Any Regrets?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 am

i have the non rc apc in green i want to sell it on ebay ro make more room for wwii
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:32 am

About 4 years ago there was a Focke-Wulf on clearance for $12 at a local WalMart. Minor scratch on the fuselage, and badly damaged box, but otherwise looked to be intact. I can still see it clearly in my mind.

I picked it up to go pay for it, then changed my mind and put it back on the shelf. Reasons at the time? Didn't like the pilot figure, and had decided some time ago not to collect the FW 'cause I had one in 32X and did not want to duplicate.

What a bone-head! Now I think it would be nice to round out my XD collection with a FW, but I'm unwilling to pay the prices I've seen on ebay.
Life goes on....

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:42 pm

I have a very recent regret to add to amoungst all the past ones.

I regret not pouncing on the 21st ME-262 "Yellow 7" when they were available at the MonkeyD for a rediculous price. Now I'm kicking myself! :cry: :cry: :( :(
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:54 pm

I had every opportunity to purchase a P-47, one of my favorite A/C. Saw on the shelves every version, bubbletop and razorback. I didn't buy any because I wanted to wait for the bbi P-47 and compare the two. bbi never made their P-47 and now I have none.

(For those that don't remember, at a toy show many years ago bbi had what appeared to be a P-47 prototype on display.)

Also, on a business trip I found a stack of Hueys at a ToysrU, a year or so after they were sold out everywhere else. They were on topstock, I was running late, and I passed on them rather than taking the time to find someone to get them down for me.

Razor17019

Re: TRU Panthers

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:47 pm

TOOL wrote:Back in the early days I passed on a stack of First Series Panthers on clearance for $20. It still makes me sick to my stomach. I also passed on first series figures for .99 cents a piece aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
Actions like that may have your 1/18 XD license revoked!

We all make mistakes, but eh - live and learn!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 pm

I put a Panzer IV (Non-RC) on layaway a few years back, because, Walmart was clearencing out thier XD, and I wanted the best price. Of course, the price did not drop, and I did not think it was worth, full retail at the time, so I canceled the layaway. Now my German Army is Panzerless :(