New Armor

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:48 pm

I can speak with some authority as to the massive pain in the ass that Wal-Mart is to deal with on a professional level... And obviously that's who 21st is dealing with here. That said, there's still an element of pushing/schmoozing what you want to them too, but without having a lot of places selling the same stuff, well WM has 'em by their pair really. Sucks.

I think real disappointment was minimal over this piece though... At least I didn't get that impression. I think the majority are happy, the minority weren't, and then there was a middle group that liked the piece and didn't like the "It's armor" description of it. I fall into the last category there by the way but far from "disappointment". ;) I'll take a couple of these actually... Just wish I had a truck to tow the damn thing.

12 new figures, eh? Nice.... :) D-Day are still selling and shipping around here. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Armor, artillery, and planes are all secondary to figures... Figures are the line's anchor. Look at any toy line and you need to work upward from pricepoint, not $40 or $50 downward. ;)

Good to hear more figures on the way. I still nab a german infantryman here and there... D-Day U.S. are slim pickin's now though, down to just tankers mostly or whatnot. The riflemen are almost all long gone. Officers are around if you can arm them though.

The Germans and Americans both are lacking a lot of good, basic, armed infantry though save for the DAK guy(s). Tankers galore are here though, blah.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:54 pm

I'll take a couple of these actually... Just wish I had a truck to tow the damn thing.
Me too, anything new and different.

is there not a tow hook on the halftrack? I believe the german halftracks there is a hook but you have to cut out the pin and redrill the hole and make a new pin.

I thought there was a post about doing the hitch? My half tracks are back in the box :D

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:01 pm

If what TKO quoted is true, then we should get someone at the wally world HQ to join this wonderful forum to keep up on collector wants and needs. :shock: :D I can dream, right?
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 pm

I think your dream just went fsssst!!!! WM on this board. :shock: I'd bet my whole XD collection it will never happen.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 pm

:D Your right, I just heard it fizzle by...... :lol:
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Thanks for the info Roy. I will start bugging toy managers tomarrow. :D

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Good to see Roy's response. I'm hoping if the "light" armor is 4 to a box, 2 of them are the 88. And here's really hoping for decent distribution of that case. The distribution of the last halftrack series was absolutely horrid around here.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Looks promising!
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm

Ok let us review what will be commimg out this year.
1. Quad on trailer.
2. Tiger II
3. Pak on Hanomag.

Did I forget to mention that we are still waiting on:
1. Pak 40
2. Stuka Hano
3. Pioneer Hano
4.US with 50 cal.
These have yet to show . But I will forgive you 21st if you make sure we get the Tiger II down here. The rest could line the inside of file 13. If we don't I would be very upset. This whole board would not be worth the time. Am I unhappy ,yes I am. There are other parts of the country that get these beloved XDs and we down here get nada and it is very upsetting. I guess it is time to drink some warm milk and go to bed. The rage is relentless. :cry: :? :evil:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Forgot the 88.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 am

Jesse James wrote:Forgot the 88.
:oops: I was tired . It was late. Still kinda angry :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller