Whats going on with 21st b-25?????

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:29 pm

I don't understand something. Why do they announce a model, and then never make it? What if every business worked that way? Why don't they announce a model when it is about to go into production. I have not been on this forum long, but I can see the skeptics all over. And with projects like the B-25, I can see why we would become skeptics. :oops:

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:31 pm

Hell, at this rate with the dollar, you're going to be getting a better deal than we Yanks do, Aferg! Last week was the first time in alnost 30 years that I tranferred money to my Canadian account and ended up with a lower amount than my USD balance! Factor in that a friend from Germany was here in August and she was blown away by how expensive everything at the grocery store was compared to Germany (thanks to the Euro/dollar rate, which has gotten worse since then). How things change!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Ethanol is one of the reason we can thank for the high gas prices,,,and guess what ,,,,I live in south Dakota one of the biggest ethanol producers in the country….and you know what we don’t get any discounts on gas and the food here is higher then a kite…..to make matters worse the jobs here are low paying….
byt now they are saying that there is going to be a ethanol bust and the prices of corn will come down...but you know what we will see that matbe by the end of next year.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:44 pm

i think that 21c's reason for announcing the b-25 was two fold. They took a lot of flak for announcing their F-4 right after Admiral, so they were throwing the fans a bone of something exciting to distract them a bit. And secondly, they may have felt that AT may be going to do a B-25 at some point, so rather than be second again when they announce theirs, they did a pre-emptive announcement.

I have no doubt they intended to make one......i just think that it is getting increasingly unlikely.

TKO has been telling us all year how busy and hard at work everyone is at 21c, yet we've seen way less product this year than we have in i think any previous year. So, something is up, i feel.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:09 pm

I have real doubts that our market can support two competing B-25's. Not just a different paint job, two, AT and 21C. They will both loose.

Sure it will be expensive but the size alone will reduce sales while the mere fact that we're talking about a B-25...will draw alot of people to the XD. It can be a super win if they do not have a hissy fight and both bring one out.....a big win for everybody would be if, say AT didn't try for a B-25 but went with......A German twin, or a Mosquito, or a P-61 Black Widow....or....or..or :P

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:16 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:I have real doubts that our market can support two competing B-25's. Not just a different paint job, two, AT and 21C. They will both loose.

Sure it will be expensive but the size alone will reduce sales while the mere fact that we're talking about a B-25...will draw alot of people to the XD. It can be a super win if they do not have a hissy fight and both bring one out.....a big win for everybody would be if, say AT didn't try for a B-25 but went with......A German twin, or a Mosquito, or a P-61 Black Widow....or....or..or :P

TTT
I agree 100%. It would be real nice to see 21c's Mitchell along with Admiral's or BBI''s anything else.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 pm

I predict a 2010 Olympic release... A special b-25 with the olympic rings on it. :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:52 pm

Jason did say they where thinking about makeing a b-25, but since 21st made the Announcement this past year Admiral toys said they where no longer interested in making one, at that point Jason said they had not invested a lot of money into the project. SO I think we will only see one from 21st we can forget about bbi on ever making a large wwii twin engine bird.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:04 pm

i think the next company that makes a new plane, should just shut up about it, untill the first thread pops up...

" OMG i found teh 1:18th Tomcat by Admiral today!"

and then Jason can reply " oh yeah.. by the way, we made one."

but seeing how Admiral doesnt have a big mouth, maybe its 21st who should try that.

eh?
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:i think the next company that makes a new plane, should just shut up about it, untill the first thread pops up...

but seeing how Admiral doesnt have a big mouth, maybe its 21st who should try that.

eh?

>>> ROTFLMAO ! * :lol:

v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:i think the next company that makes a new plane, should just shut up about it, untill the first thread pops up...

eh?
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 pm

What kind of problems other then “economic” do you think 21st will have to address on a 1:18th b-25?

By the way I think we should have a sub folder on this forum to keep track of all the products in development, each product like the b-25 will have it’s own thread, in that thread we could discuss the item, once that item is at the retailers the thread can be closed. I thought we could use a thread like that to keep track of all the new products that are being devolved

1/18th B-25 from 21st date announced ******
1/18th F-4 from 21st date announced *****
1/18th mig 21 from 21st date announced *****
1/18th king tiger from 21st date announced ****
1/18th ME-262 night fighter from 21st date announced ****
1/18 platoon figures from 21st date announced *****
1/18th 88 flack gun from 21st date announced *****
1/18th SBD dauntless from Admiral toys date announced
And so on.
Plus every time there has been some short of an update there can be a date added like
1/18th B-25 from 21st date announced **** update 10/10/2007

**** Is just a generic date

The best thing is we can keep all the discussions about all the new and up coming items in one neat little area. And once the item has been shipped and a time has been given as to when we can expect to see them at our favorite retailer we can close the thread with a mission accomplish, and open a new one in the general 1/18 area of the site, like the sticky 21st me-262 threa, or the bbi hellcat thread.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 am

I don't get it... where on BadCat's site did it say the B-25 is coming out in a few months? Perhaps I'm not reading carefully enough...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:36 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I don't get it... where on BadCat's site did it say the B-25 is coming out in a few months? Perhaps I'm not reading carefully enough...

It was just a joke, if you read the bottem of his post you will see.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:41 am

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 am

Jason, I like your style.
Todd

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:11 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Thanks :D
8)

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 pm

No they are making the little unknown WW2 variant of the B-25. The first ever stealth bomber . The good news is its all ready out! Bad news is its so good you cant see it on the shelf! :wink:
Could not think of anything to put here.

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:02 am

aferguson wrote:i think that 21c's reason for announcing the b-25 was two fold. They took a lot of flak for announcing their F-4 right after Admiral, so they were throwing the fans a bone of something exciting to distract them a bit. And secondly, they may have felt that AT may be going to do a B-25 at some point, so rather than be second again when they announce theirs, they did a pre-emptive announcement.

I have no doubt they intended to make one......i just think that it is getting increasingly unlikely.

TKO has been telling us all year how busy and hard at work everyone is at 21c, yet we've seen way less product this year than we have in i think any previous year. So, something is up, i feel.
I'm wth you something is definetly up or wrong at 21C. All of these new products that have supposidly came out and are "on the shelves as we speak" Haven't seen the first one. Just like all of the information 21C was supposed to unvail awhile back. Whose yankin whose chain, 21C and TKO or TKO and us? It seems like 21C likes to put out mis-information or no information to keep us confused. My moneys on AT.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 pm

I doubt that Zach aka tko or 21st is doing this on purpose, lets not jump to conclusions here. lets give them some wiggle room. :wink:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:33 pm

NO kidding--TKO is a fan helper, not a 21st staffer. So, cut the man some slack. 21st authority is who can settle the issue.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:55 pm

You won't get any arguments from me on the B-25! I have been wanting one and pushing for one for years! I sometimes wonder if 21st announced it just to shut me up. -LOL

I think it is like some of the other projects... It's slowed down some. Obviously it won't be out this year (even if AT announced one in Dec. :D ). I don't know the plans yet for 2008. Right now all the focus is on the rest of 07. Items like the King Tiger, Flak 88, 262 Nightfighter, Platoon, and a few other things are top priority all of those projects are still scheduled for 07. I think these will keep 21st and everyone else busy through the fall.

Jan / Feb should start to reveal the other future projects. Till then...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:24 pm

tko211 wrote: Jan / Feb should start to reveal the other future projects. Till then...
I hope the F-4, Mig-21 come out next year.....I want those made as badly as the b-25.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 pm

I had my hopes up! :o At least we'll see the 88 soon I hope! 8)

Jeff