88 gun still in the works?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 pm

:P :P

Yes! Somebody notices my ranting!

However, 21c is actually a California based company, from the militantly liberal San Francisco area of all places. Thus, I have always been even more perplexed by the tendency of their distribution patterns to favor the South and Midwest. It would cost them much less money to see how the products sell in the conservative San Joaquin valley of California, first, before sending them elsewhere :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 am

from themotorpool.com:

21st Century Breaks Radio Silence Regarding its Big Guns
We recognize that a great many of you have been waiting with baited breath concerning 21st Century Toys' 1:18 scale products, so we'll get right to it without further ado. The Company today confirmed that the 88mm FlaK gun is entering production shortly and will be painted in DAK yellow. For those of you hoping for a field grey version, you may have to bide your time a bit longer, or start priming your air brushes for repaint purposes. The King Tiger is next up in the production cycle, and it is hoped that it will come in at or near the wholesale cost of the 88mm gun. With times the way they are, we've decided to up its price by a few bucks to play it safe but will honor all pre-orders already placed at the lower price. No news yet concerning the 1:18 scale aircraft previously announced....[posted 9/23/2008]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 am

according to TKO they are already being shipped. Good to read some news on the KT, as well.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Upcoming Ground Hardware

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:17 am

Hi,
I spoke to 21st earlier this week and the person I spoke with claimed they were entering production real soon. I respect TKO greatly, so its entirely possible that he heard something differently from a different person, perhaps someone that only deals with mass merchant retailers. I've learned a long time ago that what you hear on Monday changes by Wednesday and changes again by Friday.

To make a long story short, the 88mm will be painted in DAK yellow and should be out sometime in the fourth quarter. The King Tiger, again according to my contact, is behind that. Its still anyone's guess if it will be available for the holidays. There's just too many factors to consider. I know a great many of you are waiting patiently for both pieces. They looked great when I saw them on display way back in February at Toy Fair. We can only hope the finished product will live up to everyone's expectations...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am

Well, it's just good to know that the 88 and KT didn't fall by the wayside like some of the other planned projects.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:12 am

To make a long story short, the 88mm will be painted in DAK yellow and should be out sometime in the fourth quarter.
You got two sets of info there... ;) One telling you it's entering production, and one telling you it'll be out in 4th quarter (I'm assuming 4Q '08).

Nothing entering production NOW would make it out in 4th Quarter of 2008, so I think the latter bit is more the "truth" and the production thing was a mistake on whoever you spoke with's part... Maybe shipping now, that I could see making sense and getting here in time for the holidays and all.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:56 am

TKO talked with the CEO of 21c and was told the 88 was shipping now. So that would make sense that it will be seen in the 4th quarter. The CEO said nothing about the KT...so maybe that is what is entering production? Just a guess.

Regardless, it's nice to hear these two beauties didn't die on the vine..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MG-42

[+] 88 News

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 pm

To make a long story short, the 88mm will be painted in DAK yellow and should be out sometime
>>> :D * I knew that ! * 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

VMF115

Re: [+] 88 News

Post by VMF115 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

MG-42 wrote:
To make a long story short, the 88mm will be painted in DAK yellow and should be out sometime
>>> :D * I knew that ! * 8)

Mitch v MG
Those that where not blinded by thier lust for a panzer gray version knew that… :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MG-42

Re: [+] 88 News

Post by MG-42 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:51 am

VMF115 wrote:
MG-42 wrote: >>> :D * I knew that ! * 8)

Mitch v MG
Those that where not blinded by thier lust for a panzer gray version knew that… :lol:
>>> .......... and ,.. "you know who you are". * :wink: = :D

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *