POST ALL 21ST CENTURY TOYS R US FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm

same old stuff, huh??

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm

same old stuff, huh??
Very true indeed. Nonetheless, it was a great sight to see since I had passed on Smoke II more than once over the years and don't recall ever seeing Old Crow in my area. My purchases were a result of being starved for XD given the lack of new releases. Good strategy, 21st!

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:17 am

Imagine that!! that strategy worked on me, too. Thats how I ended up with the smoke II, flying undertaker, and one of the Ph p-40s. I just kept walking past 'em for so damn long, I finally felt I had to buy them.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 am

Did a recon at a TRU in Castleberry last night.
Not much for 1/18th to report. A few planes, but about nothing for Armour other than a Quad halftrack :( Figures were also at a low with some BBI paras and only a handful of DAK MGers and 3 VN figures. But what really turned me off there was that some HUGE woman 3-400 lb.s plus was walking around with a couple kids in her cart yelling at them as they took toys off the shelf and threw them all over the floor :shock: I told the staff there, but they didn't do anything about it :( Guess I WON'T be going there anymore :evil: Da General

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 pm

General Blasto wrote:Did a recon at a TRU in Castleberry last night.
Not much for 1/18th to report. A few planes, but about nothing for Armour other than a Quad halftrack :( Figures were also at a low with some BBI paras and only a handful of DAK MGers and 3 VN figures. But what really turned me off there was that some HUGE woman 3-400 lb.s plus was walking around with a couple kids in her cart yelling at them as they took toys off the shelf and threw them all over the floor :shock: I told the staff there, but they didn't do anything about it :( Guess I WON'T be going there anymore :evil: Da General
That one never has anything new :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

Hayward, CA Tru has 3 George F-104's.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

DFW Update

Post by dandaman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Old series figures are showing up at my local TRUs.

I picked up a great looking German winter tank driver. His paint scheme is so much better than the original. There were also lots of BOTB GIs with new paint schemes. Cool looking, but not enough to make me buy them again.

The best find was a bunch of Otto Wilndorff figures. The SS camo paint pattern is nothing like what is depicted on the card backs. The one on the card backs looks dorky in my opinion, whereas the ones I picked up are closer to FOV style. I was examining the head sculpts of the various Wilndorffs and they look just different enough to be 3 different head sculpts. Maybe it is my imagination, or it's the paint job. I'm not sure. But they look different to me. One looks a little pudgy, the others have thinner-looking faces.

TRU is cool for restocking the old waves.

Stug45

Re: DFW Update

Post by Stug45 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:38 pm

dandaman wrote:Old series figures are showing up at my local TRUs.

I picked up a great looking German winter tank driver. His paint scheme is so much better than the original. There were also lots of BOTB GIs with new paint schemes. Cool looking, but not enough to make me buy them again.

The best find was a bunch of Otto Wilndorff figures. The SS camo paint pattern is nothing like what is depicted on the card backs. The one on the card backs looks dorky in my opinion, whereas the ones I picked up are closer to FOV style. I was examining the head sculpts of the various Wilndorffs and they look just different enough to be 3 different head sculpts. Maybe it is my imagination, or it's the paint job. I'm not sure. But they look different to me. One looks a little pudgy, the others have thinner-looking faces.

TRU is cool for restocking the old waves.
Saw them today picked up some ottos i just wish they were at kb for $3.33 :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Cold blast from the past...

Post by c44 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Found 1 Ardennes figure, didn't come up on computer so they used SKU number from a more recent fig, probably next week they'll show up in the inventory at a cheaper price... :)
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Finally found the AVG P-40s in the Special Edition boxes at the Clovis, Ca TRU :D Yes, I know they have been gathering dust everywhere else for months now, but I held off ordering one online and today got my pick of the litter. Nice to finally have a plane to use the old AVG pilot that came with my RAF P-40 in 2004 :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:52 pm

dandaman wrote:I picked up a great looking German winter tank driver. His paint scheme is so much better than the original. There were also lots of BOTB GIs with new paint schemes. Cool looking, but not enough to make me buy them again.

The best find was a bunch of Otto Wilndorff figures. The SS camo paint pattern is nothing like what is depicted on the card backs.
Dan, do you have any pictures of the tank driver or the wilndorff?

