POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:39 pm

I got ride of the box from the Abrams but I found this pic in the BBI section....
viewtopic.php?t=2712&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=900

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Nice looking Tiger I :)
Will have to get some of those green/brown camo units. The Shermans look nice too, both will work for me 8) Herr General

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:53 pm

normandy wrote:I got ride of the box from the Abrams but I found this pic in the BBI section....
viewtopic.php?t=2712&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=900
Outstanding! Thank you.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:03 am

I was told that for Target to get new stock of FOV 1:18 they have to sell what they have left before ordering a new shipment,, I could not get the information on what “stock level" they will reorder at

We may have to wait untill the remainder of the modern stuff is sold. :roll:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:10 am

Hmmm, Target seems to have alot of the modern stuff on the shelves here and the bleeding hearted liberal parents ain't going to buy "War" stuff for their kiddy's for X-mas, so that's why trees are sellin' fast at nurseries around here and their buyin' 'em, so their kids can have a tree to hug later in life :twisted: :lol: Da General

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:34 am

Pretty much all major retailers work on electronic "rolling inventory" systems where product is automatically re-ordered and distributed to stores... There's technically no "ordering" done. That's why it's pretty pointless to ask people at the stores if they know this or that about the line...

WM employees, Target employees, TRU employees... They're clueless about what's coming, what's going, what is discontinued, when new stuff will ship, etc.

The only people who have a clue are purchasers at the corporate level... They're not the kinda people you see in the store though. And even then, they cannot generally tell you specific dates, numbers and such off the top of their head.

All product at Target have numbers called DPCI's that are applied to the specific product... The same DPCI may apply to the WW2 tanks as to the modern tanks, just different assortment numbers, and so the modern stuff's sell-through rate determines when WW2 stuff's going to ship as it may be the 2nd assortment...

Another example as an analogy would be the $20 pricerange Star Wars vehicles... They had a 1st assortment for the 2007 DPCI #... It maybe included 3 distinct ships. The 2nd assortment has the SAME DPCI #, but includes 2 new ships and 1 from the first assortment... And so on and so forth.

I'm not saying that is for certain how the FOV stuff works, I don't know the DPCI numbers for FOV, but it's entirely possible as it cuts down confusion and it's possibly considered just one large line. Likewise, the WW2 figures could be on the same DPCI as the modern figures, and thus WW2 figures won't be ordered for any given store till the sell-through of modern figures hits the right number.

This is how it works with anything from soap, to t-shirts, to chocolate, and of course to action figures.

The same deal applies at TRU and Wal-Mart...

I worked for Penney's right out of college actually, and they're one of the few companies (many large department store retailers like Penney's, Macy's, etc., do this) that still utilize and in-store merchandiser. They're part of the store's management overall, but they have some merchandising duties where they do specific orders. Not all product in the store is ordered like this though, as certain things (Levi Jeans for instance) are kept in a rolling electronic inventory system because they're something always kept on-hand in a variety of styles/sizes.

However, a Liz Clairborne line of shirts or suits is something a merchandiser in the store may order a specific number of, or CK jeans or some such. That's to keep a tighter control/management of items that aren't really "classics" and fall under the "trendy" umbrella...

At one time someone in-store did all the ordering, and "inventory" was a huge thing after the holidays... remember those times? Stores were bare after the holidays, and sometimes even closed down for a week or so while the store did inventory. It's way different now though, and of course not many stores "close" to do their inventory. ;)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:16 pm

i saw some Tiger tanks...

but i don't collect them. just letting you guys know we got `em here in this side of the planet.

Edit:

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Wow, thanks for the post. They were 1:18 FoV Tigers right and were the Shermans or new figures there as well?

Oh and can you post a picture? :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:31 pm

My buddy's gonna try purchasing the Tiger by him and posting a photo of it and the box details tomorrow or so.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:14 am

here are the pics:

ImageImageImage

so i guess one of my Target just got it very recently?

DCPI: 087-06-1861 (for this guy)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 am

Thats in California?? I'm going to have to go hunting now! At least two of the Targets in my area do not have them in as of yet, but thats not saying much. Still, I'm not sure if I would go for it... The zimmermitt paste detail looks pretty good, as does the paint apps, but there doesn't seem to be much weathering, and very little functionality (but then we suspected that didn't we?) The 21c Tiger, which will be a six-year-old design in 2008, still tops out in my opinion.

Nevertheless, thanks for putting our desires at ease by posting the pics :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

cool

Post by digger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:12 am

Thanks for the pics. Great recon.
I have to say, it looks awful compared to the M1 & M2. While the modern vehicles had great weathering and didn't look too toy-like, this thing looks like a heap of plastic. :?

I hope the WWII figs don't follow this lead...any chance you got a pic of the back of the box? :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 am

If all it's gonna need is dirtied up, I can't complain too much. I'm anxious for side-by-side comparisons with the 21st Tiger. The Zimmerit is enough reason for me to want it actually, as 21st's is lacking this, but even the paintjob's inaccurate according to my buddy, so that sorta sucks.

