How slow will it take for you to give up 1/18th?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Just because the supply dries up doesn't mean I will loose interest. These models are awesome and I'm quite happy with my collection as it stands. Just because 1:18 goes away as a viable scale for producing military models does not mean that I have to curl into a ball and die :wink:

There are far, far more important causes to worry about than a bunch of plastic!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 pm

While I'm thinking of going to 1:16 armor just due to its abundance and better details, I am quite happy to see companies like FOV making new figures it seems. 1:18 doesn't appear dead to me, just in a lull. Good figures coming out, even if they're modern, and so I hope that means more in the future... BBI's still there too, and for all intents and purposes, 21st is still alive... Just not kickin' at the moment.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Not worried about the 1/18 demise! It will always be around in one form or another. I have purchased so many troops and vehicles and put them away that they will keep my interest longer than I will be able to remember why I am interested (in anything)! I always buy multiples of anything 1/18 I like. I purchased alot of 1/6 troops and vehicles too before they fell out of favor, and still have them to fall back on when it gets too hard to see or handle the smaller stuff. Then there is all that 1:1 WWII stuff I aquired for my son. I am set for years to come!
But, I do like new 1/18 stuff hitting the market on a regular interval almost as much as I like clearance sales!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"