PTE arrivals at Big Lots

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:07 pm

Hey guys i was just wanting to know if the pte bridge would be worth getting to use with my 1/18 guys. Ive seen it but i don't know if it would be worth getting :wink:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:26 pm

I recommend it... I've got, currently, a Hanomag escaping the allied advance on it with some Germans running around and one dead on the other side... Temporary till I get my shelving built, which is taking forever, but I'm gonna get hopefully 3 bridges over the next couple months.

Really nice work on the bridge I think... The towers are outstanding as well. Really though PTE stuff in general is pretty good. I find some of the vehicles to be good custom fodder for Star Wars too, so I've found uses for even some of the smaller/underscaled items.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:53 am

Now that you guys got me hooked on the PTE stuff - the accessories at least - I've discovered that there's a bunch more Big Lots stores in my area. I went to another today and found the Howitzer, Navy Patrol Boat and a bunch of the Camel & Horse sets. The camel itself is pretty cool, and will look perfect with my 21c "Eastern Warrior" figures. I also picked up the Navy Patrol boat. The boat seems a little underscale and needs a little work, but the BBI SEAL figures go with it quite well.

Given that most of the smaller sets cost anywhere between $2.50 and $12.50, the accessories alone are worth the price :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:46 pm

I checked the Big Lots store today and found quite a lot of the PTE items. No bridge though.

Coreyeagle48

pte bridges

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 am

If anyone needs a pte bridge

There were still two at my Big Lots location, but it is a little far to drive. I would be more than happy to pick these up for people (if they still have them) for the purchase price and shipping and just a little bit for my time.

PM me if anyone needs them. The store is not on one of my direct routes, but I will stop if people need the bridges.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:48 am

immeww2 wrote:I checked the Big Lots store today and found quite a lot of the PTE items. No bridge though.
Same here a little ways south of you. None of my local Big Lots have the bridge set, but they do have the A-10 which some on the eastern end of the country haven't found - and the Bridge was what I wanted in the first place!!

I'm getting one from a fellow boardmember, however :wink:

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Checked out two of our local Big Lots this week. Between the two stores they have all of the new items. A few comments -

The A-10 is tempting, and I'm thinking about. Despite being overyly toyish to me, it also may be the closest thing we'll ever have to a semi-large-scale A-10. Tweaked a bit, it might be fun just to have.

The black Patrol Boat made me wonder if the MG mounted on the front could be taken off and used to fix up the 21C Huey helicopter (get one for each side) or the bbi Black Hawk.

The Command Post is interesting but the 21 buildings from a few years ago blow it away.

The set with the Bridge was a winner for $20. Got one just for the bridge itself, which I can see multiple used for. It was the only item I walked out with.
Last edited by Tinman on Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:49 pm

A couple little reasons why PTE products just became alot more appealing to me 8)

One has got to love what PTE makes and the other big companies do not :wink:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Great pics!, tmanthegreat!!!
Wait'll you get your hands on the Swat set with the German Shepard!!
PTE is making some GREAT sets that are underrated!!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 am

Great pics tmanthegreat :D

For all UK collectors check out any Toymaster that you have close to you i found a load of stuff on saturday. There were a load of figure sets,blackhawks, tanks, SEAL boats, the only new thing i saw was the A-10! Looks like a really nice piece! :D
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:53 am

holensock wrote:Great pics!, tmanthegreat!!!
Wait'll you get your hands on the Swat set with the German Shepard!!
PTE is making some GREAT sets that are underrated!!
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there's acually two different versions of the swat dog in the sets. I got the one with the more calm looking dog, however I'll probally try and get the other set so as to have both shepard versions. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:19 am

Thanks for the heads up, tosborne3! I bought 4 sets with the Swat dog and all has his tongue hanging out. That's all this BL's had. The hunt continues...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Is ANYBODY finding the small single-figure-sets that have sections of walls (SWAT/Fire-Rescue)? Especially the fire set with the ladder, but honestly any of it would be nice...

I can get bridges, humvee's, A-10's, playsets, towers, 3-packs (SWAT, Fire, Military), boats, Buggies, and Littlebirds... I cannot get any of the smaller sets though like the wall pieces and the bunkbeds/tents.

I'd actually like to get:

-Bunkbed/Footlocker
-Full Tent Set
-Wall pieces w/figure (Especially the fireman's ladder set!!!!)

