4 for Victory Prize??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Still waiting.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:23 pm

Cool plane looks great and will be the centerpiece if my collection. Not sure if I want to open this one due to exclusivity-but I am moving soon so i will at least wait until after that.
Thank you 21st C Toys-for a great looking plane and the Aces contest.
Todd

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:37 pm

Still waiting. :(

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:35 pm

I just noticed today that the Mustang pilot has one black and one brown shoe. :lol: :roll:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: xd

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:18 am

kevrut wrote:I just noticed today that the Mustang pilot has one black and one brown shoe. :lol: :roll:
One black and one brown shoe? LOL Mine has the same shoes thank god but I'm going to use an extra BBI Mustang pilot in my stash to replace him anyway. I noticed that the cockpit floor dont have the wood grain feature in my Tender Terror. Other then that she's a beauty.

I'm really looking forward to Old Crow in her NMF scheme next!

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:17 pm

Well I'm happy for all those who receive their aircraft, but it looks like I'm not going to be receiving mine. I am upset? No. Am I disappointed? Not really. I couldn't find all the 190's I needed until late in the contest, and by the time I had them there was just a couple days left until the posted final entry date. I e-mailed 21st asking if I could still enter, using the postmark date as proof, and I never heard back so I assumed it was too late. But I then noticed 21st still had the promotion advertised on their website for two or three weeks after the announced closing date, so I went ahead and sent in my materials, while at the same time sending 21st two additional e-mails asking about the contest end date and application deadline. Never received any replies, or for that matter haven't heard anything from them concerning the contest at all.

So I will have to consider my entries were tossed, or ignored, or maybe lost. I appreciate 21st bringing accurate 1:18 to market, and I will probably continue to purchase their products which I find interesting (and can actually locate on the shelves), but for me, this is just another in a continuing story of dissapointments, mis-information, and questionable business that has been a feature of 21st since their first products many years ago.

This is just my opinion, I'm not stating this to start any dispute, just wanted to state my thoughts.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:30 pm

Still waiting. :cry: :evil:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Release the doves the Tender Terror has arrived!! :D :D The plane looks fantastic . But the figure wow. :shock: He looks mad angry and upset with a pair of googaly eyes. One of the pupils looks like it is on his cheeck bone. Good thing that he is not 6' tall or I think that I would have trouble sleeping at night. I think the eye is moving . The eye is following me as I walk across the floor. I think that I need to change to decaf. :shock:
OK I will stop. Didn't you guys say that these are numbered? I can not find any on the certificate.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:30 pm

So am I the last one to still not have mine yet? I am trying to be patient, but I haven't had an update since the friendly call from UPS last Thursday.

What I wanted to say when they were telling me everything that I already knew, "That's nice. But why are you talking to me instead of having it on a truck already?!"

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:03 am

Hello Plane Nuts,
Is your name Sammy Finely ? Because that is the second name on my box. With mine as well :shock: It is the second label that came from Tallahassee. Is this some kind of SNAFU :?:

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:54 am

No, that's the person in charge of shipping at 21st. As best I can tell, mine was never in New Orleans(or Tallahassee)! :lol:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:08 am

flayrah wrote:Well I'm happy for all those who receive their aircraft, but it looks like I'm not going to be receiving mine. I am upset? No. Am I disappointed? Not really. I couldn't find all the 190's I needed until late in the contest, and by the time I had them there was just a couple days left until the posted final entry date. I e-mailed 21st asking if I could still enter, using the postmark date as proof, and I never heard back so I assumed it was too late. But I then noticed 21st still had the promotion advertised on their website for two or three weeks after the announced closing date, so I went ahead and sent in my materials, while at the same time sending 21st two additional e-mails asking about the contest end date and application deadline. Never received any replies, or for that matter haven't heard anything from them concerning the contest at all.

So I will have to consider my entries were tossed, or ignored, or maybe lost. I appreciate 21st bringing accurate 1:18 to market, and I will probably continue to purchase their products which I find interesting (and can actually locate on the shelves), but for me, this is just another in a continuing story of dissapointments, mis-information, and questionable business that has been a feature of 21st since their first products many years ago.