Maybe it's possible to doll it up without much effort though...

Either way, I'm more anxious about the figures, and thus more concerned on them. The price on this Tiger makes it worth it to me. $50 or $30... $30 means I can afford one lacking some details I'd otherwise expect at $50. ;)

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:34 am

Indeed, I must say it's a nice looking tank 8)
Wonder if both paint schemes will be out at the same time :?: I prefer the one with the tri-color because I don't do DAK. Funny I don't with all the sand we have down here at the beach :roll: Da General

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:18 am

If all it's gonna need is dirtied up, I can't complain too much. I'm anxious for side-by-side comparisons with the 21st Tiger. The Zimmerit is enough reason for me to want it actually, as 21st's is lacking this

I agree. Weathering and detailing should be no big deal and it opens up many possibilities to customize the Tiger to your individual needs. The Zimmerit looks great in the pics too.
the paintjob's inaccurate according to my buddy,
In what way...?? One thing people need to remember is that there was really no "standard" camouflage scheme for tanks in the German Army, especially from about 1943 onwards the crews used whatever was available at the time, and the results varied greatly from one unit to the next. That camo scheme on the FOV Tiger could possibly be representative of something seen on the Eastern Front. What's interesting, and perhaps a bit confusing, is that the pics on the back of the FOV Abrams box show the Tiger I in a two tone earth brown/forest green on base yellow type camo scheme, as well as a "DAK style" sand yellow scheme, the DAK scheme probably would be innaccurate since I don't believe Zimmerit was in use in North Africa. Possibly the Tiger pics on the Abrams box were prototypes and not indicative of production models?? Nice pics, thanks for posting these.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:26 am

i quite like it.....nice to FINALLY have a german vehicle with zimmerit on it.....something the vast majority of german armour was seen with during the war. And the markings over top of the zimmerit look very good....and no more dorky numbers on the barrel, which was very obscure.

A bit of weathering, some dust over time ( :wink: ) and it will look great.

Keep em coming FOV.....you're doing great!

Thanks for the great pics topnotch97.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:03 am

Thanks Topnotch! Yes, the back of the box apparently has images of the figures so I'm chompin at the bit to see that.. :D

Very cool.. I plan to shave off the zimmerit and use it on one of my panthers.

Gotcha! j/k ;)

Oh yeah, and rock on FoV!
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 am

i was just thinking, whilst in the shower, the fact that these are showing up now and not in the spring, as the Panache rep said, maybe he was thinking of/referring to the NEXT wave of 1/18 FOV armour? Slurp.

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:37 am

I will be buying one and reworking it for sure…as is, it appears to be much better in overall accuracy than the 21 Century Tiger…the tracks for one example seem to be the right width as opposed to the skinny tracks and the zimmeritt for sure… The thing that bugs me though is the MG rail is all molded in and just a blob as well as the grates on the rear…all molded. Needs some work, but when all is said and done, it should shape up much better that the old 21st Century Tiger.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

digger

Tiger

Post by digger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:41 am

Hope you're right on that Andrew.

As for just a bit of weathering or just "dirtying it up" I learned a long time ago that it is easier said than done in this scale. Washes work wonders in small scales but are very tricky at this size. If you can do what BillGiff did to his bbi M1, you will be in good shape, but anything less and your Tiger will be lacking I'm afraid.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 am

was just thinking, whilst in the shower,
You think in the shower...?? on most days I get up and shower at 4:30 am, and at that unholy hour I can scarcely remember that I'm even a human being, never mind think...LOLLL!! :lol:

But seriously, I hope you are right about the "next wave" thing. One thing that concerns me is the idea of "sell down" at individual Target stores that someone mentioned. My Target store has a rather large stock of the Abrams and Bradley, plus the Army/Marines figures, so if the appearance of the WWII stuff is tied to sell down of the modern stuff, it could be some time before my local store gets the Tiger and /or Sherman on the shelves, DRAT!! :cry:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:59 am

As far as the tiggers getting over here .... :roll: It could be awhile, usually is as we are the last to see everything :( Perhaps it may be different this time. All I can do is wait or beg that someone will kindly get one and sell it to me. Hint, hint I do paypal very well as my profile indicates ;) But oh well, some day, some time, I'll see the kittys here :) I'll just have to put target on my list everyday to pop in and check :twisted: Da General

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:08 am

there are pictures of the figures on the back of the Tiger's box in the 'new FOV?' thread.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am

WOW! Big surprise and an early Xmas gift from FOV. Wasn't expecting to see these guys till next year. :D :D

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 pm

hey guys,
i'll probably do some recon on those WWII line. even though i'm more in the modern line.

i'll keep an eye on the sherman and figs also.

and also, the DCPI for the sherman and figs will be sequential. so if you guys are doing availability check at your local Target, the employees will thank you for just handing out the DCPI. :lol:

DCPI's would be 087-06-1861, -1862, -1863

i'll post when or where i'll see these guys. ok? :D