The Best 1/18th Aircraft So Far.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

well

Post by digger » Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 am

I know the Hellcat is a lot of people's wish list but something tells me it is not going to give the Corsair a run for its money. The Corsair is just too popular - there is a reason we got 12 of those before one Hellcat. With no special new features the Hellcat should be nice but I'm not expecting groundbreaking like the SBD or A-1.

What's funny is bbi has worked on the Hellcat for longer than Grumman did the actual plane. :lol:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: well

Post by MightyMustang » Fri May 25, 2007 7:39 am

digger wrote:I know the Hellcat is a lot of people's wish list but something tells me it is not going to give the Corsair a run for its money. The Corsair is just too popular - there is a reason we got 12 of those before one Hellcat. With no special new features the Hellcat should be nice but I'm not expecting groundbreaking like the SBD or A-1.

What's funny is bbi has worked on the Hellcat for longer than Grumman did the actual plane. :lol:

LOL. This is true digger. Its has taken BBI longer to work on the F6F then Grumman. For me the Hellcat will give the F4U a run for its money ONLY because its a Hellcat. The Hellcat next to the Mustang is my all time favorite fight plane of WW 2.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Best yet?

Post by jhogan » Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 am

To me the best yet is the Avenger. When I walk into my room, it is the first to catch my eye. I also like the "Herman Graf" 109.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Best yet?

Post by MightyMustang » Fri May 25, 2007 8:57 am

jhogan wrote:To me the best yet is the Avenger. When I walk into my room, it is the first to catch my eye. I also like the "Herman Graf" 109.

I would have picked the Avenger but theres paint problems and the wings sag which really irritates the hell out of me. So she sits with wings folded. On top of that my Avenger seems very brittile. Meaning it seems like it could break very easily.

:shock:
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri May 25, 2007 9:52 am

FOr now I like the ME 109 Spinach or Winter. Future the Hellcat or Dauntless

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:25 pm

I only have a few and I don't even keep up with the brand or markings:

P40

Corsair

Zero

Mustang

Spitfire

FW-190 D-9

ME-262

When I look at them I see things in just about each one that appeals to me. About the only ones I have no interest in are the P40 and FW-190 D9. I wish someone would come out with a FW-190 A4 or A8, much nicer looking aircraft IMO.

The Zero is a simple, clean looking design. The Mustang has the looks of an agile prize fighter, the Corsair is a bit of a bruiser, the Spitfire is elegant, and the ME-262's shark body looks menacing.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Fri May 25, 2007 5:27 pm

The D-Day P-38 is the best so far.

Cal Cutie looks like it might be close.

Kevin.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Favorite

Post by der Vogelfänger » Fri May 25, 2007 6:31 pm

Sadly, it seems that my favorite is the one I do not have yet....plotting, planning, dreaming of getting my (next) favorite :oops:

But, thus far my favorite 1/18 is my 21C F-104 Marineflieger, and the bbi Hurry Home Honey P-51D. (1/32: without a doubt the Otto Schultz Bf-109).

dV

My dream is the Hartmann CL-13 from Jason/AT!!!!
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

jfloresc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jfloresc » Sat May 26, 2007 12:32 am

Hi guys. Great topic. As for my favorite plane it has to be the original Greeen Stuka. It was my very first 1:18th scale plane and has displayed nicely in my glass shelf. The detail and size has always impressed me. It has remained intact despite the abuse and time I have owned it. :P And of course my other favorites would be the Corsair, Mustang and Spitfire. 8)[/img]

wreckchaser
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wreckchaser » Sat May 26, 2007 3:57 am

I would have to say that the 21C F-86 and Mig-15 are my Fav at this time, but I have high hopes they will be out done by the F-4 and A-1 if I live long enough to see them :roll:
In Memory Of
Capt. Doug Martin and Capt. Sam James USAF
4-18-73 Cambodia, F-4E 67-0281

Lt. Robbie Helton USMC VMA-223
10-29-85 Spartanburg S.C.
A-4M (Buno) 160242

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat May 26, 2007 6:29 am

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

After careful delberation and realizing that I can't pick a single favorite, but several, each for different reasons:

As an overall favorite, probably my AT Me-262. Build and paint quality are excellent, and the attention to details and moving surfaces is great.

But then there is the best looking paint scheme, which is my Seeman Bf-109G6.

For "coolness factor", it's a 3-way tie between the bbi Marines Dream Corsair, Haleakala II P-38, and my S1 Stuka. All three tend to draw the eye and stand out out from the crowd.

And when it comes to the "jet age" (post WWII), the bbi F-16 wins hands down, even if it has no moving control surfaces and is a little out of scale. It just looks wicked hanging, and visually overpowers the F-18 and Marinenflieger F-104 hanging next to it.

Of course, the Dauntless and F-4 could shift this whole list down a notch.
Last edited by FieroDude on Sat May 26, 2007 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat May 26, 2007 6:35 am

S1 Stuka does it for me. Very well-done.