Bad Cat Blog terminates itself...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Bad Cat Blog terminates itself...

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 am

PanzerArm wrote:You want to talk about shady business practices, you guys hear what the owner of Michtoy did? Watch this video:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/26615971/index.html

-Kevin
this is actually pretty common with bad dealers. it happened to a dealer here in wisconsin that i purchased from. he would charge 5 to 10 dollars on many customers cards every now and again. it doesnt sound like alot but if you do it to 50 customers as month it adds up. I heard he had been busted so i checked my invoices he didnt do it to me but he eventually went to jail for 6 months and lost his store.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 am

Never personally had a bad experience w/BC, but have certainly heard other's stories...
For me, the blogs were the only real updates I was seeing consistently on any etailer's website, so I will miss that.
Hope the JSI update turns out to be true...At this point, I don't have a problem w/repaints of current aircraft - A new P38 or Corsair scheme would be great, as long at is a completely new scheme (unlike the Boyington repaint JSI did earlier).
Never dealt with MT.

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 am

I have to go record as saying that I always got good customer service from BadCat and scored a few deals over the years although it has been a couple of years since I have bought any items from that group. As others have already mentioned, I am thankful for what BadCat did for the 1:18 scale hobby early on and only wish that everyone on this board got the same good treatment as I did. I hope at least a portion of the JSI news is accurate and that we see some new paint schemes soon.

Dan
“Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”
- George S. Patton

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

wow, that's someting about Michtoy. I've known about them ever since i've been in this hobby.

Charging small amounts to customer credit cards is a common scam. It happened to me a few years ago by my fitness club. The restaurant charged me $9.99. I most certainly would have missed it, as i often ate there and didn't really keep track of what i spent, except at the time i was having some health issues and hadn't gone to the club for over a month. So i knew it was a bogus charge.

They gave me a refund and denied any wrong doing, stating that a waitress charged my card by mistake, meaning to charge someone else's. Right.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

That is really messed up ferg...

On Badcats I ordered some stuff from them once M1A1 Abrams tanks and they came quick and it was a good price or so i thought for the time so i can't complain... I have found cheaper vendors since, oh well.