Were they one of these:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:26 pm

New Stuka Zu's and AVG P-40's have finally shown up at the local TRU.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by dandaman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:42 pm

grunt1 wrote:Dan, do you have any pictures of the tank driver or the wilndorff?
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures. But to answer your questions: yes on the first and third pictures. No on the second and fourth.

By the way, the fourth picture looks disturbing.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 pm

There were two or three XD Stukas (Junkers, not the halftrack :P) at my TRU today. Kinda odd since I haven't seen any XD aircraft at TRU in ages. I didn't pay much attention to them so I can't say which scheme they were. :P
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 am

I saw a freshly opened box of four Rudel stukas at TRU today. I selected the best of the four- and they were all very good- but did not purchase it; remembering to be half-ass aware of my financial situation- and having enough stukas already. It's only a matter of time (shortly) before I get I, what else would ya do?? 44.95 at TRU or 59.00, 69.00 on the web

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:34 am

I saw a freshly opened box of four Rudel stukas at TRU today. I selected the best of the four- and they were all very good- but did not purchase it; remembering to be half-ass aware of my financial situation- and having enough stukas already. It's only a matter of time (shortly) before I get I, what else would ya do?? 44.95 at TRU or 59.00, 69.00 on the web
LOL.

It's interesting that these Stukas are at Tru now. 21st is really doing a full warehouse dump I guess.

Thanks for the heads up.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 am

Well, if thats the case, then do you think both of 21sts 262s will begin to show up, too? I have the nightfighter, but not the green one. I would much rather pay 44.00 (maybe) than 69 plus freight with that concrete nose.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Well, if thats the case, then do you think both of 21sts 262s will begin to show up, too? I have the nightfighter, but not the green one. I would much rather pay 44.00 (maybe) than 69 plus freight with that concrete nose
I wish I had a crystal ball to answer that question. I would love it if that were the case.

I got a little worried today at my local Tru. All the XD was gone from the usual location. Fortunately it's all moved a few isles over, and I was heartened to notice that on the shelving planning sheets there was a location for 1:18 planes.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:08 pm

What'd we pay for the first stuka runs- 39.95 or 44-45.00 at TRU in 2000- 2001? Considering the current stuka is 44.95, you have to appreciate that, for what its worth.

They do screw you for every last cent on the 1/144 dogfight kit-8.50 or so.
stick with 1/18th or lose the shirt off your back with the 144th crackpipe.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 am

I'll have to keep an eye-out for the new Stukas... Not sure I'll ever see them any time soon, however, the AVG P-40s did eventually show up and have sold very well. Thus there is always a bit of hope, perhaps as the holiday season rolls around.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:40 am

$45 is a fair price for the stuka, no question. So if they have stuff selling at TRU and at Target, why are they in trouble financially? They also have online etailers as well. They must still be selling a decent amount of product with all that...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

21C

Post by digger » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 am

It appears the AC going to TRU has been and still is current stock. Basically the stuff already sitting in the warehouse that they sell to online retailers. It is not like TRU ordered 20K pieces of a new item.

Looks like this is really the end of the line....what I hope is they at least pump out another run of FJ figs or sell the molds to someone who will!

I'm starting to think that maybe they should have just stuck to Mustangs, Corsairs and 109s...one 1:18 release every year or two...and they'd be keeping on.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:37 am

My Toys R Us just got a new case of Old planes today 1 Starfighter (Smoke), 1 Mig and 2 P-51s (Old Crow & Flying Undertaker). I picked up the Undertaker as I missed on that one. I may go back and get the Old Crow, but I'd rather have the All OD BBI version if I can find one.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am

How about that? we got that same box at one of the TRUs; flying undertaker, nam 104, old crow, chinese mig 15..... Of course, there's that other TRU that put out 4 Rudel stukas-- so you never know-

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 pm

I may have to go on the hunt to several Toys R Us stores to find a P-40 and the Stuka. It was funny..because I was standing in front of the new section of the store that they moved all the 21st stuff to and i was staring at the empty shelf tags for the 1/18 planes when a clerk was going up and down the lanes with a large box looking for a place to put the planes. I said "excuse me ma'am I think I can help you with those"