Corsair breakdown suggestions - UPDATE #3

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Corsair breakdown suggestions - UPDATE #2

Post by JollyRoger » Wed May 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi tpa05, I haven't had a chance to talk to Chris about the tail wheel doors, but they seem to be ok. I will ask him if they gave him any trouble. I agree tmanthegreat the blue did come out nice. It was a Model Master Dark Sea Blue spray can. The color is amazingly close to some of the parts of the museums Corsair that have already been painted.
Last edited by JollyRoger on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Corsair breakdown suggestions - UPDATE

Post by JollyRoger » Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 am

tpa05 I talked to Chris and he said the tail doors were a little tricky working with the small tabs but other than that they weren't much of a problem.

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Heres a couple pics with a few markings on. We are trying something new to us. The stars are PSA (pressure-sensitive-adhesive ) from a company called Cal-Grafx out of Ormond Beach Fl. The people are very nice and helped my son and I after we screwed up our first attempt. It seems the best thing to use is Windex on the plane and put the decal directly on after peeling it off the backing paper. The Windex helps it move around to the proper place. We probably could have trimmed right to the star itself. We are waiting for the wing stars to come in because we ordered the wrong size the first time. These are great for us who are not quite as talented to mask and paint the markings.

Ara
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ara » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Your Corsair is looking great! You're making it into something special. And you're motivating me to give mine a do-over.
www.TheLiterateShow.com

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Corsair breakdown suggestions - UPDATE #3

Post by JollyRoger » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 am

Finally got the rest of the stars on, prop markings and painted the wheel hubs. The pitot tube is next and then on to the museum.