October = NEW 1/18 Aircraft?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:22 pm

I don’t know what the problem is lately with all the long delays I just got back from WM today and the WM manger told me that they have two orders of 21st 1:18 scale aircraft for over a month now. He contracted his district manger to find out any more information, He said some toy companies are having labor disputes with the Chinese work force
and that might be the cause to the delay, but was not 100% sure. If 21st was having the same problem. WM knows of other problem with labors affecting other toy factories in China.

Also added that WM had to investigate the problems after the manufacture told them different story. Put to make a point he said he was not sure if it was a wide spread problem.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

digger

Post by digger » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 am

mediump wrote:from the bad cat newsletter
"On a brighter note, the vacuum left by this event rippled quickly throughout the industry. Within hours, we were contacted by the other, 1:18 manufacturing powers and secured exclusive production agreements for three new aircraft that were either backburnered or in initial development. With the 'Cats weight behind the production of the new birds, things are rolling now. We can't disclose the new planes yet but are scheduled to receive these in October, November and January, respectively. "
so one in Oct. but 3 total
Well, we are now half way through November, any rumblings on the ACs the Cat is gonna bring us? So far we have the Avenger that spawned this claim but none of the fruit it describes..

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:09 pm

VMF115 wrote:I don’t know what the problem is lately with all the long delays I just got back from WM today and the WM manger told me that they have two orders of 21st 1:18 scale aircraft for over a month now. He contracted his district manger to find out any more information, He said some toy companies are having labor disputes with the Chinese work force
and that might be the cause to the delay, but was not 100% sure. If 21st was having the same problem. WM knows of other problem with labors affecting other toy factories in China.

Also added that WM had to investigate the problems after the manufacture told them different story. Put to make a point he said he was not sure if it was a wide spread problem.
I've alwys thought it was strange that we can wlk into virtually any Wally and find the newest shipments of HotWheels; wrestling figures; Star Wars; and many other toy lines yet 21st products are ALWAYS sporadic and hit-or miss. Sop maybe the Wally disribution shouldn't be singled out for the blame...

digger

?

Post by digger » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:22 pm

Flayrah, you know 21c cannot be compared to Mattel or Hasbro. Not even the same league. Also, I just don't think the production runs are big enough to have every plane in quantity in every store without another 190 fiasco.

Besides, the AC alleged coming to us this fall were from bbi & AT as per BCA's newsletter. So far 21C Migs, F86 and Avengers, new halftracks and the Pak 40 have all come to WM and small retailers.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:52 pm

True, but I just noted those products as examples - I have seen recently and regularly product from small manufacturers, also. What I am saying is if the distribution system is the only problem in finding 21st merchandise, it's strange that many, if not most, products seem to get through the process while the 21st items are slow, uneven, or never show at all.

digger

well

Post by digger » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:12 pm

We don't really know all the other items that suffer similar distribution woes at WM cuz the toys are what we collect. I'm sure other small companies have spotty WM distribution too.

Also, we don't really know what is slow and fast a lot of the times with 21C - take the new RC Panzer, that could be ahead of schedule for all we know. Or the new 32x trucks - they came out of nowhere...
I think all the realistic military stuff - being a small market - suffers delays, set backs, spotty distribution, etc..
Look at the bbi WWII guys that came in small numbers to TRU then vanished for months. I went crazy until those guys showed up at small retailers. Or the Zero that was due in TRU this fall and still has yet to be seen...Or the AT 262 which was delayed about 3 months for very legit reasons I am sure...it just really goes with the territory in this hobby.
That's why I'm hoping the proclaimed new AC are just delayed, not shelved... :?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:13 pm

Plus - I am already seeing restocks of Avengers, Stuka's, and Corsairs in some of the Walmarts around southwest metro atlanta and some stores never even had those planes out but have the Mig 15 already out.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Oh, I totally blame WM distribution for all the problems. Empty shelves with tags for the aircraft, and yet, trip after trip with nothing to show. You know these planes are sitting around somewhere, and I would have thought they would have started to trickle out right after Halloween, but that would be too logical, wouldn't it? Why do I fear they'll show up after Thanskgiving, and I'll be forced to check out wal marts during the Christmas season? I really need to find the stuka I want so I don't have to enjoy the holiday cheer and madness that will follow...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Didn't BCT say a while ago that they would be showing THREE new 1/18 aircraft exclusives by year's end; two were all new? Given it's passed mid November and we haven't seen one i would imagine that's not going to happen now.

I guess, as some of us have been doing for over six years now, we just have to take what we can get when we get it. I doubt that will ever change in this hobby.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:28 pm

aferguson wrote: I guess, as some of us have been doing for over six years now, we just have to take what we can get when we get it. I doubt that will ever change in this hobby.
Yo! aferguson can you please pass the crumbs. :D

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:36 am

The hour is soon told; ok, not soon... but near… not near… but known…, not known, but … well, not now.

That being said, no retailer will speak of our upcoming releases because they do not know of our upcoming releases. So please do not call them about are up coming releases. They are busy enough dealing with your orders and shipments.

I respect all of our retailers (a lot), and they should not have to deal with inquiries of which they have no privity.

That being said: I can say that AT has nothing to say in the 1:18 realm. We are working hard on our 1:72 line, and… maybe… some different scale models. The reason the 1:18 scale models are not proceeding as fast as you wish, is that, we are focusing on our other lines. If you are interested we have some really great stuff developing in "different" scales.

But if we do make a showing in the 1:18 market, it will be with a splash. (Was that a hint?)

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:48 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:But if we do make a showing in the 1:18 market, it will be with a splash. (Was that a hint?)

Regards,
Jason

Jason,

You are a bad, bad man. :evil: :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:49 am

Oh Jason, you devil! You know there will be a hold thread dedicated to this by the weekend. But, I am all about that. I say let the games begin.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:52 am

But if I wanted them in 1/48 or 1/72 I would be building scale models.

Bigger is better! :wink:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:06 pm

Other scales are fine, but please don't leave the 1/18 scale market alone too long Jason. We need Admiral Toys in our 1/18 hobby. The level of craftsmanship Admiral's FIRST two 1/18 aircraft have shown are amazing. They make us realize how great the 1/18 subjects Admiral Toys produces can and will be. :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:04 pm

Rogue wrote:But if I wanted them in 1/48 or 1/72 I would be building scale models.

Bigger is better! :wink:
I agree anything other then 1:18 scale, I will make myself.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:01 pm

Splash? A 1/18 scale Apollo craft? Or a retooled Japanese plane with a big ol float?? hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhummmmmmmmmmmmm

DH

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:07 pm

PBY Catalina?
What other torpedo planes are there?
B-24s dropped depth charges.... :?
:lol:

VMF115

Re: xd

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:29 pm

kevrut wrote:PBY Catalina?
What other torpedo planes are there?
B-24s dropped depth charges.... :?
I was thinking of the Cat TOO!!!!

or the SB2C Helldiver???

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:39 am

I fully endorse a PBy. I think that would be a great plane to make. But since it would be large it may end up being a dive bomber like the Helldiver or Dauntless.
Todd

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:40 am

YUP!! A BLACK CAT would be great!!

Jeff

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:33 am

The way things are going I dont think we will see anymore 1/18th planes this year. :( I think in 07 we will see a flood of them but not until then. Theres to many delays and so fourth and that is why I say this.

As for 1/48th and 1/32nd? I build my own like some others do here so I'm not worried about that.

But more aircraft for 2006? I have a hard time believeing it.

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:39 am

MightyMustang wrote:The way things are going I dont think we will see anymore 1/18th planes this year. :( I think in 07 we will see a flood of them but not until then. Theres to many delays and so fourth and that is why I say this.

As for 1/48th and 1/32nd? I build my own like some others do here so I'm not worried about that.

But more aircraft for 2006? I have a hard time believeing it.

:?
I bet we start to see the a few 1:18 birds show up around late spring and for the rest of the birds, around fall of next year… Of course 21st me 262 will probably show up around March or April but other then that I think we will have to be patient.

We will probably know what is coming out after the big toy fair next year.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:36 pm

I think we have seen the end of 1/18th planes this year save for the Victory Mustangs, but thats it. 2007? I think we will see alot, at least I hope. I think we will see the Hellcat first (I hope :D ) then the flood gates will open for new planes and re-paints.

"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:44 pm

That’s all Folks!!!!!!!!!