This is just my opinion, I'm not stating this to start any dispute, just wanted to state my thoughts.
Did someone finally contact you to say you won’t be getting one? Sounds like someone over there has some explaining to do. :?

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 pm

No, I haven't heard anything. Thanks for asking. :( As of now, I've been told by a 21st spokesperson, although not actually an employee of 21st, that's it's being 'looked into', but so far it's been about three weeks of 'looking'. Have not heard one word about this from 21st, not from the first time I e-mailed them when the contest was still in effect.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 am

flayrah wrote:No, I haven't heard anything. Thanks for asking. :( As of now, I've been told by a 21st spokesperson, although not actually an employee of 21st, that's it's being 'looked into', but so far it's been about three weeks of 'looking'. Have not heard one word about this from 21st, not from the first time I e-mailed them when the contest was still in effect.
Dude that sucks that your going through all of this. Either you won one or not and its funny 21st hasnt contacted you yet about the problem. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon. Hang in there buddy.

:?

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:12 am

pickelhaube wrote:Release the doves the Tender Terror has arrived!! :D :D The plane looks fantastic . But the figure wow. :shock: He looks mad angry and upset with a pair of googaly eyes. One of the pupils looks like it is on his cheeck bone. Good thing that he is not 6' tall or I think that I would have trouble sleeping at night. I think the eye is moving . The eye is following me as I walk across the floor. I think that I need to change to decaf. :shock:
OK I will stop. Didn't you guys say that these are numbered? I can not find any on the certificate.

If you look on the certificate under the 4-Victory Promotional Aircraft heading it should have a date stamped on it. Mine was 12/20/06. I guess thats when I was logged into the books as an Ace and my Mustang was recorded. I dont know if the Mustangs are numbered so to speak. You would have to ask tko about that.

:)

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:53 am

For all those of you that have been asking, an update. I have not heard anything about my Victory prize from 21st or the rep who told me he will 'look into it'. If I'm not getting the model for whatever reason that I can understand but I don't know why they won't come out and tell me what's going on. Not only is that bad business in my opinion, but it's simply rude. Maybe everyone has been busy and after ToyFair I will hear something.
Last edited by flayrah on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 am

flayrah,

PM tko. He might be able to help out in some way. I feel for ya.

:(

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Who was the rep?

I was in contact with Sammy Findlay about getting a replacement door for my TBM on 1/31.
No response since.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:38 pm

You guys might want to be patient with 21st for a few more weeks. I haven't heard anything on my Tender Terror in almost two weeks, but then I know that the folks trying to work it out were kinda busy with a little thing called Toy Fair!! 21st is a small business, and they have to have priorities. I would bet you wouldn't even be able to get a response out of Hasbro at this time of year, either.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:05 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Release the doves the Tender Terror has arrived!! :D :D
Sorry Pickel, I had to quote you!!! And sorry to dredge up old memories, but on Friday I finally got a Tender Terror!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

I say A Tender Terror, because it wasn't my original one...we still don't know where that one is (keep watching those auctions, boys!!). It was clearly a leftover, as the box was a little ragged (much like what you would find on a WalMart shelf after a month. But it was unopened, and unharmed.

So I am happy to say that I am glad that ordeal is over with, and I know that mine will always be mine....there's no way I could sell it as it is!! :?

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Plane Nuts wrote: but on Friday I finally got a Tender Terror!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D
Sweet! Glad it worked out. :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:46 am

Hello Plane Nuts,
No problem. I am happy for you. No doubt that if I were in your shoes I to would be madder than a hornet. I am glad everything worked out. A mangled box is better than no box at all. :D :D :D

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:18 am

Many congrats on finally receiving the plane. At least now you can open it and marvel at it put together.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:55 pm

I am glad you finally got one! :D

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:21 pm

Cool. You finally got one. Glad to hear everything worked out for ya.

:wink: