All-Go! Toys - New 1:18 player JAGDPANTHER ANNOUNCED!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

call me stupid (or whatever) but I'll gladly fork out a benji for the King Tiger.

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

I won't buy the "Passion Wagon" because I already have the olive drab BBI P-51 "Old Crow" which cost about $49.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm surprised that only Small Joes is offering the Passion Wagon preorder so far.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 pm

the ferrari transporter doesn't really interest me at all, thankfully. When in my late 20's and early 30's i was into racing cars big time. So i've started looking at some of the recent 1/18 releases of cars from that era. The AEG Sauber Mercedes is my first. I want the Castrol Jaguar xjr-9 and the Stuck Audi GTO as well. The Sunstar Lancia Stratos looks pretty decent too.

I'm not much into racing anymore but these cars bring back a lot of fond memories for me...

I just wish somebody made seated driver figures. I'd like to put drivers behind the wheel of some of these cars but there's just nothing available.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

?

Post by parrish333 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 pm

So are the new All-Go products being manufactured in the US, or is the company just US-based with all factory work still done in China?

If actually made in the US, I think that would completely answer why $100. If not, I think they're just setting expectations for new molds down the line, based on smaller production runs and higher QC / more detail (let's hope!).

But yes, nobody likes to pay double for essentially the same product. The truth is though, it always comes back to supply and demand. If from the very beginning it had always been low production #s and higher prices, I'd have ended up buying 4 items a year @ $100 ea. as opposed to 8 items a year @ $50 ea. They're obviously hoping to reset expectations for consumers like me. JSI seems to have somewhat been able to have already done that with their Corsair, Lightning, and Tiger re-releases.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Thinking about this whole situation with some clear divisions already becoming clear amongst some of us (which is perfectly normal). I hope our relationship with TKO doesn't go weird. Just hope we can keep this all neutral, after all. TKO is just the messenger. I know it can get pretty heated around here (skyworks lottery anyone?) but hopefully we can keep TKO "with us" while still having him perform his role as ALLGO rep to this board. Just hope the suits at ALLGO don't make him do cheap thrill publicity stuff to "keep us interested". So TKO...as one guy talking to another guy.....please keep it real!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:43 pm

It looks like I'm in the minority here but price does not matter to me. What matters more is the item and to a lesser extent its quality.

I would much rather buy 2 special $100 Mustangs than buy 8 from Walmart @$25 each. If it takes them to be sold at $100 for All-Go to make money so be it. Hell, $300 for a Tony is a much better deal for me than purchasing 8 $35 Spitfires from Wal-Mart!!!

These are not the type of items that are ideal for hoarding because of their size and cost...even though many of us have actually done this because of evil Wal-Mart and their business practices.

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Gang,

Your points are all valid.

I'm not sure how Corey came up with the price point for the PW or the release date. Maybe he has some sort of inside info the rest of us aren't privy to or is perhaps simply speculating. We have yet to receive any detail/price information from All-Go Toys. That said, perhaps the $100.00 per unit will be less when everything is said and done. Let's hope so.

The fact that they are going after the adult collector demographic rather than the already done mass-market route means less items will be produced and higher prices will be needed to make up for production costs.

Figuring out what's an appropriate price point for a 1:18 scale bird is very interesting considering how collectors often pay $100.00+ for 1/72, 1/48, etc. (even "1:144" scale) aircraft?

Just my 2 cents... :?
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Jay wrote:Thinking about this whole situation with some clear divisions already becoming clear amongst some of us (which is perfectly normal). I hope our relationship with TKO doesn't go weird. Just hope we can keep this all neutral, after all. TKO is just the messenger. I know it can get pretty heated around here (skyworks lottery anyone?) but hopefully we can keep TKO "with us" while still having him perform his role as ALLGO rep to this board. Just hope the suits at ALLGO don't make him do cheap thrill publicity stuff to "keep us interested". So TKO...as one guy talking to another guy.....please keep it real!
Don't worry about me. Folks here know that I have and will always be a fan first. It's actually part of the reason why All-Go contacted me. I get to be that limbo guy that sits somewhere in between and walks the tightrope. But I'm good at balancing and I don't tend to usually get weird about anything.

Like everyone else here, I just want to see the hobby continue. I am also a fan of keeping things as real as I can. Obviously, at times I am going to be bound to secrecy on certain subjects or timing of news announcements. But I promise to not go overboard or use the info to dangle any needless carrots.

Right now details are foggy on some things and clearer on some others. Personally, I think we are going to need to give All-Go a little breathing room to get some stuff under their belts. Things will hopefully get up to speed after the first 3-4 releases. They know people want that KT. As well as other items. We are going to need to be a little patient and understanding, knowing that this is not going to be the same deal as 21C. In some ways for the better and in some ways we will miss the advantages of 25.00 Wal-Mart sales.

All said, I am optimistic about it's future and I think they can accomplish some cool things if we give them the chance. It's certainly a building year in 2010, they have a good strategy with some impressive goals.

As for me, I'm still TKO. Management at All-Go doesn't expect me to be anything other than myself which is nice. ;)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote:Hi Gang,

I'm not sure how Corey came up with the price point for the PW or the release date. Maybe he has some sort of inside info the rest of us aren't privy to or is perhaps simply speculating. We have yet to receive any detail/price information from All-Go Toys. That said, perhaps the $100.00 per unit will be less when everything is said and done. Let's hope so.

The fact that they are going after the adult collector demographic rather than the already done mass-market route means less items will be produced and higher prices will be needed to make up for production costs.

Figuring out what's an appropriate price point for a 1:18 scale bird is very interesting considering how collectors often pay $100.00+ for 1/72, 1/48, etc. (even "1:144" scale) aircraft?

Still too early, we spoke about this today on a quick call and it looks like 100.00 is going to be the higher retail price for hobby shops and such who only carry 4-8 at a time. Typical vendor orders will yield a lower retail price point closer to the 79.99 mark or so. Again- this is all still being worked out and final numbers are just about ready. ETA is looking like April if all the QC process and final product checks go smooth.

Unfortunately there is simply no other way to produce 1:18 planes for less than the 79.99 mark (unless it was a komet or something like that). With Mass retail out of the picture and running shorter limited runs this is what the pricing will be like going forward. I'm ok with the price point knowing what it takes to make it work for both the manufacturer and the retailers.

At least All-Go plans to provide some superior service and include plans for any defective product. That's a good step in the right direction.

All for now. Hope that helps.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote:Hi Gang,

Still too early, we spoke about this today on a quick call and it looks like 100.00 is going to be the higher retail price for hobby shops and such who only carry 4-8 at a time. Typical vendor orders will yield a lower retail price point closer to the 79.99 mark or so. Again- this is all still being worked out and final numbers are just about ready. ETA is looking like April if all the QC process and final product checks go smooth.

Unfortunately there is simply no other way to produce 1:18 planes for less than the 79.99 mark (unless it was a komet or something like that). With Mass retail out of the picture and running shorter limited runs this is what the pricing will be like going forward. I'm ok with the price point knowing what it takes to make it work for both the manufacturer and the retailers.

At least All-Go plans to provide some superior service and include plans for any defective product. That's a good step in the right direction.

All for now. Hope that helps.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Sooooooooooo, TKO, we'll all feel better if you just post your home phone and address so we can get to you to demand an answer to every question we have. We need your address so we can just drop by whenever we feel like it. :roll:

We promise not to call, say between 3AM and 6AM, so you can get some sleep, but we will need coffee ready when we drop by, and maybe some donuts. 8)

Sorry, only kidding........I couldn't resist, after reading some of the stuff I've been reading on this board. Most of us really appreciate what info you can get for us...

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

SGT. ODDBALL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. ODDBALL » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:33 am

i agree. kudos to you for fielding a barrage of questions by us lunatics. thanks for taking the time.

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote: Figuring out what's an appropriate price point for a 1:18 scale bird is very interesting considering how collectors often pay $100.00+ for 1/72, 1/48, etc. (even "1:144" scale) aircraft?

I agree 100%, can't believe the prices on some of the micro scale stuff

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote: I'm not sure how Corey came up with the price point for the PW or the release date. Maybe he has some sort of inside info the rest of us aren't privy to or is perhaps simply speculating.
We have a wholesale price for the bird, as well as a suggested retail price (which is quite a bit higher than our asking price). I would just suggest pro-actively contacting All Go! to get the latest info. I think they are in the very early stages of organizing things, so it is hard to tell what is going on.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I would be more interested in paying the 100 dollars for the first issue if were a different bird. Like someone mentioned the P-40, if it were in an Australian scheme maybe or a notable Russian one.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 pm

I really hope someone at some point makes a new P-40 mould. Preferably a later model like an E or a N.

Aside from the first edition P-51, the current P-40 mould is probably the most primitive in 1:18.

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm

Here are a few more photos from the manufacturer of the "Passion Wagon" for those that have not seen them. Cheers!

http://store.foxholetoys.com/52atopmupwa.html
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Yup, it's a Mustang...... :wink:

I will say it looks nice though. I just hope they come down from their initial $100 price point. I would like to support them but can't afford those prices.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote:Here are a few more photos from the manufacturer of the "Passion Wagon" for those that have not seen them. Cheers!

http://store.foxholetoys.com/52atopmupwa.html
1st of four Nudie Cuties? Any ideas on the next 3?

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Well, now one question answered.

The question of "limited production". 3200 pieces available worldwide.

I would guess, AG being a new company, that we would see no more production if sales of this P-51 goes in the crapper........ and then this plane really becomes rare. :wink: ..... and expensive for collectors.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Nice pics. I assume this is a diecast model and not an actual sample? Just curious as the pics represent an early D tail. I was under the impression they were using the standard "updated" mold they used on Old Crow, etc.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:09 am

I'm going to do my best to come up with the cash to get one. We've got plenty of warning time to scrape up the money.

I'll just say it's probably the last and best 1:18 P-51D I'll ever buy.

But hey, there's still plenty of P-51 B/C's to do, and it was in the pipe before 21st's demise...I'm hoping.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

heiss66
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by heiss66 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am

I'm going after this one. Would be cool if there is a collection of four nude babes. How cool would that flight line be.

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:05 pm

I'll pass on "Passion Wagon", but I'm glad to see that the 1/18 model sector isn't dead.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!