POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

How much is in the suitcase....

Post by c44 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Such a deal...! I gotta go bargain hunting tomorrow...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:06 pm

normandy wrote:I found these 4 BBI figures today at a local TRU. I went to scan them...... it came up price can not be found. Oh and there wasn't a price on the pegs. So I went up front and asked for help....after checking the computer the young lady comes up with ELITE OPS # 367920. "Give this number to the guy over there and he'll ring you up" OK so I did. :shock: :? $2.98.
When I got up off the floor, I gave him the cash and took my 8 new/repaints home. Nice ending to a loooong day.
NO WAY! :shock:
I was in my local TRU today and really like the Paratrooper repaint with the spade on his helmet (Band of Brother's Easy Company). But never checked them in the scanner.
I will be going back there tomorrow!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:43 pm

WOW $2.98 :shock:
See who gets there first Razor :wink: :lol: :lol:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 pm

WOW! What a deal! When I first bought mine, they rang it up at $9.99 since there was no price tag on the shelf and the sku wasn't in their system yet. Then I told them that the rest of the figures were priced at $4.99 so they gave it to me at that price. I wish I had something to show them at that $2.99 price.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 pm

I have a feeling these figures were not in the system yet, maybe thats why it came up as Elite Ops. But she did type in Elite Force, BBI and any numbers she could find on the package, and as we all know the computer is never wrong. :wink:
Good luck guys.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:16 am

These new BBI repaints didn't come up in my TRU's system either.
I had to go to the service desk and they looked for this and finally said - "How about 4.99 each?"
Not too bad, what do they normally run - 6.99?

I should have said that I saw them online for 2.98 :wink: (which technially would have been correct)
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:00 pm

4.99 here as well. Thank Tman for the recon or I never would have taken the time to look and notice they were different.

Congrats to Mike and the gang at BBI both for shipping new stuff and for tweaking them just enough to be worth buying again. Amazing what a helmet marking will do. Wish 21C would see the light and ship the FJ's again.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Foiled again...

Post by c44 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:22 pm

So I find 'em & bring 'em to the counter & they don't show up in the database, the cashier sends a gofer to get some other number, my breath is short & my pulse pounds...and they come up with the correct price of 4.98...well, I couldn't have slept knowing I had swindled TRU, so it's just as well, yeah, right... :cry: ...but the new figs generally look good, although the helmet markings were off center on a lot of them, fortunately there was plenty to pick & choose...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:11 pm

The tru at seminole towne center has full pegs of the repaints.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:50 pm

I went to two different TRU, the first one I went to said $4.99, so I passed on that and tried my luck at another TRU. The second one I went to said $5.99, so I turn that one down too and then went back to the first TRU a few days later.

When I went back to the first one they were lost again, they charged me $6.99! The dude said he couldn't find the price so he ringed up the price from something else... a product named "1:64 All Starlite Transpor", what the heck is that?! So I lefted buying only one of the repaints and a Delta Force guy for $6.99 each, thinking I had walked away with a deal.
Later thinking over it again and feeling unhappy for the price of the repaint guy over the cheaper cost of the paratrooper, I went back to the TRU and requested an exchange for the repainted soldier for one of the paratroopers to try and even it out and really get a deal.
As I got another paratrooper for the exchange, this different cashier ringed it up regularly as $7.99, so instead of the exchange I demanded a full refund for the repaint soldier instead and told them to fix their dang pricing system. :?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Sky Ray wrote:I went to two different TRU, the first one I went to said $4.99, so I passed on that and tried my luck at another TRU. The second one I went to said $5.99, so I turn that one down too and then went back to the first TRU a few days later.

When I went back to the first one they were lost again, they charged me $6.99! The dude said he couldn't find the price so he ringed up the price from something else... a product named "1:64 All Starlite Transpor", what the heck is that?! So I lefted buying only one of the repaints and a Delta Force guy for $6.99 each, thinking I had walked away with a deal.
Later thinking over it again and feeling unhappy for the price of the repaint guy over the cheaper cost of the paratrooper, I went back to the TRU and requested an exchange for the repainted soldier for one of the paratroopers to try and even it out and really get a deal.
As I got another paratrooper for the exchange, this different cashier ringed it up regularly as $7.99, so instead of the exchange I demanded a full refund for the repaint soldier instead and told them to fix their dang pricing system. :?
The same thing happened to me the figs didn't have a price tag when i asked what the price was they said $9.99 i was like are you joking?

the guy was like no, so i said hold on went on my iphone and went on trus site and showed them the real price.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:19 pm

weird - found the four new BBI guys today - well better than nothing but I couldnt buy them!!!

and i dont understand why but the computer at TRU showed no price - they went to the computer and it was not in the system - so they said they couldnt sell it - I even told the lady and manager the price - I'm sure it will get sold tonight as they probably scanned it after I left - probably the manager was holding them for a stock-boy or vice versa.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Now that is absurd! TRU should have the sku in their system since the items are on the shleves. I ran into the same problem and they looked up the sku # and found the price.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 pm

I popped into the TRU over by FL mall tonight and found all 4 of the new BBI figures :P I got 3 of each except the Para guy, which I just got one of. So that's 10 more for the Allies, but many new heads/faces for others 8) Da General

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Saw these tonight and got a 101st and 4th infantry figure. I must say, the new paintjobs are outstanding IMO... I wish they'd mix up the ammo belts on the figures, as I'd like the 4th infantry guy with M1 ammo on him, but still a good figure.

The Para is outstanding and I like getting one with face paint on too. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:40 pm

anyone seen their TRU re-stocking BBi figs? (modern or ww2)

mine have been dry. was wondering if bbi still care. :roll:

i wanna pick up some additional figs for head swap activities. well coz 25th joes is kinda lame right now.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm

topnotch97 wrote:anyone seen their TRU re-stocking BBi figs? (modern or ww2)

mine have been dry. was wondering if bbi still care. :roll:

i wanna pick up some additional figs for head swap activities. well coz 25th joes is kinda lame right now.
After the WWII repaints were cleaned out my local TRU restocked with the old modern figs, the Navy SEAL combat diver, Marine Machine gunner and Marine point man.

PanzerArm

TRU recon

Post by PanzerArm » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm not a 1:18 expert, so you'll have to excuse the vague descriptions of the items I found.

Went to 4 Targets in the last 2 days, here is the 1:18 stuff I remember seeing:

A line of 6 modern Bravo team figures, some in ACU camo(4 i think), and some in MARPAT(2).

Bravo Team Germans, I recall seeing a german with camo top and panzershrek, and a few other ones with more standard armament.

Bravo Team WWII Americans, only in twos and threes, I didn't look at the details on the package.

1:18 Shermans everywhere

I think I remember seeing a 1:18 Bradley too, but I can't be sure.

EDIT: looks like I posted this in the wrong recon thread, there are so many different ones :( Please forgive me Aferg!!

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

a heads up for the NEW BBI Messerschmitt Me-109G-2...

Post by Foxhole Toys » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:52 pm

We got the call today from our distributor to expect the BBI Messerschmitt within the next couple of days. So these birds should be ready to post to consumers by Friday!!! This one looks to be like the best 109 produced thus far.

Finally!...something NEW in 1/18! Sheesh, what a year.

GO Team USA at the Olympics!!! :)
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 pm

This is great news :)
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Wilmington, Delaware finally received the special edition P-40's. Of course I got one - missed the offering the first time around a few years back.

Did I follow the posts correctly and see that TRU is going to carry the BBI 109?

:p51:

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:38 pm

found this

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am

Found two Daisy June Corsairs at TRU in Chesterfield, MO. Didn't pick any up as I already have 2 of this version - thought about getting them to resell but looks like they are hitting shelves again - is that what anyone else is seeing?
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm

mondaytanker wrote:found this

I've had those at one of the TRUs in my area for about a month now. I think another boardmember spotted them first at TRU several months ago. Neat scheme, but the repaint isn't new anymore :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Our local TRU in Northern, CA has both the Daisy June corsairs and the camo halftracks. The corsairs seem to be selling but the halftracks are just sitting collecting dust.