad to see the A-10 and F-4 made it to made it to the top. I'm dissapointed with the ranking of the HH-53 Pavelow though.
Builder and Collector of RC Aircraft

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:54 pm

I think those that voted are very hungry for a Russian helicopter in 1/18. Especially the Hind... :D

I believe that if an HH-53 were made in 1/18 it would do fine.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:32 pm

amazing how birddog compiles the list and the A-10 just happens to finish in top spot....lol.

I'm very disappointed by the ranking of the t-34; man, we're never gonna get one of those things in 1/18.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:43 pm

aferguson wrote:amazing how birddog compiles the list and the A-10 just happens to finish in top spot....lol.

I'm very disappointed by the ranking of the t-34; man, we're never gonna get one of those things in 1/18.
:D ....nothing amazing about me counting them, if you don't believe me just go back and count them for yourself....the truth and proof are in the posts..... :wink: :D

Never say never.......
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

sledgehammer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sledgehammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm

I would have thought for sure that almost everybody would want a T-34. Guess not.
succesful buyers or traders: 109, pcoughran, toyktdlgh

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:17 am

Wow :shock: not much of a list if you collect WWII. T-34 in 4th place? No ME-163 Komet, no ME-110 or King Tiger. Hell I already Have a V-2 in 1:16th.
If this is going to be the new trend in our hobby I my just go back to collecting 1:1 WWII. :roll:

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:56 am

normandy wrote:Wow :shock: not much of a list if you collect WWII. T-34 in 4th place? No ME-163 Komet, no ME-110 or King Tiger. Hell I already Have a V-2 in 1:16th.
If this is going to be the new trend in our hobby I my just go back to collecting 1:1 WWII. :roll:
Could it be that after years of every manufacturer making their own Shermans, Tigers, P-51s, and Me 109s, not to mention countless repaints, the folks are starting to yearn for something other than WWII? Sure, WWII is great and all, but how about some consideration for the 70 years that have passed since then?

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:42 am

I know there's History after 1945.....just saying I don't collect it.
Last edited by normandy on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MG-42

Re: * JSI wishlist ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 am

MG-42 wrote:* I had already submitted a list of possible WWII AFV pieces that I'd like to see , to a JSI representative , introduce exclusively in 1:18 , earlier this month , around the 15th. They still want to do something different for everybody ,..

........ but they really want to focus on the modern era.

* This was his response :
Dear Mitch,

Thanks for taking time to make this proposal to us and we do appreciate it.

For your suggestions, I have forwarded to our CMO and management and they will discuss about the possibilities of those items.

As you known, there are too many 1/18 WW2 products in the market, so we would like to develop more modern military items to impact the market.

However, we know there are many collectors are WW2 fans like you, so we will still develop some new WW2 items to fulfill their needs.

For the figure issue, we know there are many hting that we have to improve. We are working on this and hope you will like the figures that we produce later.

Anyway, I hope you won't mind our marketing plan and keep supporting us.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Sam Tse
Senior Managing Director
JS International Limited
http://www.js-int.net
- Mitch v MG
>>> Time I quoted myself again. :lol:

......... "Good luck w/ all the modern".

* There are too many 1:18 WWII products in the market ? ... Repaints maybe.

....... but that's just total B/S !

.......... somebody needs to straighten them out.

- Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:37 pm

MG-42 wrote:
......... "Good luck w/ all the modern".

* There are too many 1:18 WWII products in the market ? ... Repaints maybe.

....... but that's just total B/S !

.......... somebody needs to straighten them out.

- Mitch v MG
I think they will do fine with modern products. I like that they are planning on bringing new and fresh things to the 1/18 hobby. Especially modern subjects.

Let's be honest, the most popular subjects from the WWII era have been done at least once if not multiple times by more than one company. I don't think JSI is going to forget about WWII. Right now JSI has more unproduced modern subjects to choose from that collectors have been wanting.

I hope they continue their focus on modern for a while. This will probably mean more never before produced subjects. I like WWII, but I'm tired of seeing P-51 after P-51 or Halftack after Halftrack etc..... :roll:

If anything, I hope they will start making some of those variations to the existing WWII armor they are re-releasing for all the hardcore WWII collectors... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

MG-42

* JSI wishlist ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:51 pm

......... ahh come on man , that's not what I mean. I was sick of P-51 & Half-Track repaints as well as everybody , and everybody knows that too.

I was never a big modern fan but I'm not saying all modern is B/S either ,.. well some of it is. :lol: ... I'd like to see @ least a T-34/85 if it has to be modern though.

........ but I'm talkin' about seeing something that's not been done before too , like that "OWL" proto-type for example. That Hanomag w/ the search-light on it that JSI has in one of their toy fair shots. ... Stuff like that.

I'd just like to see some of that stuff come to market.

* I'M TIRED OF SEEING PROTO-TYPES THAT WE'LL NEVER HAVE ! ! ! ... that's all.

- Mitch v MG

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm

aferguson wrote:amazing how birddog compiles the list and the A-10 just happens to finish in top spot....lol.

Yep. You'd think that would be a no-brainer as far as WWII armor is concerned. :(

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 pm

MG-42 wrote:......... ahh come on man , that's not what I mean. I was sick of P-51 & Half-Track repaints as well as everybody , and everybody knows that too.

I was never a big modern fan but I'm not saying all modern is B/S either ,.. well some of it is. :lol: ... I'd like to see @ least a T-34/85 if it has to be modern though.

........ but I'm talkin' about seeing something that's not been done before too , like that "OWL" proto-type for example. That Hanomag w/ the search-light on it that JSI has in one of their toy fair shots. ... Stuff like that.

I'd just like to see some of that stuff come to market.

* I'M TIRED OF SEEING PROTO-TYPES THAT WE'LL NEVER HAVE ! ! ! ... that's all.

- Mitch v MG
I understand what you are saying about the prototypes and all. I hope they bring some of those variations out too. However, will small variations in subjects like the spotlight on the Hanomag, be enough to generate the sales volume JSI is probably wanting just starting up in a market that has already been flooded with Hanomags for the past 5 years?

I believe things like the F-14 are what will keep JSI going and this hobby alive. Brand new subjects that collectors want. The Modern era still has plenty of wanted subjects that haven't been produced in any form of 1/18 scale.

I hope they produce a T-34/85 too. I think it would be the best version to produce because of its service span. I don't think JSI is going to leave WWII collectors in the cold in any way either.... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

MG-42

* JSI wishlist ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:02 pm

......... even as far as modern armor is concerned , the T-34/85 was used in Korea & Vietnam , just to name a few. It was used by alot of different countries.

- Mitch v MG