JSI also set to produce 1:18 F-15 Eagle and SU-27 Flanker?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Global Interest

Post by lightning2000 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am

Hello All,
I'm not looking to stir up a debate, but what gburch said is absolutely correct. Many forum members here believe the market for military-themed products should only be skewed towards US interests. With the rising economic influence of China, it really comes as no surprise that this company might offer something that would sell better in China than it would here in the US.

For example, look at Gaincorp and Donart International, two asian companies that offer products geared towards the asian consumer instead of the US appetite. They seem to be doing well enough catering to a different market and probably have their doubts if they could adequately serve the North American collector.

Secondly, its common knowledge that a lot of modelmakers tend to offer the most requested scheme at the tail end of the production cycle. Would a US F-15 sell better than an Israeli F-15 here in the US? Absolutely. But would the manufacturer make enough money on a single scheme to justify the costs of production? Likewise the Su-27 and whatever else is in the pipeline. The more heavily requested schemes are going to come later. The question is, will the manufacturer continue to produce les desirable schemes before they give the go-ahead on the more popular one, particularly at a price point higher than what most consumers have been used to paying?

Tough question in today's economic climate....

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Global Interest

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 am

lightning2000 wrote:Hello All,
I'm not looking to stir up a debate, but what gburch said is absolutely correct. Many forum members here believe the market for military-themed products should only be skewed towards US interests. With the rising economic influence of China, it really comes as no surprise that this company might offer something that would sell better in China than it would here in the US.

For example, look at Gaincorp and Donart International, two asian companies that offer products geared towards the asian consumer instead of the US appetite. They seem to be doing well enough catering to a different market and probably have their doubts if they could adequately serve the North American collector.

Secondly, its common knowledge that a lot of modelmakers tend to offer the most requested scheme at the tail end of the production cycle. Would a US F-15 sell better than an Israeli F-15 here in the US? Absolutely. But would the manufacturer make enough money on a single scheme to justify the costs of production? Likewise the Su-27 and whatever else is in the pipeline. The more heavily requested schemes are going to come later. The question is, will the manufacturer continue to produce les desirable schemes before they give the go-ahead on the more popular one, particularly at a price point higher than what most consumers have been used to paying?

Tough question in today's economic climate....

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
so do you have any new intel about these three birds... any production pic we can just take a gander at...

thanks...
whats up doc....

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Pix

Post by lightning2000 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 am

Hi,
At present, you know as much as we know.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Black_Dragon_One

i just came back from the future

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 pm

whats up doc....

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: i just came back from the future

Post by gburch » Sat May 16, 2009 1:46 pm

OK, c'mon: What the hell is that and where di you find those pics?

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat May 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah, no kiddin! :shock:

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sun May 17, 2009 12:01 am

NWarty wrote:Yeah, no kiddin! :shock:

why does the pic sucks..
whats up doc....

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun May 17, 2009 12:46 am

No, the pic doesn't suck. I'm impressed with the model!

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Holy cow, I take a hiatus and come back to a extinct 21st ( long time overdue) a new revamped production company any a F15 and Su?

holy crap, good thing I have been saving, I def have to get that F15!

Birdog - I think it's time for another A-10 hungerstrike :wink:
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.