OURWAR FIGURES

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Wow!! These are sounding like really great additions to 1/18 scale. I hope they make it to the US with good distribution. Tieka sounds like they are on the right path to success in the figure realm of 1/18 scale.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

digger

nice

Post by digger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:02 am

All good news. I don't mind if they focus on figures for a while until they are off and running. And I love what they did with these figs - hit on other modern figs weak spots: camo & articulation. Great that these guys are raising the bar, and I agree with usmcchet, AllGo needs to take note that they can't keep pumping out the old gorilla figs!

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: OURWAR FIGURES

Post by gburch » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 am

I'd love to see what the buzz here is about. The ebay listing is now all Joes and Star Wars stuff, and my anti-virus software is blocking access to the company's website. Any links to accessible pics?

BTW, note that I'm dead certain that the IP address of the company is a source of some serious nasty. Click it at your own risk.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 am

WS_Toys, the listing from the e-bay address referenced in this thread, is a reputable seller for those who want to know. I've purchased a few Joe figures from them over the past few months and the transactions went very smoothly.

They have an "in" on obtaining items that sometimes don't make it to retail due to being canceled. Here lately they have listed many of the GI Joe figures that were shown by Hasbro at Joe Con last year but now may be dropped from the line and not make it to retail.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

digger

OW

Post by digger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 am

I'd love to see what the buzz here is about. The ebay listing is now all Joes and Star Wars stuff, and my anti-virus software is blocking access to the company's website. Any links to accessible pics?

BTW, note that I'm dead certain that the IP address of the company is a source of some serious nasty. Click it at your own risk.
If this is a hoax it is too cruel. Note the PTE like legs and Hasbro like elbows.
All the heads look the same so the question is are they removable and easily mixed with bbi/21C? I don't think Tieka will mind some advertising :P

Baker707
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Baker707 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 pm

the m249/ m14 look OVERSIZED :shock:
French canadian! :P
[url=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/baker707bannirezp4.png/][img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6660/baker707bannirezp4.png[/img][/url]

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 pm

The site doesn't trigger any warnings for me at all and I've got a number of programs running and have run the link through some 3rd party sources and it's deemed safe. Not sure why virus software would mark it otherwise.

I can vouch for the seller as well. I've actually been watching these figures for about a year now, and I've heard good things about the potential future for the line.

I agree some of the weapons look a tad large. The figures look gorgeous though, and highly articulated. Even the wrists appear to be ball-jointed. That's pretty cool stuff. 8) They've even got very hidden ball-joints at the knees and things. I'm pretty stoked to get a set of those figures.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Ok, so why is Badcat, Smalljoes, and Foxhole, not stocking these items. I would think they'd be all over this.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 pm

I hope Chad gets his review up today.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

I managed to get a reply from Tieka Toys. At the moment the Our War line has been already released and only available in China for now, they do plan to distribute to the U.S. soon. No word at what retailers yet through.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Jesse James wrote:The site doesn't trigger any warnings for me at all and I've got a number of programs running and have run the link through some 3rd party sources and it's deemed safe. Not sure why virus software would mark it otherwise.

I can vouch for the seller as well. I've actually been watching these figures for about a year now, and I've heard good things about the potential future for the line.

I agree some of the weapons look a tad large. The figures look gorgeous though, and highly articulated. Even the wrists appear to be ball-jointed. That's pretty cool stuff. 8) They've even got very hidden ball-joints at the knees and things. I'm pretty stoked to get a set of those figures.
I use Malwarebytes and it's been the gold standard for me. I wonder if someone's hijacking their website only intermittently to zap out some bots. As a long-time "China hand" NOTHING surprises me.

Anyway -- these guys look great. Any pics of the PLA figs?

Any chance of getting at least a small channel of sales opened up to, say, forum members???

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm

a year? and you didnt say anything?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Jesse James wrote:I've actually been watching these figures for about a year now.

:shock: :shock: You should have told us :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:30 am

aferguson wrote:a year? and you didnt say anything?
I didn't want to get hopes up, hehe. :) But they're up now, so yeah... I'm hopeful for nothing but positive stuff for the company because the figures are pretty bada$$
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Melvin
Corporal
Corporal

OURWAR

Post by Melvin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:51 pm

I called the Tieka yesterday and the sales people said that they start selling this series at USA and in the end of this month they will start the sals in both model shops and online shops in China, and they promise to deliver several to me from their HQ. I am expecting to get them!
Big fun with 1:18!

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Sorry haven't had a chance to post review. Busy at work. But the photos posted earlier are what you get. A very highly articulated figure.

Wangyonghai (WS-toys) is one of their distributors. I've done a lot of business with him and this was a side purchase I worked out with him. He sales on eBay and is a highly reputable seller.

If you all still want closer pics let me know and I'll get them. I do agree the guns are a tad big but they are not bad. You all will be pleased with these figures!

Chad

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:40 pm

C130IM wrote:If you all still want closer pics let me know and I'll get them. I do agree the guns are a tad big but they are not bad. You all will be pleased with these figures!

We would all like to see the pictures.

Thanks.

digger

OW

Post by digger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 am

Yes - would still love photos. Would also like to know if the heads pop off, and how the figs look without the gear (and whether the gear works on other modern guys). Thanks! :D

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Here's one of the detailed pic (like rebelscum archive) of the grenadier I got from the listing,

All 7 figs share the same articulation and some equipment

The sunnies looked to be molded on so no night dios for these guys 8)

Cant wait to get these to see if they as fantastic as the pics show

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Wow, stupid me JUST posted a question asking if anyone has heard of these. Should probably look before, huh? I thing these look awesone.
-Scott
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

Black_Dragon_One

Re: OURWAR

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:18 am

Melvin wrote:I called the Tieka yesterday and the sales people said that they start selling this series at USA and in the end of this month they will start the sals in both model shops and online shops in China, and they promise to deliver several to me from their HQ. I am expecting to get them!

welcome nubees
whats up doc....

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:06 am

If 25th Joe heads fit these guys, I'll be a very happy camper.
[url=http://www.fighting118th.com]Fighting118th:[/url] Joe Deserves Better!

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am

I'm impressed and curious about the wrist ball joints,

not quite 1/6 articulation yet but much appreciated for this scale 8)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 am

very cool.

a future improvement for this series would be to have 2 heads; one with glasses and one without.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

vince_chua
Corporal
Corporal

Post by vince_chua » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:03 am

I saw them 2 weeks ago and contemplated about buying them. By the time I decided to buy them, they are gone :cry: