Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Small Joes has the Russian soldier in stock although quite pricey at $14.99.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Wal-Mart restocked with tons of Deluxe and some KotCS figures so I finally broke down and bought a German on bike instead of waiting to milk the Target deal...

I got a KotCS Indy too, as the paintjob was quite nice on it so I figured why risk not finding a good one. The German bike is everything I could imagine for $10, and so I'm anxious to get another 4 or 5 of these at some point.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat May 17, 2008 9:04 am

Spotted the jungle cutter for the first time. Looked pretty 8) , but I don't think it would fit in with the other XD stuff.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Jungle cutter is here !!!

Post by General Blasto » Sat May 17, 2008 4:02 pm

I found a Jungle cutter yesterday at TRU by Deb's work.
Some others were down at the TRU next to FL Mall ;) I'm not so pleased with the jungle cutter :( The tracks are molded and don't turn is the worse thing for me :x And there is little wheels underneath so it will roll. The rotary blades turn when you push it being they make contact with the surface under the cutter. I don't care for the design much, but plan to modify it into something more like a HUGE power tractor and it will be for the new "Boulevard Bolshaviks" I am making :P HEre's some new pictures, mostly of the new Ruskie figures and the cutter is somewhere in there :oops: Da General

ps. I finally got some of the "burp" guns made for soldiers :P
And I have some Female Ruskies too 8)

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 pm

General great job on the burps, your red army is looking good. :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 4:55 pm

hey GB.....how did you make the PPSH's? What's your formula?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

motor bike

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Am impressed with the new motor bike rider. I have 8 and need 20. I have my own bikes and bikes with side cars and these riders easy fit and look the part. The bike that comes with the rider and his helmet do not look right to me, so I am disgarding them, a little bit of a waste I know. They fit very nicely on my wagons as drivers and I am hoping will be command vehicle drivers as well. This is releasing alot of my figures currently serving these roles and more importantly looking a better fit too. At last we have a decent figure that sits thanks to Hasbro. This will cost me $400 for 20 figures, but its worth it given the look. Best of all the local TRU 5 minutes away is stocking the entire line here in little old Adelaide Australia which for a change means I do not have to ship in from the USA.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 pm

The Burp MG is really easy to make ;)
I take one of those German sub MGs that come with the DAK commander or with the German Para Major or even with the D Day German 2 pack and I cut off the clip, then file a slot in toward the barrel from underneath, then I cut off about 3/16 " off of the German bread box, file it even - this makes the drum magazine and glue it into the slot on the sub MG. I should post pic.s of this and will the next time I make a dozen of them ;) :) 8) Da General

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat May 17, 2008 8:17 pm

General Blasto wrote:The Burp MG is really easy to make ;)
I take one of those German sub MGs that come with the DAK commander or with the German Para Major or even with the D Day German 2 pack and I cut off the clip, then file a slot in toward the barrel from underneath, then I cut off about 3/16 " off of the German bread box, file it even - this makes the drum magazine and glue it into the slot on the sub MG. I should post pic.s of this and will the next time I make a dozen of them ;) :) 8) Da General
I think the SMG is a Beretta. Do you mean you cut a slice off of the gas mask cannisters?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 8:46 pm

hm.....i don't have many Barettas. Any ideas what else i can use for the gun? I like the gas mask case for the ammo drum idea.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 am

Ok, you talked me into it :wink:
I'll make some more today and show you how I do it 8)

Da General

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun May 18, 2008 9:54 am

finally found a couple of russian soldiers. Not bad....very usable. I've been waiting 7 1/2 years for russian troops so i'm pretty pleased.

I have given these first ones the designation '2 of 30'.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

How to make a Burp gun

Post by General Blasto » Sun May 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I just posted a quick post in the Customs forum on "How to make a quick Russian burp gun" :wink: It has pictures and a step by step guide on how I made them 8) Da General

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Out of Stock Online

Post by dandaman » Sun May 18, 2008 4:43 pm

German soldiers are going out of stock online (at Walmart.com)...what's next the truck?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9134989

Save some for me!!!

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 pm

The truck already doesn't show up when searching TRU's website. Though I'm not certain it was ever available there.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Rarity

Post by dandaman » Sun May 18, 2008 5:12 pm

I have a question about IJ figures. When the newer waves come out, will figures like the German soldier and Russian soldier be a rarity?

In other words, are we doing the right thing by collecting/hoarding figures now, instead of waiting 5-6 months for that $2.99 each sale? Will they even be available then? Will we be kicking ourselves for not buying more when we had the chance?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:15 pm

that's a really good question dandaman.
when the next waves come out i hope they still have the older waves to.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:39 pm

It's always a crap shoot to buy now or wait and try to buy later cheaper...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Rarity

Post by topnotch97 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:47 pm

dandaman wrote:I have a question about IJ figures. When the newer waves come out, will figures like the German soldier and Russian soldier be a rarity?

In other words, are we doing the right thing by collecting/hoarding figures now, instead of waiting 5-6 months for that $2.99 each sale? Will they even be available then? Will we be kicking ourselves for not buying more when we had the chance?
i dunno. since they're movie figures, expect movie related figures to come and go.

i'm not seeing them as like long term toy line, like Star Wars or even GI Joe or anything like Transformers.

maybe, just maybe. but then again, who knows.

i just buy them if i want them. like the Russian soldiers, i got 4 of them right now.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 19, 2008 12:25 am

Hasbro's claiming that Indiana Jones as a toy line and license is something they are going to produce for the long-haul. But here's some food for thought...

The line's being headed up by the same team that handles Hasbro's largest license, Star Wars. Star wars is running now since 1995's return of the basic action figures, and it's 2008. That's pretty well unheard of in the toy industry these days save for a handful of mainstays (girl's lines aside, which tend to have more "staying power"). The Star Wars license also runs till 2018, and Hasbro's actually doing better now with it than they were 6 years ago... Go figure.

Anyway, it's not unheard of for Hasbro to phase another brand into another license. In the toy world, for some reason, Star Wars and Indiana Jones have sort of gone together... Maybe it's because George Lucas created both stories, or because Harrison Ford's involved with both... Whatever it is though, there has been demand for an Indiana Jones line since as far back as I can recall, and that's a while now. I'd not be shocked to see, as the current film's mystique wears down, Indy figures mixed into the basic Star Wars line... A case of SW figures with maybe two Indy figures mixed in here and there.

I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen, or that I've heard anything to imply that's rumored to be the case, I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked... They already mix some other licenses into their Titaniums line of 3" die-cast vehicles/ships.

I can tell you that they likely paid a pretty red cent for the license to IJ, as there were a number of companies vying for it I've heard, so you can likely count on it hanging around a while. So far, it's doing pretty well by my estimation too... That's not hard numbers, but I know my local WM has sold through deluxe at least 5 times now, and they've restocked pegs with basic figures 10 times or more since launch. There's no $20 vehicles to be found anywhere either.

If you want a litmus test for popularity, one needn't look any further than to see the more expensive items are simply moving out the door... Vehicles, gone. $10 deluxe figures, gone. Basic figures are plentiful and move quicker/get restocked faster generally, and around me they too are moving and new stuff comes in every week to take its place, and then it too moves pretty steadily. Some early pegwarmers, but that's the norm with any toy line.

To me, if you really like it you should buy it... Don't wait to buy a truck on clearance if you like it, just buy it. Don't wait to get a German cycle for $5, just buy it for $10.... unless you don't think much of it... Then hey, who can blame you for waiting, right? Just don't be shocked if it's not there for you to pick up.

So far for me, Russian grunts aren't overly common. I'm sure more will ship, so I'm not concerned, but I'm nabbing them here and there if I see them and have the cash. They're good figures for the most part, so I'm pretty happy to shell out some cash on the line right now. I'll pass on anything I find mediocre like "whip action" Indy, or Mutt Williams figures which are abundant.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 19, 2008 1:48 am

i would buy now the bare minimum you think you would want and if they go on sale at some point get some more to pad your reserves.

Keep in mind that this may well be the one and only chance we ever have to get russian soldier figures.

By the way, why are there TWO Mutt Williams figures? Like one isn't bad enough? I'm going to get some of the T shirt wearing Mutts only because it looks like me, when i was younger. The actor doesn't look like me but the figure does. Is it wrong to get a 1/18 action figure of yourself? :lol:

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 am

I wonder why they didn't make a russian 2 pack :?:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 am

aferguson wrote: By the way, why are there TWO Mutt Williams figures? Like one isn't bad enough? I'm going to get some of the T shirt wearing Mutts only because it looks like me, when i was younger. The actor doesn't look like me but the figure does. Is it wrong to get a 1/18 action figure of yourself? :lol:
Andrew "Mutt" Ferguson may have to change his avatar now that we know the TRUTH! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 am

aferguson wrote:Is it wrong to get a 1/18 action figure of yourself? :lol:
Most certainly not! After all, TKO211 has an action figure of himself in the new 21c Vietnam line. There's also a reason why I personally like the "Ace" figure from the old GI Joe lineup, with his red hair and all :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by dandaman » Mon May 19, 2008 5:02 pm

aferguson wrote:Keep in mind that this may well be the one and only chance we ever have to get russian soldier figures.
Thanks a lot. You just had to say that, didn't you? Now I have to rev up my spending engine once again...thanks a lot.