POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 am

Got two of the new U.S. Sniper figs for $3 each at my wal-mart. Looks like they are dumping all the 21st stuff. Going back tonight to grab more figs as they were marked $4 but rang up $3. Didn't have time to run back for more when I checked out.
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 am

picked up platoon figures for $1.00 each - also picked up the starwars figures with the little plastic figure for $1.00 each at a WM in Atlanta.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 am

Any of you guys that are finding discounted 1/18 figures and would want to trade, PM me or email me: [email protected]

Looking for the US Sniper, .30cal MG or VN figs - but open to anything you find.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm

21st XD figures still full price around here.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 pm

yet so find the 30 cal machine gunner or sniper - so i have some platoon figures to trade

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 am

I was just at my local Wal................and nothing 21st. The entire department has been restocked and not one product from 21st. This is not s good thing. :roll:

Panzer
Corporal
Corporal

XD

Post by Panzer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:45 pm

My local Walmart restocked with the Platoon XD figures and have some of the Wehrmacht coated guys. They also have a bunch of 32x tanks & planes, 1/144 planes and some of the 32x diorama sets.

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Is this an error package or some a$$hole taking the Wermacht figures and replacing it with something else. I was at a WM in Houston and there were four like this. I looked at the package and it looked perfect, just the way it left China. If is was repackaged, the perp did one heck of a job on them.

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Link did not work. Here it is on my PB account.
Sorry for the quality.

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:16 pm

acisne wrote:Link did not work. Here it is on my PB account.
Sorry for the quality.
I am pretty sure that is a PTE figure that someone has swapped out. Funny that someone would put so much effort into swapping packaging. Their time must not be worth much. :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Not trying to rip on the avg smarts of the WM employee, BUT there is a picture of the soldier that is suppose to be inside the card and from 10 miles away you can tell that PTE fig is NOT the German soldier!

Olifant, you are right. That guy's time must mean nothing to him.

I am Razor and I approve of this message...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:29 pm

When that sort of thing happens in my area - and it does - the schmucks usually just cut a slit in the plastic, take the figure, and leave the rest hanging. I've only seen it with Star Wars figures, though. No one even touches the XD figures.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 am

Honestly you can't blame employees... First they're paid minimum wage usually, but more than that, a figure in a package is a figure in a package. They hardly can fathom that someone would take something that costs $5, open it carefully, and then carefully recard something else just to get the figure out of it... $5's chump change these days.

Stuff like this makes sense when it's a $40 toy with a figure in it you want and not the rest of the toy... It's not right but it still makes more sense. A $5 figure though? Man, that's just lameness.

I'd take the figure to the front desk and let them know this toy was stolen and replaced with something cheaper, and that it shouldn't be on the pegs. That hurts their impression of the line in general when they see that figure linger on for months on end.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:46 am

I have shown employees when items are switched or missing. They usually say thank you and put them back on the shelf. Unfortunately they don't and and I think they make a fair amount over min wage.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:34 am

I've run into that switch-a-roo scheme several times and have brought it to a WM employee's attention. Don't know whether they put the item back on the shelf though.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 pm

a couple of WM had Platoon figures on Clearance for a long time - and now suddenly full pegs of new platoon figures - and they are not the ones that were on clearance - I bought them all - just seems funny -

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:14 am

The perp is at it again. I stopped by, as I also collect Maisto 1/18 bikes, and there were more switched.

Like it has been said, this guy (or gal to be PC) has way too much time on their hand. Get a job, and you will make more than the 5 buck you save by doing this.

I am still dumbfounded at how good of a job was done. I guess that I usually tear the package open in the parking lot and never cared at how much damage I do to the packaging.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm

WM cashiers start at $8.25 or so... Saw signs about a month ago when they were on a hiring blitz for some reason. That's only $1 over the minimum I believe(?) right now. I think night stockers make less since they're not required to have customer service training and things. I'm pretty sure they work for minimum but I could be wrong. I'm sure daytime stockers dont' make more than cashiers though unless they're the dept. manager.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:42 pm

immeww2 wrote:I've run into that switch-a-roo scheme several times and have brought it to a WM employee's attention. Don't know whether they put the item back on the shelf though.
there is someone In Fayetteville GA who hits the Target and does a good switch on marvel figures and the FOV figures - replaces them with powerforce - I counted 9 switched packages on the pegs. Well done too.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 pm

I got yet another DAK 2-pack at a WM for $5. That makes 3 2-packs for $5 and 3 for $3.50 now that I've managed. About half/half DAK and D-Day... Very cool. Wish I'd found a massive stash of the German/American D-Day set for $3.50 though. That's a damn good infantry army building set.

Regardless though, lots of good stuff.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 am

I've been to three walmarts in my AO and none are carrying 21st Century products.
Dual-Packs...ha, there is no such thing!.... :wink: These Dual-Packs remind me of the XD Avenger, Atlantic paint scheme which never made it to the ATLANTIC/East Coast. :roll:

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Went to the Independance Mo.Walmart yesterday. I don't usually go to it. So I was surprised to see they had some dual paks. I was even more surprised that I found them in the clearnce isle marked down to $2.00. There were 3 Vietnam and 2 DAK. These are the only dual paks I have found in the KC area. No D-day sets though.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Took long enough but I finally found some of the figures with the bent legs and the sitting machine gunner. Didn't think I was ever going to see any. Thats how long it takes for anything to make to the WM's in my neck of the woods.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Convinced the family to stop at a Wal Mart in Los Banos, CA while on a day trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Not much in the way of anything - a few Platoon & D-Day figures, 32x artillery sets and a couple 32x Bf-109s.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 am

I think most of us that can't find any XD in there walmarts would really appreciate some UPC #'s. or SKU #'s. oh yeah please...