JSI spotless cat? YES its true!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: JSI spotless cat? YES its true!

Post by NightVyper » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 pm

well i am interested in these for sure.

the_bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by the_bird » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 am

i have the spot cat and i cant afford to have it repainted. i sure wish i had been able to get this one. atleast its alot better.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm

the_bird wrote:i have the spot cat and i cant afford to have it repainted. i sure wish i had been able to get this one. atleast its alot better.
the bird,
You don't have to spend a lot to do a good repaint yourself and it really isn't that hard if you use deankleines' method which is documented here in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19178&start=225
It only cost about $10-$15 total for the paint and material. Took me about 3 hours to mask all the tampo prints off (the toughest part is masking what you don't want to paint over). Then about 1.5 hours to actually paint using the make-up pad dabbing method. Looks great, checkout my finished product. It looks as good as airbrushed.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 pm

looks really good
nice job!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

the_bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by the_bird » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:00 pm

very nice what type of tape for masking?

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:17 pm

the_bird wrote:very nice what type of tape for masking?
I just used standard "blue painters" masking tape and made sure the edges were rubbed down real good with my fingernail.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

flying tiger
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying tiger » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:43 pm

I was one of the many victims who bought the spot cat; I've been fighting with the seller about returning and getting my refund (minus any cost, of course) for last couple months but he won't do it. Now with this "reject" issue just come up, I am going to press hard on him either give me my money back or exchange to the spot less F-14, I am going to accuse him selling me damage or reject item from the factory.
I hate my spot cat just as much as I love the F-14 at the beginning. They really broke my heart when I open the box and see all the spot on it.
I hope I can win the case and he will give me one of these spot less cat instead. I think the factory, distributor and seller should at least do something to show their responsibility on this spot cat issue.
I have been visiting this board for long times but never want to post until now, because I am really mad at this spot cat thing and really want to say something because it cost me dearly.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 pm

read the post again
Merit is claiming that the newest release with no spots are the rejects. the spot cat was exceptable :shock:
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

flying tiger
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying tiger » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah right! My spot cat is not rejected and those spot less cats are rejected.
That is really funny, American_Grenadier. J
I think some body is trying to test our IQ here and see how dump we are. They think people in US are stupid enough to differentiate what is reject and what is not, they forgot the F-14 is an American plane. I am not a college professor but I am not that dumb to believe a single word in that claim. How stupid they are.
Luckily I did not buy my cat from Merit or they might exchange my reject with a RE-reject.
If Merit is selling the spot less F-14, then I think everyone bought the spot cats from them before should ask them to replace it with the so called rejected spotless cat and see what they would consider reject. What a joke!
Last edited by flying tiger on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 pm

agreed!!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Don't worry, it's just "all part of the weathering process" :roll:

Let me see if I can't find that link...oh wait, it's been deleted.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 am

I recieved a replacement landing gear from the Ebay seller of my squiggle cat. The seller recieved it from his supplier. If the squiggle cat is a regect then the supplier isn't gonna send replacement parts. Never heard of a theif sending replacement parts out for a stollen item sale. I've noticed not all squiggle cats aren't equal. The squiggles vary from plane to plane. Mine has very few. Doesnt look obviously ridiculous like the spotted version.

flying tiger
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying tiger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

So the thief risk their life going back there to steal some landing gears for their customer's damaged part replacement. What a great customer service it is. If JSI caught this thief they should held him responsible for their future marketing and all customer service responsibility, JSI will sure be doing a lot better than whoever they have right now serving us here.
My seller would not replace my spot cat, would not refund, I ask for exchange for a P38 or F4U and give me credit for whatever is left after deducting all shipping and cost involved. You would not believe the answer I got from him, he told me that he doesn't have any P38 and F4U left and his supplier Merit also do not have any in stock for him to purchase to do the exchange for me.
So after the warehouse in China was burglarized. They came all the way here in US and stole every thing from their US warehouse and left nothing (not even one?) for my seller to do the exchange for me. I need to see these police reports posted on their websites for me to believe a single word they say. I am not the smart guy but I am not that stupid to believe that stupid claim.

kazoo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kazoo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 am

flying tiger wrote:So the thief risk their life going back there to steal some landing gears for their customer's damaged part replacement. What a great customer service it is. If JSI caught this thief they should held him responsible for their future marketing and all customer service responsibility, JSI will sure be doing a lot better than whoever they have right now serving us here.
My seller would not replace my spot cat, would not refund, I ask for exchange for a P38 or F4U and give me credit for whatever is left after deducting all shipping and cost involved. You would not believe the answer I got from him, he told me that he doesn't have any P38 and F4U left and his supplier Merit also do not have any in stock for him to purchase to do the exchange for me.
So after the warehouse in China was burglarized. They came all the way here in US and stole every thing from their US warehouse and left nothing (not even one?) for my seller to do the exchange for me. I need to see these police reports posted on their websites for me to believe a single word they say. I am not the smart guy but I am not that stupid to believe that stupid claim.
Hi, I am new here and totally agree with flying Tiger. Last year, as soon as I saw the pictures of the spot cat on the Bad Cat's site, I stop myself from order one. Now I hope the next one will be better.