POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm

There were a few Platoon figures left, about 4 or 5. It looked like they had just put out the new figures.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Platoon Figures

Post by dandaman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Stug, seriously. You are so right. The Platoon figures are rotting on the pegs of every single WalMart in my area. Can someone get the hint that these were a bad idea?

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:06 pm

The S2 D-Day figures with the tanned skin and light uniforms were an even worse idea :wink: Only two stores in my area even have the Platoon figures and it is about a set or two of those four figures.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Platoon Figures

Post by holensock » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:29 pm

dandaman wrote:Stug, seriously. You are so right. The Platoon figures are rotting on the pegs of every single WalMart in my area. Can someone get the hint that these were a bad idea?
I thought the same thing...until I bought a set and opened them. Pretty cool soldiers!... I then went back and bought another set...now I only hope 21C will surprise us with a set of 6 of the enemy for these guys to fight!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Yup.

Post by dandaman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Holensock, I totally agree with you there. We need VC and NVA...and there should even be a female VC with conical hat.

Stug45

Re: Yup.

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:01 pm

dandaman wrote:Holensock, I totally agree with you there. We need VC and NVA...and there should even be a female VC with conical hat.
That would be awesome if they made those figs.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Idea

Post by dandaman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Stug, thanks for your agreement.

As we have witnessed with the canvas-topped Indy truck, these companies do listen to the buyers if they show solidarity.

Why can't we come together as a group and vote on a monthly figure that everyone wants? We have to come to a unanimous decision though. From month to month, we post our favorite idea for a figure in a central place. Then, when the companies are looking for popular (good sell) figures, they look in one place and see 12 (a year's worth) of sure-fire figures.

But here's the catch. They can't be your typical GI or German requests. We have to be more creative than that. I'm talking about very specific, not common ideas. Like, a female VC with conical hat. Or a WWII desert Italian. Or an 8th Army British guy.

I wouldn't want it to deteriorate into "we need another US Normandy guy" or "how about another grey-uniformed German". That would be pointless. This is for the true collector who wants to diversify their historical range of figures.

What do you think?

grunt1

Re: Yup.

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:40 pm

dandaman wrote:Holensock, I totally agree with you there. We need VC and NVA...and there should even be a female VC with conical hat.
Like this? :D

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Dude.

Post by dandaman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Dude...I'm speechless.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:32 pm

Found the three new D-Day figures at the East Peoria Walmart today.

Ray

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Hopefully soon, the new figures will be all over the country 8)

Da General

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:06 am

I did a recon over at WM in Castleberry last night and found a handful of suntan Germans, no new figures - yet, but I walked off with a half dozen Fritzs and a couple officers for transplants/upgrades. The nice thing was there was no Baboon figures there :P Da General

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:46 am

Walmart here reduced figure 2-packs to $7.00. Vietnam, DAK, D-Day

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 pm

General Blasto wrote:I did a recon over at WM in Castleberry last night and found a handful of suntan Germans, no new figures - yet, but I walked off with a half dozen Fritzs and a couple officers for transplants/upgrades. The nice thing was there was no Baboon figures there :P Da General
Hey General i have not been to that one in about 2 months :(

was there any new indy figs??
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:47 am

Just got back from the wm on east colonial they were stocking the two dak figs artillery crewman & machine gunner, & bruno bauer figures.

I picked up 8 of the bruno bauer figs i left 3. didn't get any dak figs.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:05 am

Hey Stug,
Wow they restocked fast :o I bought 8 Brunos and a couple each of the DAK spotter and MGer.s just yesterday. If we keep wiping out the WM.s of these figures, perhaps the new ones will soon follow 8) Da General

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17 am

Hey General what time did you go yesterday? i was there around 11 today there was a guy stocking them i asked him if they had anymore he said no this was all they had, so hopefully the next shipment will have the new figs :)

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:36 pm

We can only hope Stug ;)
I believe I was there in the late afternoon. BTW you had asked if I saw any new IJ figures. I have not other than seeing the young indy and indy with the MP-40 way back when they were first announced, and that was at the WM down south of Sand Lake Rd next to I-4.

We have alot of Evil bay sellers that wipe out many of the WMs and TRUs around here in Orlando. It's hard to find anything now a days unless your standing there while they put out the stock.

BTW. Given any thought about getting together with 75th Ranger and meeting somewhere around town ??? I tried PMing you about it :roll: It would be good to meet and join forces 8)

Da General

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:31 am

All 1/6 Gun sets, 1/18 figures and 1/32 Airplanes, tanks & Playsets all maked down today and moved to the clearence section. The spot for all the 21st stuff is gone.....now it is Hanna Montana. :cry:

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:42 pm

D*mn Havana Bannana :evil: :x :evil:

GB

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Tambo wrote:All 1/6 Gun sets, 1/18 figures and 1/32 Airplanes, tanks & Playsets all maked down today and moved to the clearence section. The spot for all the 21st stuff is gone.....now it is Hanna Montana. :cry:
I wonder if all the wms are going to rid of 21st items?

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:52 pm

I don't think so Stug.
A couple of the WMs I've been to down here said that they are going to reset the whole toy dept., but said they weren't getting rid of the 21st items, esp. the 1/18 figures. Told me to check back in a couple weeks. That was a week ago. I'ce also seen the plan-a-gram sheets hanging in a WM over here by me and it shows 3 hooks for 1/18th military figures 8) Don't give up, it's only a reset :) Da General

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Platoon Figures

Post by dandaman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey Blasto, while you're at it, could you buy up the rest of the Platoon figures? Thanks!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 am

Naw, I'll pass on that one :lol:
I already bought a dozen of them to chop off their heads and the pegs too small, besides they're too orangey colored for me. I'll talk to Wally world and see if they'll send 'em over to ya in Texas :twisted: :P Da General