POST ALL TOY FAIR DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: POST ALL TOY FAIR DISCUSSION HERE

Post by NightVyper » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Idiana Jones is coming back start with the cancelled 5th wave.
Last edited by NightVyper on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Good news on the Renegades GI Joes. I'm a big fan of the show.

Cool that we'll be able to get the final wave of Indy figures. I hope they are affordable and available elsewhere besides SDCC.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:17 pm

WHAT ABOUT THE MILITARY STUFF????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p51:

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Here is the GI JOE Sky Striker. One painted up as a Transformer for a SDCC Exclusive...should be a F-15 not a F-14. Not bad but way out of Scale.

Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Not too bad looking. Pretty close to the original, even though they lost the mold.

It'll do well. It's not a JSI Tomcat, but I might buy one if they're not too expensive. I do have a lot of Joes.

YT

Post by YT » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm really excited about the skystriker!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 am

I really like it myself tho the SDCC version didnt do anything for me.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:53 am

Normandy: Yeah, it's definitely potential fodder for a Greyhound. Do you know who makes it? Looks like it's part of a Capt. America line so i'm guessing Hasbro?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

The Skystriker will look great hanging from the ceiling in my sons room, that is until he is old enough to play with it. I was really disapointed in the Captain America showings. I guess, I got my hopes up that some of the vehicles would be realistic, or at the least painted olive drab. So far, the only thing that is WWII about the line is Cap's helmet. Hopefully, the bad guys will have a more historic feel to them, but I? wont hold my breath.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 am

Aferguson, yes it's from Hasbro's Captain America line. It looks like an M-8 and with a little work........ :)

Here's a pic from the fair....... http://toyfair2011.figures.com/showphot ... ca&cat=575
Oh I didn't see that.......it comes with a motorcycle and figure. I wonder if its a Harley?

The Strikefire Transport is due out Spring '11 at a cost of $ 29.99.

http://youbentmywookie.com/news/toy-fai ... toys-11507
Last edited by normandy on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 am

Not that great.

I do like some of the new 1/18 Joes from the 80's do not care for the New show and toys...guess I'm just stuck in the 1980's with GI Joe.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:25 am

NightVyper wrote:Gi Joe Skystriker announced. as well as some new cobra vtol transport.
About time! I never had it as a kid, but my friends who did were considered hands down to have air superiority.

If the Skystriker does well, what are the changes that they might be tempted to rerelease the USS Flag? :)

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 am

I am pretty sure they have stated they would never do a USS Flag again, to big and expensive blah blah. But i hope the skystriker leads to other great stuff maybe a new variation of the rattler or someting more fighter feeling for cobra. I have 4 25th rattlers and seeing the sky striker makes me want to get even more of them to shoot down.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:32 am

May as well just call this Hasbro Fair 2011.
Every site pretty much covering mostly their stuff.
Talk about redundancy.
That's all fine and good, looking forward to some of their stuff, but what's going if anything on in the obscure corners of the building.
Guess we'll have to wait for the big who-ha of Hasbro to be over to get much news on anything else.

Maybe their isn't much of anything else. :?

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 am

NightVyper wrote:I am pretty sure they have stated they would never do a USS Flag again, to big and expensive blah blah. But i hope the skystriker leads to other great stuff maybe a new variation of the rattler or someting more fighter feeling for cobra. I have 4 25th rattlers and seeing the sky striker makes me want to get even more of them to shoot down.
Oh, I know I'm dreaming ... but still maybe in modules spread out over the course of 2-years. First you start with the bridge and then you get the middle deck that it snaps too. Then they make the forward and aft sections.

There is a USS Flag on display as a toy store here in Sacramento (and for sale), but it is beat up and covered with a host of other toys.

And yes, if they release the Skystriker, then it makes perfect sense to rerelease the rattler again. Was that two years ago that the Rattlers were on sale at Target or one? When is too soon to release a rattler again? It was set as at a great price point.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:40 am

Dauntless wrote: Maybe their isn't much of anything else. :?
I know I'm guilty of talking about the Joe stuff right now, but I think the tanked market pretty much put a major dent in the 1/18 stuff we love.

Here is the positive side, if somebody didn't anchor the Toy Fair it could morph into something that the 1/18 wouldn't want to come back to in the future.

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:02 am

my goal is to get 3 skystrikers to go with my 2 conquests. i dont know how many VTOLs i will get i am really excited about those.

I really liked the new cobra the enemy troopers but i can't justify buying them and getting rid of my 70 that i already have of the 25th with silver logo, add officers and night watch i have over a hundred of that design so i think i am stuck. and the cobra vipers look super nice but the same problem I have like 20 or so of the 25th ones and i dont think i want to start over, if only they had looked more futuristic or something. I did pre order 20 rock vipers they look great.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:13 am

the armoured car is not that bad. With some work it could be made to a reasonable looking Greyhound. Scaling from the figure and bike it looks to be about 11 inches long, which is perfect for 1/18. Definitely something to keep a look out for at least. It's as good or better than the chap mei and power team stuff.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 am

MCalamari wrote:
Dauntless wrote: Maybe their isn't much of anything else. :?
I know I'm guilty of talking about the Joe stuff right now, but I think the tanked market pretty much put a major dent in the 1/18 stuff we love.

Here is the positive side, if somebody didn't anchor the Toy Fair it could morph into something that the 1/18 wouldn't want to come back to in the future.
Yeah I'm thankful that there is some cool Joe stuff coming out. Sure would have liked to have seen that Cobra truck the Renegades are always driving though, but I guess it's a little two early for that to come out, along with the rest of the Renegades team.
Star Wars has some cool stuff, though that Republic Attack Shuttle looks like a piece of crap IMO.
The Indy news is the best so far.

Hasbro is the anchor. We can't expect much diversity in this economy. That's the way it goes. One huge fish and a few little ones in the tank.
I still holding out for that discerning roving reporter (with a camera) to find something else in the building, but everybody's covering the story of the day. Much like real life news.

Ok I'll be patient.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 am

Dauntless wrote: The Indy news is the best so far.
I'm a bit confused.

So they will be releasing the lost wave, but just at SDCC or will it also be available on-line?

It seems to me a shame any time a toy retailer releases an exclusive at the SDCC, as much how we were talking about how large toy companies just move people through their booths, when SDCC has an exclusive their display really is just a temporary store front, which I don't like as much.

I was watching the Indy films last week, and I think that modest production runs of the Indy figures could turn it into a viable line (not as viable say as the Iron Man figures, which little kids still seem attracted to).

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am

The Indy set will probably be available at Hasbro Toy Store.com for a limited time. That's where I'll get mine. Though they sell out quick with stuff like any GI Joe exclusives you have to jump right on them.

Hey some Pirates of the Caribbean toys, including another ship. It's not the Black Pearl but...
http://www.actionfigs.com/content.php/1 ... nger-Tides

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:48 am

hm.....that ship looks exactly like the Black Pearl ship released a couple of years ago, only a different colour.

Interesting, since JAKKS is doing this toyline not Zezzle, who did POTC 3. I wonder if they bought/bowered the mold or if they are all under the same company.

Either way, glad to see it, sure beats ebay prices.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 am

I find it amazing that this is a Toy Fair "trade show" used to show what companies like Hasbro will be offering for sale to other retail companies in the next few months. It is open only to the trade / press, but they seem to put a ton of focus on items that corporate buyers can't purchase because they will only be available from Hasbro for three days during another convention in San Diego during the summer. Why can I hear a Wal Mart rep saying "So i can't buy Indy figures, or this big box of star wars figures, or this GI Joe biker girl or or this Transformer/GI joe crossover jet? But I can be drowned in all the Captain America I want to put clearence stickers on?.... Really?" The amount of time, money and effort these compaines seem to put into toys they essentialy sell for three days and then never again, has always seemed like a waste to me. Just my 2 cents.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:26 pm

So it's ziltch, nada, zip for 1:18 military. Why is this not a surprise?