BTW I've seen both german shepards I think, so I'll look and see if I was just seeing things in the SWAT 3-packs or what.

Got a fireman set tonight, and I gotta say the figures are a better quality IMO with these guys. Wish all of 'em were like this actually.

Holensock, got ya more figures by the way. ;)
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:16 am

Thanks, Jesse!
I'll keep my eyes open for those sets you're looking for. Wonder if the bunk bed, tent sets will be rereleased this year?
Still haven't seen the firemen sets and the Swat set I got with the dog, I found at a BL's about an hour away from Cleveland and those were the only Swat sets they had. Maybe BL's is displaying PTE a bit slower this year as they were all sold out by the middle or end of Sept last year as I remember. And by Christmas, there was NOTHING!

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Jesse James wrote:Is ANYBODY finding...

I'd actually like to get:

-Bunkbed/Footlocker
-Full Tent Set
-Wall pieces w/figure (Especially the fireman's ladder set!!!!)
Just in case you weren't aware, Marauder Inc carries quite a bit of the PTE pieces now including:

bunkbed: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=129

footlocker: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=132

extending ladder: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=145

All very worthy additions in my opinion!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks, parrish333! I forgot about Marauder!!

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:01 pm

I stopped at Big Lots in Madisonville KY last night. They had everything on their shelves.

BTW, if anyone wants to get rid of their oil drums or wood crates from their PTE sets I'd be interested. :wink:

Thanks, Kevin.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:06 pm

I was hoping to get them in the sets since it's ultimately cheaper is all...

If anyone can get ahold of the wall sets and the other thigns I listed, I'd love to nab a couple off you... Or if anyone just doesn't want the wall pieces, ladder, etc., I'd gladly buy it off you.

Holensock, thanks man... Lemme know if you find anything, please. Those are the only things my area didn't get in.

On my next pay I'm hoping to get a few Abrams to hack up for SW tanks and some other stuff, but for the most part I'm done buying PTE this year unless someone is able to find me those small sets.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:19 am

Just by chance I came across another Big Lots which I didn't know about so I went in and found alot of the PTE stuff. No bridge, however, but they did have a lot of the single accessories like the camels, horses, campfire and SWAT and fireman figures. I picked up the SWAT figures for the dog and accessories.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:46 am

I have PTE figs from my bridge set and some other sets that I don't want.
Anyone up for a trade for them?
(Aferg- I know this is not the trade section- but it is related to PTE, so please don't beat me with you bad ol' moderator stick :cry: )
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:17 pm

Most of the stuff has shown up around here so far, and I have grabbed the items I wanted that I could find (watch tower, A-10, and howitzer). I am still looking for a bridge set and the zodiac/patrol boat. If anyone still can find either in their AO, let me know.

I must admit, so far, the stuff I have found is not bad, even if it is out of scale. The A-10 is rather over-simplified, but for $30, and being the largest relatively accurate version so far, I can't complain. (Almost) any Warthog in a storm.
And I don't know how far off scale the howitzer is, but it is still pretty large. The biggest complaint I have about it is that the stablizer arms are not separate or movable. I may have to see if I can trim them off and reinstall them in a functional manner. A little weathering and detail work, though, and it won't be bad.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Man, could you imagine if PTE made ww2 stuff? WOW! wouldn't that be interesting. Sure the figs and their equipment would be way over/under scale, but think of all the customs we could make from those. Especilly the playsets. :shock: They already have a bunch af cool stuff out right now. I guess if they made stuff from ww2, the figs would look like the ones that intoyz made a few years back. I picked up a couple of those back in the day, but 21st had a lot of stuff avalible at that time in tru, so I passed on the $7.99 pricetags. Oh well, just dreaming again. :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:44 pm

FieroDude wrote:The A-10 is rather over-simplified, but for $30, and being the largest relatively accurate version so far, I can't complain. (Almost) any Warthog in a storm.
I agree, I'll probally get one of these later on and paint it black, then slap some red cobra symbols on it for my gijoe troops to have something to fear. :twisted: :D

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 am

any latest intel if PTE will be available again this year?

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 am

Nothing here in Strongsville, Ohio.
Thanks for 'reposting' this! According to the dates from last year, PTE should be popping up in Big Lots any day now...I hope!