POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Thanks C44!

The MiddleIsland Walmart is the one on Old Country Road right? :oops:

I was there last week,

I dont collect figures, but the only one I want, they didnt have :lol: :cry:
I am looking for Sgt. Rode

I wonder if LI will ever get the new Halftracks and Pak-40s, I also need an S3 Mig-15!

Where was the TOW Jeep?, I need one of those.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Let's do the time warp again...

Post by c44 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:34 pm

Yeah, the Middle Island Wal-Mart is on Middle Country Rd. a few miles east of Cty. Rd 83 (the Centereach WM is also on MC Rd., a few miles west of Nicholls Rd)...the TOW jeeps are at the Centereach WM, but the most BOB figures are at Mid Island...can't remember if they had any Rhodes, they did have a couple of the Pvt. Kendzai...and for some reason Zach the BAR guy is the least seen in these parts...I think we'll see the Migs & new vehicles eventually...but what about the Spring releases...where there's smoke, there's fire, and where there's no Smoke, there's no Flying Undertaker, & I ain't seen either (sorry for the feeble joke :? )...the restocks of older stuff is baffling, it's like we're going backwards in time...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 pm

To aferguson:

I had a chance to check out a Buffalo area WM today, the one on Transit Road, just east of the city. Nothing new - I was hoping for a PAK40. So I doubt theere's anything new in Niagara Falls NY, either.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:59 pm

bah...... :x

thanks for the update, though, always appreciated.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Let me just say I am soooo grateful for the board here. Hit a Walmart today - still no new XD stuff. And by new, I mean I still have not seen a MiG in the stores. Thankfully Kamikaze hooked me up, otherwise I would have gone nuts trying to get one. So, no MiGs, Sabres, PAKs, Hannos, nada. But, they seem to be restocking with the new 32X stuff. Would have really been a wasted trip if I didn't find the Endor Luke :wink:
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 am

Same as usual here. In all four local WMs there is maybe one jeep or vanilla Hanomag and a few Japanese figures. But tons of 32x armor and aircraft plus the smaller vehicles. :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Found newly stocked "Smoke II" F-104s and "The Flying Undertaker" P-51s at a Fresno Wal Mart. They were new to the particular store where I found them, but not new to my area as I found the repaints at another Fresno Wal Mart in July. This store also had the new 32x dogfight packs with the P-51 and ME-262.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:08 pm

WM IN McDonough GA had 2 of each new vehicle - the Pak-40s went first -I picked up one.
Picked up the Pioneerpanzerwagon last night - one left - still two regular tan hanomags, 1 m16 , and two stukahanomags in the ambush scheme.

Another WM had 4 Korean Migs 15 but no Sabres. I also found the Smoke II In a German 104 box - the orange box - is this the way they all look or should I have snatched that one fast.

I only had the money for the one Pioneerpanzerwagon!!!!!

:(
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:01 pm

Does Walmart use a monkey with a dart and a map of the US to determine which stores get shipments of the new toys? Really, truely, awful distribution system.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Rowdower, in the words of Borat, "WM has a good system, NOT!!"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:44 pm

Lol Borat is great! I'm just getting so frustrated, but I guess that's common among us XD freaks.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Does Walmart use a monkey with a dart and a map of the US to determine which stores get shipments of the new toys? Really, truely, awful distribution system.
You are assuming they have a system, at all..... :roll:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:29 pm

flayrah wrote:
You are assuming they have a system, at all..... :roll:
Yeah I hear you. I was giving them way to much credit with the monkey thing.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:13 pm

While I'm thinking of it, does anyone know if we will ever get a StuG? I'd love a StuG IV with the armor skirts! Or maybe a Priest? the 32x version is really nice.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:48 pm

I'm always wishing that some of the new 1/32nd armor will show up in the 1/18th world someday. Heck, I'm still waiting for the Jagdpanther in 1/18th. :x

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:04 pm

immeww2 wrote:I'm always wishing that some of the new 1/32nd armor will show up in the 1/18th world someday. Heck, I'm still waiting for the Jagdpanther in 1/18th. :x
Exactly, theres a lot of 32x I'd love to see in 1/18. While I'm at it, an M8 Greyhound would be pretty sweet as well. Or a German Puma armored car! :mrgreen:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:30 pm

When ever I think of the WM distribution system my mind always goes to that "cave man / FedEx commerical" I can just image that those cave man people are the ones running the show. I think it is frustrating to everyone! I still haven't seen a single MiG-15 or F-86F. The very few Avengers that did hit are now long gone with no restock! Weird... I sure hope that this xmas season shakes the fruit loose from the trees!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:55 am

tko211 wrote:When ever I think of the WM distribution system my mind always goes to that "cave man / FedEx commerical" I can just image that those cave man people are the ones running the show.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:21 pm

I just received my wc51and have to say i am extremely displeased.It looked great in the box but the moment i took it out i found a number of problems with it.my forward axle was broken in no fewer then six pieces and wasnt even attached to the truck :( .Two of the poles for the rear cage were broken,one of the gas can holders was broken hanging off and was broken,The rear axle was broken in 2 places and there is a piece that i cant even find where it goes.
I have waited quite some time to find this and the qualit of the product just wasnt worth the 30 dollars.I had passed up to of these before at walmart because the cages were completely broken off.I dont know if any one else has had any of these problems but i would have thought that a company that makes such an excellent looking product would also make it a better quality.Sorry for ranting just had to get that off my chest.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:46 pm

Sorry to hear about the sad condition of your truck. Probably took more hits in transit than it could handle. Those that I have, I bought off the WM shelves and they were intact.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:28 pm

yeah, it sounds like your truck ended up as target practice. I have a couple and mine were just fine. I would just return it and pick up another one down the road.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:23 am

Sorry about your WC51. More than a few of the ones I saw on the WM shelves were damaged. They seemed a bit fragile compared to other 21st toys.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:02 pm

The only WCs I ever saw had those same broken stakes in the back and one had a front wheel loose in the box. They were both in the Clearence section of WM.

Just like the only Avenger I ever saw was in clearence. It was missing the bomb bay doors, figures, torpedo and god knows what else was busted or missing. The plastic panel of the box was totally gone. Best part is they still wanted sixty bucks for it! :lol: The only time I see the good stuff around here it's always FUBAR. :lol:

BTW, I got my first 21st tank today, the winter Tiger. Very impressive, I think my BBI Sherman commander needs a new pair of 1:18 pants! :lol: