JSI SU-27 / J-11

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
wolf8564
Sergeant
Sergeant

SU-27 gripes

Post by wolf8564 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Ummm? excuse me but how many companies are making 1/18th scale Models???? Thats what I thought. Guys we are lucky in this Day and age to see any 1/18th scale items produced. As things go we as Americans are spoiled rotten.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm

well i kinda get the impression that's what jsi is thinking. They are the only game in town right now and they can make what they like and we'll buy it. The old monopoly attitude. Their thinking is that they will, down the road come out with the version the fans really want and make a lot more sales.

Right?

Wrongo. These aren't small collectibles. These things are huge and they're expensive. I'm not gong to fork over $250, and take up very precious space, on something that isn't the way i'd like it to be. And i'm not going to fork out more hundreds to do a custom paint job.

These are toy planes. They're not food and water, so the 'we've got a monopoly' attitude is misguided. People don't have to buy them. And they will sell dead slow if produced.

I'll wait for the 'hot' version or live without.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Should not underestimate the buying power of the chinese now. Fastest growing percentage of millionaires and ever improving mid-upper class, means potentially lots of adults indulging in a bit of lost childhood (like some of us are :wink: ) and their priviledged scions buying these up.

Size does matter and the chinese (not just china, chinese all over the world) mentality is that the bigger or more expensive it is, the higher the prestige, status and greater pride showing off.

Same as being successful in life and buying up big and expensive Benz and Rolls Royces.

Maybe its also them just giving the rest of the world a dismissive "finger in nose flick" as they've seen nothing but majority subjects in US/GB/Ger markings and they can and should cater to their own market in that nationalistic/patriotic sense.

Population 1.3 billion(2008), a limited run of 2 or 3 thousand planes, a calculated risk at worst.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:48 pm

JSI, although breaking price barriers with the F-14, and likely this will continue in further plane releases, seem to not be concerned with what collectors in the US want. So I suspect they will do what they want and what will likely give them the most sales. The Chinese market may be it.
T
Todd

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Don't care what market they are going after.

If I don't like the model,I will not buy it.

I was excited about the JSI F-14,but chose to cancel my pre-order,and not purchase it.

I am not going to spend $200+ on a model,unless I really want it.And unless it it is really well done,at that price,I don't want it.

So,either give me something I think is worth the money,or I pass.

1/18 is not my only scale,and I have no problem putting my money towards some other fine models.

I believe that the North American market IS the bread and butter for 1/18.

Alienate your fan base at your own risk. :?

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 pm

VMF115 wrote:Afreg, I agree but at this point I think and the indicators are pointing to "JSI knows best" type of attitude...since they probably see themselves as the only game in town...they can make the rules.....LOL...
and with that they will fail.

A single seat SU-27 in Russian markings followed by F-15 which is followed by the Mig-29 which is followed by an F-14D. would be a nice round up.....oh and lets not forget about the At-10 and the Hind! but I think the world economy will crash and will be lucky to have the 2 seat SU-27.

Then the Zombie Apocalypse arrives, and we are all screwed...
We are sorry to learn that the board members / collectors share the feeling that JSI has a "JSI knows best" attitude. We hope that this will change as JSI progress in this hobby. This release of the J-11 / SU 27 family of aircraft is mainly to cultivate potential new collectors and facilitate fellow collectors in the rest of the world. By no means JSI is neglecting the wishes of existing collectors,..... they just hope that collectively, a bigger collectors base will improve the chance of future development and production of any new aircraft especially with increasing manufacturing cost in China. We hope this post will not offend anyone. For those who are interested in the J-11, the prototype will be on display at the Weekend of Heroes Show in Burbank, California during the weekend of June 5th to 6th.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Jim@Merit wrote:
VMF115 wrote:Afreg, I agree but at this point I think and the indicators are pointing to "JSI knows best" type of attitude...since they probably see themselves as the only game in town...they can make the rules.....LOL...

A single seat SU-27 in Russian markings followed by F-15 which is followed by the Mig-29 which is followed by an F-14D. would be a nice round up.....oh and lets not forget about the At-10 and the Hind! but I think the world economy will crash and will be lucky to have the 2 seat SU-27.

We are sorry to learn that the board members / collectors share the feeling that JSI has a "JSI knows best" attitude. We hope that this will change as JSI progress in this hobby. This release of the J-11 / SU 27 family of aircraft is mainly to cultivate potential new collectors and facilitate fellow collectors in the rest of the world. By no means JSI is neglecting the wishes of existing collectors,..... they just hope that collectively, a bigger collectors base will improve the chance of future development and production of any new aircraft especially with increasing manufacturing cost in China. We hope this post will not offend anyone. For those who are interested in the J-11, the prototype will be on display at the Weekend of Heroes Show in Burbank, California during the weekend of June 5th to 6th.
I am interested in the J-11 and I think it will do fine but a single seat Su-27 will make more sense...
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm interested as well, but I agree a single seater would probably sell better. Its nice to see a few more opposition fighters made it provides balance.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

HardenSteel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by HardenSteel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:58 pm

I am definitely getting the this one.

We're very lucky that they decided to do something new and unusual.

It's also relatively current!

It's a great contrast to the F-15 & F14.

HD

I hope they do a Harrier as well.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:17 am

HardenSteel wrote:I am definitely getting the this one.

HD

ditto on the harrier true lies diamrama
whats up doc....

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:58 am

HardenSteel wrote:I am definitely getting the this one.

HD

Agreed! I'm excited about purchasing this one because it is so unique and will bring balance to all of the American Fighters we have. (as long as no spots)

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 am

JIM@MERIT:

Do you know when JSI will release pilots for the F-14 Jolly Rogers?

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:54 am

I am definitively getting this one, too. Altough it is not the original 1-seat Su-27, it is still an amazing and stunning model.

I am not really concerned about JSI's monopoly position. What bothers me more is that they come up with an Israeli F-15 and not with an American :?
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

Black_Dragon_One

ju11

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Jim@Merit wrote:

welcome aboard sorry i had to check with merit to see if you were related..

good to hear you r...

i glad that you join us ....

what ever input is great..

I also heard that the majority of production of new stuff is held out until the exchange rate is resolve.. i know that everyone is worry that price could sky rocket to %15.00 just to to the new administration policy on rate of exchange.. me and the guy ... hope that the increase will not happen but we have to wait and see..
whats up doc....

margras77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by margras77 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

TBH Id only buy an SU 27, bit confused, are they making BOTH or just the J11?

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 am

margras77 wrote:TBH Id only buy an SU 27, bit confused, are they making BOTH or just the J11?
Only the 2-seat Chinese J-11.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!