POST ALL 21ST CENTURY TOYS R US FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 am

The maplewood TRU had: 5 Rudel stukas, an AVG p-40, 2 BBi little birds, a pak-40 hanomag, a Stuka zu fuss, a quad trailer, plenty of BBi figs, and the DAK arty spotter and machine gunner. I picked up one of the new stukas for myself.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Checked 2 out of 4 TRUs in the area Sunday. Both had the P40s and on had three of the BBI Corsairs which surprised me.

Panzer
Corporal
Corporal

TRU

Post by Panzer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:10 pm

I just saw the Flying Tigers P-40, BOB Germans, Pattons, OMG figures. I haven't seen the old figures in a while.

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 pm

TRu in Cobb had OMG and BOB winter tanker figures - I picked up a few tankers - but they wouldnt ring up at the register - so i figured someone returned these after a KB toys buy for the few extra bucks - but if they are turning up at other stores then cool.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:29 pm

STUKA wrote:TRu in Cobb had OMG and BOB winter tanker figures - I picked up a few tankers - but they wouldnt ring up at the register - so i figured someone returned these after a KB toys buy for the few extra bucks - but if they are turning up at other stores then cool.
TRU is always like this when there are new arrivals. They never really do any inventory price listing before they put stuff on the shelf. It happened with the BBI repaint figs, the repackaged 21CT 1:32 infantry sets, and the new 1:72 FOV vehicles recently.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:44 pm

I've had that happen several times at TRU - but the employees are always very nice and fix the problem, so I walk out with the new items. Once, I had a similar incident at Wal Mart and they wouldn't let me purchase the items. Something about the cashier not having the proper clearance to enter items into the system... Came back three days later and the items still weren't in the computer.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Was in 4 TRUs in the St. Louis area. They all had at least 3 most had around 6 of Spec. Ed. P-40s (seems like there are alot of these out). 1 store had a 21C Bunker Hill corsair and a BBI Daisy as well as one of the F-86, and a F-104 (Col George). There was a German WWI Mess. but I'm not into those so didn't look at it too close. Another store had a P-51 Flying Undertaker and a Daisy BBI corsair. The remaining two just had the P-40s I've already mentioned that were at all 4 locations.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, there were actually 3 of the Power Team elite A-10s at one location. I was tempted to buy them up to repaint and sell or just resell - I know lots of guys have been looking for them lately.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Visited two TRU in Northern CA and was surprised to find some Fallschirmjager's (Mayer & Schnitzel). Picked then both up along with a Patton figure. It was nice seeing these old soldiers on the shleves again. :D

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

immeww2 wrote:Visited two TRU in Northern CA and was surprised to find some Fallschirmjager's (Mayer & Schnitzel). Picked then both up along with a Patton figure. It was nice seeing these old soldiers on the shleves again. :D
Fallschirmjagers ????
NO WAY! :shock:
That is really interesting to hear.
I was pleased to find the German Tankers in white last Saturday.

Tman- This was in CALIFORNIA!
Not all the good stuff goes to the midwest...

Anybody anywhere find any Fallschirmjagers????
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 am

Fallschirmjagers? Not at any of my local TRUs as of yet. In fact, I've only seen the restocked BoB figures at a TRU 100 miles south of me. Certainly not in my area...

My TRUs are usually VERY slow to stock anything new in regards to 21c and there are several items (or repaints of some items) that I've never seen at my local stores. The TRUs in Immeww2's area in northern California (again about 150 to 200 miles from my AO) usually seems to get most of the new stuff early on. It is one of the only places on the west coast that has aprently gotten the Rudel Stukas. Still, the find gives me something to look for in any eventuality... As these figures are probably the result of 21c "cleaning house" it is very unlikely that the distribution of the figures will ever be anything aproaching even :roll:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Fallschirmjagers? Not at any of my local TRUs as of yet. In fact, I've only seen the restocked BoB figures at a TRU 100 miles south of me. Certainly not in my area...

My TRUs are usually VERY slow to stock anything new in regards to 21c and there are several items (or repaints of some items) that I've never seen at my local stores. The TRUs in Immeww2's area in northern California (again about 150 to 200 miles from my AO) usually seems to get most of the new stuff early on. It is one of the only places on the west coast that has aprently gotten the Rudel Stukas. Still, the find gives me something to look for in any eventuality... As these figures are probably the result of 21c "cleaning house" it is very unlikely that the distribution of the figures will ever be anything aproaching even :roll:
Tman, two words for you:
ROAD TRIP!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm

those would be incredible - i was excited to find winter tankers - what next VC?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Tman, two words for you:
ROAD TRIP!
Yes, I agree :wink: But there is the gas issue as well as the fact that for the moment I drive a 16-year-old gas-hogging SUV. Gas is not cheap out west and the fuel expenditures would outweigh the cost of any potential XD finds.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
Razor17019 wrote:Tman, two words for you:
ROAD TRIP!
Yes, I agree :wink: But there is the gas issue as well as the fact that for the moment I drive a 16-year-old gas-hogging SUV. Gas is not cheap out west and the fuel expenditures would outweigh the cost of any potential XD finds.
We are talking Fallschirmjaegers here Tman... :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 am

olifant wrote:
tmanthegreat wrote: Yes, I agree :wink: But there is the gas issue as well as the fact that for the moment I drive a 16-year-old gas-hogging SUV. Gas is not cheap out west and the fuel expenditures would outweigh the cost of any potential XD finds.
We are talking Fallschirmjaegers here Tman... :wink:
I guess with the cost of gas nowadays, Road Trips have to be calculated and thought about instead of you and a bunch of your friends jump in the car and go!
But we are talking Fallschirmjaegers... 8)

Immeww2,
Did you just find the 2 Fallschirmjaegers?
Did ya see any others or pick up more for trade? :wink:

If 21stC had all these good figures and they had been going for a mint on Ebay and the like, why didn't they issue them till now?
Where they underneath some back shelf almost lost forever?

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:07 am

I went to two different TRU and both had the same Fallschirmjager figures (Mayer and Schnitzel). I picked them all up, but the duplicates I had have already been spoken for. I'll be going to other TRU today to see if there are any additonal figures available. I'll report back what I find. :D

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 am

I went to a local TRU today and mixed in with the 17 DAK mp-40 figs were 1 Patton, 1 Ardennes closed coat German, 1 Stuka Pilot and 1 Fallschirmjager Private Keitel. Took all 4 at $4.99 each. :D
Think 21st should bring out more Fallschirmjagers!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Interesting the fallschirms are being reissued or old stock dug out or whatever. Good move. They are pretty nice figures and highly sought after.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Score! I got one Fallschirmjager; Major Schnitzel, Patton in Dress Uniform, German Tanker Winter Uniform, U.S MB Vehicle Driver, Ardennes Infantry closed long coat, modern special forces, and three USMC Series 1 Digger, Barman, and Greasy Gun.

Tman, I think its safe to say your TRU in your AO might have them now, since NorCal and SoCal has both stocked. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Well, went to go check my two local TRUs. It was sort of a boom and a bust. Only one of my two local stores (Clovis) had stocked the "new" figures. There were 3 Corsair pilots, 1 Bf-109 pilot, 3 US Paratroopers (2x Cpl. Jennings 1x Cpl Mansfield), 1 BoB Jeep Driver, one Marine (Zippie Burns) and one Japanese soldier (Eckiguchi).

NO FALLSCHRIMJAGERS :evil:

It seemed as though someone may have gone through the figures earlier, as the whole display was a mess, but when I went to purchase the two US paratroopers, they were not scanned into the system, so I may have just as well have been the first to get them...

From what it sounds like, TRUs are getting a somewhat varied assortment of the figures. I'll have to check the next closest store to the ones in my area, but at a 50 mile drive in one direction, it may be a bit before I can do that. With luck, the other store will get the new figures in sometime soon.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 am

Did a recon at several TRU this past weekend for the Fallschermagjers and came up empty. Looks like the stock has run dry for now. :( :(

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Well, went to go check my two local TRUs. It was sort of a boom and a bust. Only one of my two local stores (Clovis) had stocked the "new" figures. There were 3 Corsair pilots, 1 Bf-109 pilot, 3 US Paratroopers (2x Cpl. Jennings 1x Cpl Mansfield), 1 BoB Jeep Driver, one Marine (Zippie Burns) and one Japanese soldier (Eckiguchi).

NO FALLSCHRIMJAGERS :evil:

It seemed as though someone may have gone through the figures earlier, as the whole display was a mess, but when I went to purchase the two US paratroopers, they were not scanned into the system, so I may have just as well have been the first to get them...

From what it sounds like, TRUs are getting a somewhat varied assortment of the figures. I'll have to check the next closest store to the ones in my area, but at a 50 mile drive in one direction, it may be a bit before I can do that. With luck, the other store will get the new figures in sometime soon.
The "new" figures are all coming up as not scanned into the system.
The German Tankers in white did the same thing.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:59 am

I got two German Tankers as well as a Patton just the other day. They all rang up correctly. :? By the way Mark I saw your white tankers right before you got them. My wife made me pass on them but I was able to find them at a different store when she wasn’t with me. :wink:

MG-42

* (S-1) Vietnam figures ?

Post by MG-42 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm

* Well if they're re-reissuing or passing old over-stock , then it's anyones guess that we'll be seeing some (S-1) Vietnam guys too. Whether it be VC and or GI's . * 8)

->>>----> on my way to Brighton , Michigan tonight.

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *