BBI Sherman $19.98 at TRU

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Looks like Google Ckout acknowledged the $10.00 discount

Post by nfafan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:17 am

Got an e-mail from Google Ckout indicating they took off the $10.00, and it specifically states that this discount may not appear in company emails.

Given that Google Ckout "front ended" the TRU transaction, TRU would not know of this discount and so TRU showed the full amount of bill in their e-mail.

Next is to verify with credit card that the Google Ckout e-mail is correct, and all will be well.

nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looks like Google Ckout acknowledged the $10.00 discount

Post by nfafan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:25 pm

nfafan wrote:Got an e-mail from Google Ckout indicating they took off the $10.00, and it specifically states that this discount may not appear in company emails.

Given that Google Ckout "front ended" the TRU transaction, TRU would not know of this discount and so TRU showed the full amount of bill in their e-mail.

Next is to verify with credit card that the Google Ckout e-mail is correct, and all will be well.
FYI

Just checked my CC - and the CORRECT amount was charged from Google Ckout on behalf of TRU. Along with an inexplicable $1.00 charge on the CC from Google as well. Maybe its a Google service fee(?).

So, end result was tank was received and - adding in the Google $1.00 charge; I paid $20.27 for it. Still a savings over in-store retail.

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:27 pm

so why was Google not honest? I bet we will begin seeing fees each month $1.00 here for some unknown account we signed up for -

:x
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm

WOW! That is a surprise regarding the $1. Although the amount is insignificant, nowhere was it mentioned that $1 would be charged by accepting their $10 discount. That is quite a dishonest way of doing business.

nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by nfafan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm

STUKA wrote:so why was Google not honest? I bet we will begin seeing fees each month $1.00 here for some unknown account we signed up for -

Good point... let's hope not!

ANYONE ELSE who also got into this Google Ckout deal on the TRU BBI Sherman; please check your credit card statement and see if you also got the correct price - and the $1.00 Google charge. Please let us all know if you seen this charge as well.
TIA!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:20 pm

and where in the small print -located about the $1.00 - I can't find it - unless it goes away after you "subscribe"

nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by nfafan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:40 am

nfafan wrote:
STUKA wrote:so why was Google not honest? I bet we will begin seeing fees each month $1.00 here for some unknown account we signed up for -

Good point... let's hope not!

ANYONE ELSE who also got into this Google Ckout deal on the TRU BBI Sherman; please check your credit card statement and see if you also got the correct price - and the $1.00 Google charge. Please let us all know if you seen this charge as well.
TIA!
OK, the $1.00 mystery... From "Help" on the Google Ckout site;

"You're only responsible for paying for your purchases, including taxes and delivery fees (if applicable). You won't be charged any additional costs for making a purchase through Google Checkout.

A $1.00 pending authorization may appear on your credit card after you sign up for an account -- this will be removed from your statement after a few days, and you won't be charged the extra $1.00."

SO... with the many of us who first used Google Ckout for the TRU deal, we will see the extra $1.00 charge, but then - hopefully as Google Help mentions - it will be rescinded from our CC charges. OK, now we know.

Back to tanks again.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:32 pm

good work - I have been so busy - havnt had a chance to even start checking - we will wait and see.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:38 pm

That's great news. Thanks for sharing that important piece of info.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Checked my cc statement today and the correct price from Google appeared on my statement. That $1 charge also was not on there. So looks like the correct disconted price should be credited to your accounts.