Bored with the hunt...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Excellent point. I too have gone to just shopping online. We may pay more, but it beats the time and gas wasted.
I feel better supporting online stores anyways. I get the package in a few days and I don't have to worry about the crowds in the stores.

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Anyone know if you can raid.. ahem.. I mean shop at those giant distribution centers?

Muuu ha.. Muuuuu ha.. Muhahahaha..... :twisted:

And talk about a target rich environment! :shock:

Last edited by grunt1 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Lucky for me - I can leave work and take different routes home. On the way I can hit different WM's depending onn the directions. What drives me mad though are the 10 and 12 o'clock times when there is one open lane and 30 -40 people in line -

In fact last night I was in line with three ladies in front of me the time WAS 10:24 when I was told the line was closed. I said all I have is one item and I have been in line this whole time. (The light was still on) - WM employee lady said I'm sorry but I get off right now and they are already gonna yell at me for being a minute late. I looked at my watch and said you get off work at 10:23? She just said sorry the lane is closed. I handed her the XD and walked out.

I don't know why I just shared that - but I love the hunt -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:29 am

I am not so much bored of the hunt, I am just tired of the gas expenses.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:21 am

I heard someone say "never again" :roll:
Had that feeling too, but always able to head out on the hunt myself. Problem is, the un hit WMs are getting further and further away :shock: I did a little drive about 50 miles north of here to Deltona/Deland area and came home with about 8 troops including a hard to find BOB figure. So other than Daytona Beach down to Titusville then on the other coast, Tampa and other costal towns, I've covered about all of central FL :?

After Christmas season, most WMs say they will be restocking in Jan./Feb. for the figures. Perhaps then I will see more new repaints :) Herr General

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 am

STUKA wrote:Lucky for me - I can leave work and take different routes home. On the way I can hit different WM's depending onn the directions. What drives me mad though are the 10 and 12 o'clock times when there is one open lane and 30 -40 people in line -

In fact last night I was in line with three ladies in front of me the time WAS 10:24 when I was told the line was closed. I said all I have is one item and I have been in line this whole time. (The light was still on) - WM employee lady said I'm sorry but I get off right now and they are already gonna yell at me for being a minute late. I looked at my watch and said you get off work at 10:23? She just said sorry the lane is closed. I handed her the XD and walked out.

I don't know why I just shared that - but I love the hunt -
Next time that happens at a Walmart, demand a manager to ring you up or tell them you'll call the corporate office. They'll change their tune real quick because it happened to me. I still called the office and reported that I had to resort to "tattling" and they assured me that it would never happen again at that store. :lol:

Jeff

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 pm

Yeah right...you know that when you walk in and see a new plane or tank that you dont have, you get the fever. Its ok, just go with your feelings. We need to have an intervention!