A-10 PTE/Elite Operations at TRU

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:06 pm

thankee

:)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I think Big Lots carries these under their World Peacekeepers brand name during the holidays. If not, it may have been discontinued for the F-22 currently at stores. Keep hunting.
Best,
-Paul

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 pm

....so is this thing actually smaller than 1/18 OVERALL, or is it smaller because they've shortened the fuselage (like their blackhawk). What I'm getting at is - could it be made to the correct scale by just chopping the fuselage and adding more length? (would probably need new wings altogether)
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm

As best I can measure it out, it's pretty consistent as far as proportions go, except an oversized canopy to accommodate the 3-3/4" figure. But the actual scale based on aferg's calculations, is about 1:27. So stretching the fuselage and even the wings wouldn't help. The one other kind of blatant issue is the hollow wing bottoms. Some people have made covers or filled them in, to make it look more realistic. I have one (unmodified) and like it, but simply because I am an A-10 fanatic and it's the closest I have been able to get for a reasonable price. For $30, it's decent enough. If someone tried passing it off as 1:18 for $150, I'd laugh in their face. Hope that helps...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm

FieroDude wrote:As best I can measure it out, it's pretty consistent as far as proportions go, except an oversized canopy to accommodate the 3-3/4" figure. But the actual scale based on aferg's calculations, is about 1:27. So stretching the fuselage and even the wings wouldn't help. The one other kind of blatant issue is the hollow wing bottoms. Some people have made covers or filled them in, to make it look more realistic. I have one (unmodified) and like it, but simply because I am an A-10 fanatic and it's the closest I have been able to get for a reasonable price. For $30, it's decent enough. If someone tried passing it off as 1:18 for $150, I'd laugh in their face. Hope that helps...
FieroDude I have a 1/18th A-10 PTE/Elite for sale..... 200 dollars for you. Very rare.

J/K :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 am

[quote="Jolly Roger"]lol heres the pics i took, that i guess you guys dont even read the posts other put up lol.

i feel unloved :( :P

NO WAY!!!
I READ 'EM!!!
Your PTE posts are LOVED by me!!!! Keep them coming!!!!! :D

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 pm

VMF115 wrote:
FieroDude wrote:As best I can measure it out, it's pretty consistent as far as proportions go, except an oversized canopy to accommodate the 3-3/4" figure. But the actual scale based on aferg's calculations, is about 1:27. So stretching the fuselage and even the wings wouldn't help. The one other kind of blatant issue is the hollow wing bottoms. Some people have made covers or filled them in, to make it look more realistic. I have one (unmodified) and like it, but simply because I am an A-10 fanatic and it's the closest I have been able to get for a reasonable price. For $30, it's decent enough. If someone tried passing it off as 1:18 for $150, I'd laugh in their face. Hope that helps...
FieroDude I have a 1/18th A-10 PTE/Elite for sale..... 200 dollars for you. Very rare.

J/K :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993