POST ALL 21ST CENTURY TOYS R US FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:58 pm

TRU in my A.O. has the new carded 1/32 DAK, Italians, British Firefly, many A.C., 1/144 dual packs, 1/48? Tanks, 1/18 Pak Hanomag, 1/18 Otto, DAK figures. Make that they had Otto! This is one sweet figure. VERY, VERY well done camo pattern. :D

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Normandy, was it this one?

-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:08 pm

My TRU finally got some stuff in. As far as 21st stuff they had about 10 of the Pak-40 Hanomags, 6 or 7 of the plain olive drab Fireflys and sets A and B of the DAK and Italian 32x troops. they didn't get any of the 32X mustangs in sadly but had a whole bunch of 1/6 weapons packs. Why do they still make those things?

They did get in a lot more 1:32 FOV stuff. they had quite a few Stuarts, Lees and Stug IIIs. Also a bunch of the 1:72 FOV non-vehicle packs.
I grabbed the yellow Italian front Stug which will look great next to my BotB Stug.

Also picked up the The cool new Otto and the DAK guys. Do these DAK figures have the same paint as the WM versions? I can't remember as I sold them all. :P I got both sets of the 32x Italians as well.

I passed on the Pak Hanomag which is BEAUTIFUL because I am officially out of 1:18 scale vehicle and aircraft collecting. But it is sweet!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:55 pm

The TRU at Merrit Island FL, (space coast of florida) has new 21c stuff!
4 Hannomags and assorted other stuff. 2 left as of 1pm today and 2 in a hot little red car speeding away with a big grin....

DH

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:47 am

Rowsdower (or anyone that knows),

Do the S2 DAK bubbas have different head sculpts? Any difference in the uniforms?

Anyone have photos?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:51 am

caesarbc wrote: I didn't see the need to buy the DAK figures as they don't have any vehicles to ride in or enemies to fight.
Au contraire. There are plenty of US troops for the DAK forces to battle in Tunisia. The Germans also have Panzer IV Gs (pull the J model turret armor, paint and viola! G model) and you can fudge an Ausf D Hanomag if you're so inclined.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 am

Only 21st item at my local TRU was one 262, nothing else and not even a place for anything else. At least the AR TRU had some Firefly's and 1/32 figs to go along with the one 262 they had....
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

caesarbc wrote:If 21c reissued some of the Mk IV's then I could get a DAK tank made, but I only have one Mk IV right now and it's busy holding the American's at bay in Normandy. I need reinforcements!......Somebody get OKW on the phone!
:lol:

I think the best bet for a repaint Pzkw IV is to see if there are any RC Panzers lurking about on clearance. Perhaps Ebay might be an option as well. Gut it out and paint it up. As a matter of fact, I need to pull the RC guts out of my DAK Panzer IV. I haven't run it in forever.
-W.C. Fields

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:14 am

Normandy said....

I stopped by the Massapequa TRU and found a number of 1:32nd aircraft P-51's, Me-109's and Me-262's (cool paint scheme on the 262) and 2 1:32 Fire Fly tanks.
A mix of 1:48th Armor and 1:144 aircraft. I also saw 1:6th carded weapons sets , what the hell is that all about?
No 1:18th XD, that just s#*%s...............

What were the 109s, any of the mostly tan ones or the winter version?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:The TRU at Merrit Island FL, (space coast of florida) has new 21c stuff!
4 Hannomags and assorted other stuff. 2 left as of 1pm today and 2 in a hot little red car speeding away with a big grin....

DH
Great to see product filtering down to us FL collectors!

flpickupman wrote:Rowsdower (or anyone that knows),

Do the S2 DAK bubbas have different head sculpts? Any difference in the uniforms?
They appear to be the same head sculpts. I am not sure on the uniforms, I'd like to know that as well.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Well, you can see the S-1 uniforms pretty clearly in my DAK Customs thread in Customs and Mods.
-W.C. Fields

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:52 pm

flpickupman wrote:Well, you can see the S-1 uniforms pretty clearly in my DAK Customs thread in Customs and Mods.
Ok, I'm not the best judge of color but it appears their uniforms are more of a khaki/sand color while the gaitors? laced around the lower legs are a darker olive green. Also all the straps appear to be OD.

Here are some pics, hope they help. I didn't want to take them out of the blister yet but if you would like more detailed pics I can. Seeing the S1 figures I can say that I like these much more.

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Grunt, sorry it took this long to get back to this topic, I'm looking at your pic... this may be yet another camo pattern it looks much lighter( background/base) color then the 3 I have. If you go to the custom part of this site check 251 Zu Fuss by Toyktdlh the fig in the Hano is what I have called the 3rd Otto.
The 1st Otto I found had a redish gloss skin tone, the 2nd DARK tan skin tone, 3rd was the best.
Once more I'm sorry I've got problems with my cam and computer, I've got the damn pics........There are 3 different Ottos!..maybe 4 with Grunts pic.
TKO, Roy....... Could You Help US out?

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:12 am

Anyone gone through a second restock at their local TRU, yet? Shall we expect more of the same for a while- bullfrogs and red b 262s here for example, or maybe princesses and bald eagles, RAF Polish, etc.?

The employee I recently spoke to said they were expecting a truck in today with more 21st stuff, he also bought one of the red B's- this seems much more positive than the average walmart employee...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:48 am

isnt the Otto in toyktdlgh's zu fuss the S2 Otto?
'
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Rowsdower

Re: .

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:01 am

mikeg wrote:Anyone gone through a second restock at their local TRU, yet? Shall we expect more of the same for a while- bullfrogs and red b 262s here for example, or maybe princesses and bald eagles, RAF Polish, etc.?

The employee I recently spoke to said they were expecting a truck in today with more 21st stuff, he also bought one of the red B's- this seems much more positive than the average walmart employee...
I am going to check out TRU again today. I last hit them on Monday. I hope to find the RAF Polish squadron Mustang! Hell I'd probably even buy Bullfrog or Bald Eagle. :shock:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:15 am

aferguson wrote:isnt the Otto in toyktdlgh's zu fuss the S2 Otto?
'
It is the S-2 Otto. As far as i know. It was the first Otto to show up at TRU.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:19 am

Rowsdower wrote:

Awesome! Yes, they are two different colors. The S-1 uniform is more of an olive color, and the leggings are a lighter shade of green as seen below. It looks as though the accesories(pouches, load bearing gear, etc) are colored differently as well. The Afrika Korps sleeve emblem on the coat arm is trimmed in white on the S-1 versus the yellow of the S-2 arm. I immediately put the coats and arms in the parts bin, so I may be remembering incorrectly.

I have 12 S-1 so far. I think I need to add some S-2 bubbas to the unit. 8)

If ever there was a time to release head packs, this would be the time. Lord knows where I'm going to find enough heads to go around. :?

Hafta holler at TKO to see what can be done.

Thanks a lot Rowsdower! :D

I also see a lot of potential for switching leggings/feet or even switching legs between the two series. Two color uniforms were quite common. I need to settle down. I'm getting a little too excited. :lol:
-W.C. Fields

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:41 am

Akers mill TRU did indeed get 2nd shipment in and on the shelf by lunch today; unfortunately just another box of 2 bullfrogs and red B's. Also, the 1/6 ak set and rpg set. Funny thing, they still have the set of 4 fireflys on the shelf in the OD scheme, I prefer the camo scheme I got in kit form, though.

No pak hanomogs or different P-51B/C's or 109s.

digger

recon

Post by digger » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:42 am

Recon at Times Square TRU
1/144 21C Dogfight
1/72 Fov Corsair, Dragon Wagon and Halftrack with figs/gun.
1/32 21C Italians, new DAK 3 packs, Bullfrogs ($23), new 262.
PTE A-10
Bunch of Chap Mei including the Chinook
1/18 21C Pak 40 Hanomag ($34).
1/18 bbi Corsair up to $45 & change, modern guys almost $6, and Paras $9.
No 21C figs left (was told they were there this weekend) and no 25th anniversary Joes although a TON of Viper Pit 6 packs and comic packs.
New AA figs (see new thread).

Also there was a ton of various 1/32 fov figs, vehicles & AC, and bbi 1/18 Nightstalker LBs. Overall nice military selection.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Here are the two latest Otto's side by side. Other than the obvious camo differnce the gaiters are gray on the left figure and the skin is darker. Shouldn't these S2 & S3? The S1 was that weird tan color in the first wave of D-Day figures.

Ray

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:35 pm

flpickupman wrote:Thanks a lot Rowsdower! :D

I also see a lot of potential for switching leggings/feet or even switching legs between the two series. Two color uniforms were quite common. I need to settle down. I'm getting a little too excited. :lol:
Glad to help. I too would like to see some head and helmet packs. I am pleased to see they have corrected the insignia size on the plain Helmet Otto has. The gigantic tri-color and eagle on the series 1 helmets looked a little bizarre!
mikeg wrote:Funny thing, they still have the set of 4 fireflys on the shelf in the OD scheme, I prefer the camo scheme I got in kit form, though.
Same here, there are about 5-6 plain Fireflys. I prefer the camo version that came with my Cobra breakout playset, I'm not sure if the one in the kit is different? If so I may have to locate one.

As for my run to TRU today, there were 5-6 Fireflys, one Otto and two each of the DAK figures and five Pak-Hanomags. As for 1/32 figures, the Italians seem to be selling well, there were three each of set A and B when I got mine yesterday but today there was only one left. The DAK 1/32 guys don't seem to be doing so well however. No aircraft at all sadly. :cry:

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Rmoore, THATS IT ! Those are the 2nd & 3rd series Otto figures. The dark tan skin tone fig I found first at a walmart, then the other fig (on the right ) I found at a TRU so I just called it the series 3 fig.
I've got pics in my camera but problems with the computer.
Thanks Ray, with your help we now can see there are 3 Otto figures. The only problem is trying to find them. :P