POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:32 pm

I got my Avenger. Thank you 21 Century. :D
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:00 pm

lsc1002 wrote:I got my Avenger. Thank you 21 Century. :D
Where did you go??

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Well, the Moraine Super Wally had the sticker for them but no bird. Skunkked again!
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

IT'S ALL MINE!

Post by Folkwulfe » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:11 pm

Thanks to tankbuilder....I found two at the Plano WM (actually four, but I left two for the next guy). Have it out and together...and a few problems. One propeller blade is bent (no biggie...heat gun will cure that) and a few areas where the tie-downs marred the finish (again no biggie). Besides that....the WOW factor is definately alive! I don't know if it was worth three years wait....but I'll take it.
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Be careful with the prop blade. The blades are separate, and sandwiched between the front and back prop hub. One of mine was very loose, in fact it fell out of the hub. You will notice there is a small hole at the base of each prop blade. This fits on a small peg on the hub. You may have to pull the blade out and reglue it. On mine the front and rear prop hub had become unglued. I put the blade back in, then carefully glued the front and rear hub back together.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Screw Holes

Post by Folkwulfe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:42 pm

If people are willing to put a little effort into it....I have an easy method of hiding those screw holes (they are different sizes...beware!). Get some round Evergreen plastic tubing the size of the hole. Insert it and draw around where it sticks out. Cut it off following the contour, then cover that end with thin sheet styrene. once it's set, sand smooth and remove 1/16th to 1/8th inch from the inserted (open) end. That should make it flush when inserted with the sheet covering the end. Plug that puppy in and paint to match (if you haven't already). If it's too loose and falls out, put a small bead of RTV around the outter edge near the open end and let it cure. The rubbery compund will tighten the hold just fine, just don't overdo it. Worked great on the FW after I unplugged all the holes to seperate the wings. Can't tell they were ever apart. To remove one...drill a small hole in the center and insert an "L" shaped piece of strong wire. Pull it straight out.
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Screw Holes

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:37 pm

Folkwulfe wrote:If people are willing to put a little effort into it....I have an easy method of hiding those screw holes (they are different sizes...beware!). Get some round Evergreen plastic tubing the size of the hole. Insert it and draw around where it sticks out. Cut it off following the contour, then cover that end with thin sheet styrene. once it's set, sand smooth and remove 1/16th to 1/8th inch from the inserted (open) end. That should make it flush when inserted with the sheet covering the end. Plug that puppy in and paint to match (if you haven't already). If it's too loose and falls out, put a small bead of RTV around the outter edge near the open end and let it cure. The rubbery compund will tighten the hold just fine, just don't overdo it. Worked great on the FW after I unplugged all the holes to seperate the wings. Can't tell they were ever apart. To remove one...drill a small hole in the center and insert an "L" shaped piece of strong wire. Pull it straight out.
Or we can just wait till 21 st has a kit :D

DH

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:31 pm

Bremerton WA still has five or six TBF's.One was a return they used clear tape, to tape everything back in like the figures and wings etc lol
Could not think of anything to put here.

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

help

Post by TOOL » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:47 pm

I can't take it anymore...after 20 trips to WM nothing. If anyone out there is willing to pick me up one I would appreciate it. Its like an itch I can't scratch.... :x

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:55 pm

TOOL,

It is very easy to see my friend what you dealing with. It is AWD, or Avenger Withdrawal Disease. You will recover after a forum member hooks you up with an Avenger. It was a long dark road for me also, but since I got my Avenger, I am on the road to full recovery. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:59 pm

STARMAN 352ND wrote:You know my wife's best friend is a dept mgr in the toys at Wally and she has told me that they will not order anymore 1/18 planes until they sell what they have on the floor.
I told her Heck you still have the same 4 1/18 109's you have had over 8 months and no one is going to buy them old things now unless you mark them down .
She said it's by the book at wally to do it that way.
I have my Avenger already only because i got lucky.It's nice to have friends & family in San Diego.
But i bet i won't see a Mig 15 or F-86F here for a while :(
Well, it looks like it's time to "relocate" stock to a far and distant shore!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Avengers have finally hit Houston! It's about freakin' time!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:41 pm

pokeyjtc wrote:Avengers have finally hit Houston! It's about freakin' time!
Glad to here that!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:49 pm

Yep. Excellent sugestion Teamski. I did that at the closest Walmart to me because they didn't have anything but jeep drivers. I bought all of them, took them way out in the sticks, and in 2 days I was looking at the new Bob figures in their place. The store will also see this as
proof that the product is moving and the bean counters in Bentonville will give you more XD. Try it guys. It seems like a lot of extra effort but as far as Walmarts inventory system is concerned, they are just filling a spot on the shelves. If they don't have anymore FW 190s They will send you Migs, Avengers, or whatever else is similar to what just sold.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:11 am

That's why I don't get my closest Walmart. They had five Stukas and Corsairs on an endcap, yet still had at one point 9 Avengers. Now, they are down to about 5 planes total, and no MiGs. :x

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Already 5 Avengers on the clearence isle in a Waco, Texas Wal-Mart. $69. Seems kind of fast for them to be hitting the clearence isle, but they were there. Hopefully they will drop a little lower in price before I pick one up.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Still no Avengers in my area and they are on clearance elsewhere. Wow!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:31 pm

hotrodrock wrote:Already 5 Avengers on the clearence isle in a Waco, Texas Wal-Mart. $69. Seems kind of fast for them to be hitting the clearence isle, but they were there. Hopefully they will drop a little lower in price before I pick one up.
Isn't $69 what they sell for anyway??? Doesn't sound like much of a clearance.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:23 pm

the were $69.87 originally i think.....just under $70 anyway. Looks like the store manager is trying to pull a bit of a fast one.. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:58 pm

Perhaps, but maybe not.

From what I see in my AO, the crew and/or orders to move items to the clearance aisle and the crew/orders that actually change the price... and the crew that actually put the clearance price sticker on the shelf are frequently different squads.

Might vary by shift, department or who knows but the left and right hand don't talk much.

Typically once I see something wander over into that area, if it isn't marked down when I see it, it will be soon.

And when it's not marked, I always scan it.

I've had cases where the stuff didn't move, wasn't marked, but scanned for clearance price. Where the stuff was moved, not marked, scanned for clearance. Also where it was marked and moved, but still scanned at the original price. Madness.. but fun! :-D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:38 pm

Morian Miner wrote:That's why I don't get my closest Walmart. They had five Stukas and Corsairs on an endcap, yet still had at one point 9 Avengers. Now, they are down to about 5 planes total, and no MiGs. :x
Well now they're down to 1 badly beat up Avenger and 3 Stukas. They must have moved things around since you were there last. I found the one good Avenger over with the 1:32 and smaller stuff while the Stukas and the beat up Avenger were over with the big R/C cars.

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:10 pm

Still no Avengers or Migs at any Wal Marts in my part of Ohio. Was at 5 different ones this weekend and nota zip zilch. Ashland just opened 3 weeks ago just BH Corsairs & Stukas. Norwalk & Sandusky nothing new. Avon & Elyria nothing new there either. :(

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:49 am

I thought they were $69 originally. Scanned one to make sure the price was correct since it was on the clearence isle, but it scanned at $69. Not the first time something was on clearence at WM at retail price.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:59 pm

ogravl, don't despair it's been the same way here. They'll show up at some point. Anyway, I'm holding out for one of the other paint schemes.