anti aircraft missiles / chinese armor 1/18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:23 am

Tinman wrote:This is the one that interests me. I wonder if it's really 1:18, and what it costs in USD. Wish I could read the text!

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_det ... ca11c1.htm
wow, this one looks awesome!
is that a case below the tank? If yes, it would be nice to know it it's included.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19 am

Google translated text:

"99 tanks one after another out of 1:50 / 1:30 ratio, we now introduce a new high 1:18,99 change simulation model of large-scale, all-metal production, with a fine imitation wood base, high-grade leather suitcase, model turret 360-degree clatter clatter of the rotation, the turret can rotate 360 degrees, muzzle could be up and down swing, caterpillar crawler using simulation, the metal Lu-chains can freely rotate! Let collectors feel rumbling of armored glory! The wheel has a damping effect. The whole model of an all-alloy material, with a strong texture and visual impact, and the use of military parade on the 60th anniversary of the latest digital camouflage coating. All-metal track can campaign freely, machine guns, reserve fuel tank, are all working fine, can be described as the model for the full of.

Vehicle No. 01 party team is ZTZ-99 main battle tank (1999 shaping production), which is the world's one of the most advanced tanks. Equipped with a complex multi-layer composite armor, its front against the United States and Russia can be active and the power of the tank shells and TOW anti-tank missiles and other active. ZTZ-99 artillery can be a positive active breakdown of the various powers, such as M-1A3, T-90 tanks, armored front of the strongest. Of their observation and electronic equipment, and mobility has also reached world-class.

ZTZ-99 main battle tank-style modified: car weighs about 52 tons, tanks, turret front and side armor in the original compound, based on the main installation of a new wedge-shaped pairs of anti-reaction of additional armor, bullet-proof with excellent shape , and Germany's Leopard 2 tanks similar to, their body are also made of composite armor, bullet-proof multiplied 99 to change the body and the turret tanks protective capacity to the equivalent of 800 and 1000 mm thick homogeneous armor . 99 to change the car tank is equipped with highly efficient automatic fire / explosion suppression device which can extinguish the fire within 10 milliseconds" :lol:

It weighs 15kgs though! Shipping this will be expensive...

Will do well to mod and paint a PTE Main Battle Tank, much cheaper too

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am

Yes, I just found it on ebay (in an older paint, I think). Even a 1:18 maniac like me has trouble justifying the price. Rats!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Has anyone had any luck finding another source for these vehicles. I sent an email to the email address on the taobao website and no response. If anyone has had any luck finding alternate source please pm or email me or post here.

Chad

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Wow! Seller increased the price for the 1/18 Type 99 Tank from $470.00 to $550!? Shipping from $120 to $180.00!? The same link is posted here I think to eBay.

I'm trying to find another source but even if vehicles are cheaper the shipping is killer via EMS.
Chad

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 am

These have been around for a while. As a long-time student of the Chinese military, I'd love to have them, but they're too expensive. I'd really like to know what the real story on them is -- are they available in stores in China, I wonder?. I have to be there in April ... maybe I'll try to find some time away from work to check and see ...

I've guessed before that the high price results from limited production ... that these are basically desk toys for PLA officers and arms industry executives. It would be interesting if they went into larger production for retail sales in stores in China (if they're not already). I'd see that as a small sign of a push by some sectors in the government to build up a militaristic element to the already pretty high levels of nationalism in China.