POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 am

I haven't spotted any of the S2 Otto's at WM's yet. All the ones I were able to get were from TRU.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 pm

I saw the S1, S2, S3, and S4 1/32 scale P-51B's at the WM in Springfield IL. (exit 98b) I now understand what the buzz about the "Bullfrog" is about. It looks pretty cool. I didn't buy any, just saw them.

Kevin.

tmanthegreat

Re: xd

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 pm

kevrut wrote:I saw the S1, S2, S3, and S4 1/32 scale P-51B's at the WM in Springfield IL. (exit 98b) I now understand what the buzz about the "Bullfrog" is about. It looks pretty cool. I didn't buy any, just saw them.

Kevin.
I've seen them all at one point or another as well. "Bullfrog" is a cool scheme, and for its simplicity, looks great! I like "Princess" as well, but on the two examples I saw, the tail stripes could have been executed better by the painter in China. I think my overall favorite scheme, however, is the S1 "Bald Eagle."
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 am

I found two WM in my area that are starting their clearance isle. DAK panzer, sherman, king tiger for $11.00. 1/144 dogfight package P-51/262 for $5.00.
Waiting to see if the 1/18 figures are going down in price!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm

The 1/18th figs should go down in price as one of my local WM's clearanced them all out at $4 including the new D-Day figs.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Hit two WMs tonight and all the new 104's and mustangs were on clearance for $39.88!!

one WM had four rows of clearanced toys most of them had the red tags showing the full price - so keep your eyes open for the prices to drop on the 104s if you havnt found one yet.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

GAU-8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by GAU-8 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:58 am

something isnt right.... every walmart i have been to SELLS them for 39.00 BEFORE being put on clearance.

what were they before "clearance"?

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:24 pm

$39.84. :lol:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:31 pm

The only time XD and 32x go on clearence in my AO is when the stuff is broken, and it has to sit in the 21st section broken for a long time. There was a Brummbar at one WM that had been on the shelf for about four months, the plastic window was totally gone and more and more parts ripped off as time went on. It was the only 21st item on the clearence rack and they still wanted ten bucks for it even though the gun barrel and most of the the hatches, wheels and other removable parts were broken off and missing. :roll:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:41 pm

I found and endcap of /18th old crows, chinese and russian migs, laven 104s on sale- the happy face sign said 28.88 instead of 39.84. Fine, if only the members of the local walmart mensa club managed to have that price reflected when the product was scanned. One semi-helpful Sikh cashier, clueless customer service desk, 30 min. of waiting for a manager, and the realization that 9.00pm on a friday night at this walmart is like cinco de mayo at sheriff Joe 'whats his name's illegal alien incarceration camp in Arizona.

Anyway, I got my russian mig for 28.88...

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:46 pm

STUKA wrote:Hit two WMs tonight and all the new 104's and mustangs were on clearance for $39.88!!

one WM had four rows of clearanced toys most of them had the red tags showing the full price - so keep your eyes open for the prices to drop on the 104s if you havnt found one yet.
The red tag doesn't mean clearance just that the item is not going to be carried anymore.

Ray

Rowsdower

Re: .

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:42 pm

mikeg wrote:and the realization that 9.00pm on a friday night at this walmart is like cinco de mayo at sheriff Joe 'whats his name's illegal alien incarceration camp in Arizona.
:lol: :lol: Sounds like one or two of the WalMarts in my AO! To be fair, one of them is like that during the day as well. :roll:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:35 pm

So that's what the red tags mean. Interesting to know that one of my local WM's red tagged all their XD figs and 1/32 stuff. Have to see if they will get anything new.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 am

The WM in Medina, OH, has the XD figures on clearance for $4. Only had 4 'Tanker' figures left. And these were away from the regular aisle on a 4 sided dislpay with a bunch of other clearanced toys.
I checked the reset sheet where the XD figures were and NO mention of ANY 1:18 XD figures on their planogram. So much for those '2-Pack' sets that 21C had mentioned...unless they 'pop-up' at Christmas time...

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 am

Every WM is different here - some have the XD in Clearance aisles with the figures down to $4.00 - all series and the planes ranging from full price, 39.88, 39.00, or $30.00 - clearing out for Nam?

