Pictures of the JSI F-15

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I won't pre-order an F-15 and if JSI does an IDF falcon first, they're bigger morons than I thought the paint dept was with the Tomcat.

Put the USAF Strike Eagle first. I hope common sense prevails.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

If I recall from some post many, many months ago, the IDF scheme was chosen to showcase the F-15 specifically due to the colorful paint scheme, for impact, since all other schemes were basically low vis. Dumb reason. I agree with a separate post, again from many months ago, that the S-1 scheme of any new plane should pay tribute to the host nation that brought that plane to fruition. In this case, the F-15 should be a US plane(USAF). But I'm not in marketing so I'm sure some will disagree, and obviously JSI does.

At any rate, all indicators do *not* point to a F-15 for the next release (if there would be such a plane in 1/18 scale), but rather the Flanker. In such case, it should be a Soviet scheme, not Chinese, for the reason stated above. Again, a somewhat strange choice in my mind, but maybe just a way for a Chinese manufacturer for tooting their own horn.

Bottom line, I in fact would hesitate in a big way to buy a F-15 Israeli or Flanker Chinese as S-1 releases (especially at a 2010/2011 price, $250+, who knows?). With all due respect to those operators, my money would instead quickly go toward schemes for the developing countries of those birds, if offered, without hesitation.

I definitely don't want JSI thinking they can do whatever the heck they want paint-wise and get away with it. Unfortunately, I think they may have dodged a bullet with Spotcat (although time will tell re: returns) and they might start thinking they can basically release any modern 1:18 plane/scheme for big bucks and get away with it.

Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Eagle

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:11 am

Greetings

JSI really isn't morons in any sense of the word at all. They bought several of the old 21st molds and have offered new schemes or repeats of previous versions of the plane and have sold them. They've released a brand new model in the F-14 and aside from the paint, have gotten mostly positive reviews on the many working details. They also sold the plane out through the distrubutor which means they have made the money, put it in the bank and can invest in new projects. They also have shown several upcoming products. It's their company, they can do what they want and all indications are they are selling their products. How are they exactly morons?

Getting back on track, although it was said the Flanker would be first, I kind of suspect it might be the F-15. A prototype of the F-15 has already been shown and one has not been shown for the Flanker. Granted, the F-15 was taped together when it was displayed, but the fact there is actually an assembled piece would seem to indicate it is further along in development than the Flanker is. With the success of the F-14 in the sense they've sold it, I suspect we may also see them put the F-15 in front of the Flanker if indeed the Flanker is supposed to come out first.

As for the scheme, I personally would welcome and IDF scheme. It is really time for a different scheme rather than the US Navy or USAF (no disrespected intended to the units in those forces who fly these mighty machines). I remember being excited see the German F-104 21st made and I still have that one. If the F-15 were being released in retail stores I'd say an IDF scheme wouldn't sell, but if you are releasing it through hobby shops where you have a knowledgeable customer base, I think it will sell. I think given the response of the F-14, any scheme in the F-15 would sell. And if the F-14 doesn't prove it, look at what the BBI F-16's and F-18's go for on ebay.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:56 am

As has been mentioned here already, the IDF scheme JSI has shown their F-15 in was chosen to make it stand out against the F-14 and the Su-27 for advertising at this point.

IF the F-15 is released, it will come AFTER the Su-27 and I'm sure it will most likely be a USAF scheme. I say "if" on the F-15 being released because JSI's plans could change. We've only seen a taped together prototype and we all should know by now what prototypes mean in this hobby. One thing it doesn't mean is tooling, the major cost, has been made or started. In the total cost of producing a 1/18 subject, a prototype is pretty much pocket change.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:49 am

Shin Densetsu wrote:AGREED. However, judging by the 1st images JSI showed off the Eagle, the armnament already looks to be a vast improvement over the Dragon Models' releases.

As for an Iranian Tomcat, I don't think it will sell as well as VF-84. Squadron schemes I can see outselling or going on par with VF-84 would be VF-103 as Jolly Rogers with LANTIRN equipped Bombcats, and the Vandy 1.

Black Knights and Black Aces from their respective final cruises would be great too, because for them the model JSI made is actually accurate.
JSI has shown that production model is on par with the prototype, with the exception of paintjob, so this bodes well for a good replica of an eagle

Judging from consumer buying habits of this expensive and massive plane, S2 release sales will probably not reach S1 levels, unless its of improved quality/paint wise and a popular scheme like Black Aces or Bombcat.

A Flanker in PLAAF scheme as S1 before the Eagle will not be surprising, given that JSI is a chinese company with chinese shareholders/investors.
Current China consumer market is very strong, influential and nationalistic and it will be beneficial to them to cater for their own market next. They've already done the tomcat for US and in between there are re-releases of old 21st planes as filler.
Though we've not seen the mock-up of the flanker does not mean there isn't one, they can be secretive and could be waiting to spring a surprise