Ive also noticed that almost all of the clearanced toys for other lines start out at full price - some even saying for instance was 7.99 now 7.99.
One store even had some spiderman items clearanced for a higher price than what they were before - very sneaky - I know this isnt XD but keep an eye out - I'm finding a lot of older green card POTF figures for $1.00 and the max reebo band WM exclusives from a few years ago are back on the shelves at two WM - one has them at full price 11.99 the other has them for 9.99 both on th clearance aisles. The stores that did not have any XD before last week are showing no space for XD, other stores show empty spots with the XD on the clearance aisle. and other stores still have the planes and figures at full price. But when you talk with toy dept managers they will tell you they are told what to put on clearance and at what price by the homeoffice - so perhaps these home office orders tell the managers how low something can go on clearance and the managers can mark down to that point. I still always smile when I see the was 39.97 now 39.88 stickers.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Found some planes being clearanced at one of the Northern, CA WM's for $25. Limited selection though. Only had one Huff, one F-104 (Really George), one ME-109 (Graf Starburst)) and several F-104 (Canadian) and P-51 (BBD). Picked up the Huff and the F-104 (Really George). :D

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:50 pm

I wish I were so lucky today. I had a strange experience at my local WM.
There is an area where they were setting up discounted toys. I saw 2 XD planes. I scooped them up and high tailed it to the price scanner. I scanned both of them and both showed 39.99
I found a WM employee and asked if she could tell me the discounted price. She takes out her price scanner and waves it about at the upc (kind of like Dr. McCoy from Star Trek) She looks at me and says, It's dead, Jim (not really-but couldn't resist). She says that the price has "not come down from corporate". HUH? :shock:
When did corporate WM become the end all be all of slapping a stupid red tag on a banged up 1/18 scale airplane?? I was told that the manager of each store determines discount prices for items. (any WM folk correct me if I am wrong).
So, here I am wanting to buy these planes, but not for full price. I asked her and later an actual manager when the planes would be priced. Both looked at me like some kind of crazy cult and said "We don't know. Only corporate knows." "May the peace of Landru be with you..."(sorry another Star Trek reference)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Just gotta love Walmart!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:39 pm

'We don't know. Only corporate knows.' maybe their way of saying " I don't know or care Its break time." Around here I can go to 5 Walmarts and two may have the planes clearanced at $30. one will have $20. and the other s will be full price. Couple of months ago I went into one WM and found all their D-day figures clearanced at $2.00. Bought about Thirty figures that day. I have never seen that price there or any where else again. Seems to me that either the store manager or toy department manager sets the clearance price.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Sounds like something for the "Book Of Walton.."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:58 pm

Just what I was thinking. Time to start digging through the old reference room posts and bring the sacred scribblings back to life.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

MG-42

New "Otto's" ?

Post by MG-42 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Well ,.. I just had a positive experience @ WAL* MART !

I found 3 of the new Otto's w/ the other camo-pattern , on clearance @ $4.00 ea. ... I pre-sume these are ( S-2 ) because the back of the cards are dated 2006 , and their buckles are painted Black , w/ dark-grey gaiters or leggings , and the camo-pattern is different from the other guys I found @ TRU , w/ more of an orange-brown camo , over-tone , in some spots.

So the 4-Otto's I found @ TRU a couple a weeks ago must be ( S-3 ) , because on the back of these cards are dated 2007 ,.. and their smocks are more of a correct pea-pattern type , and their buckles are silver w/ a lighter shade of grey-gaiters or leggings.

"Very interesting , indeed".
8)

....... :shock: + :wink: + = 8) ...... v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:49 am

STUKA wrote:Sounds like something for the "Book Of Walton.."
Agree, Razor you should post that to the book.. :)

As for the corporate vs local manager. It's probably both. If I recall correctly the managers have a pool of dollars they can use to clearance items each month depending on how good their individual store toy sales were. Plus I imagine that if corporate was trying to flush the system, they can aim the clearance cannon at anything they want and clear it country wide.

MG, great find.. let me know if you have extras you want to trade at some point. I put the TRU Otto in the database as S2 because it was sighted first (I think) and the newer Walmart Otto as S3.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com