POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Is it just me, or did BCA just suddenly raise the price of their 21c items and then put in up for a 30% discount? I saw just yesterday that such planes as the retooled P-51s were $59.99 and now they are listed straight as $71.00 without the discount. With the 30% discount, the same plane is about $50 (assuming I did my math right) which isn't that bad. Only question now is how long will the discount last?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:47 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Is it just me, or did BCA just suddenly raise the price of their 21c items and then put in up for a 30% discount? I saw just yesterday that such planes as the retooled P-51s were $59.99 and now they are listed straight as $71.00 without the discount. With the 30% discount, the same plane is about $50 (assuming I did my math right) which isn't that bad. Only question now is how long will the discount last?
It's not just you. This seems to be a new sales tactic. Little odd if you ask me. Still, a sales a sale if it works out that way.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:11 pm

I thought only Walmart could get away with that - but I guess it is ok because they place a smiley face poster next to the price....

Mr. Walton also stands in the back ground - waves his hand and states - these prices don't concern you - pick up the item - move along to the checkout.....

with those prices I will be going elsewhere. Let us hope this was a typo.

:shock:
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Just visited a local WM today and they restocked the new D-Day figures, but what was surprising was they are now selling for $3 instead of the usual $4.97. Has anybody else seen these lower prices at their WM's?

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:40 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Is it just me, or did BCA just suddenly raise the price of their 21c items and then put in up for a 30% discount? I saw just yesterday that such planes as the retooled P-51s were $59.99 and now they are listed straight as $71.00 without the discount. With the 30% discount, the same plane is about $50 (assuming I did my math right) which isn't that bad. Only question now is how long will the discount last?
I seen it last night and just about craped my pants. :shock:

Unless Badcat lowers their price I will shop else where.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Where the heck is the ME-262 two seat night fighter? I would have thought they'd hit the shelves by now.

mikeg

104 repaints

Post by mikeg » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:02 am

A couple of George AFB 104s and Canadian tiger meet 104s seen this morning at walmart.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:14 am

immeww2 wrote:Just visited a local WM today and they restocked the new D-Day figures, but what was surprising was they are now selling for $3 instead of the usual $4.97. Has anybody else seen these lower prices at their WM's?
My WMs still have the 4.97 price, well if they had any new figures that is! :evil:

Interesting... I wonder if that is a sign that your WM isn't going to carry XD figs anymore??

Does your WM have a great deal of figures in stock?? If so, it may be a temporary thing - so grab them up fast!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

mikeg

more repaints

Post by mikeg » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:53 am

One walmart out of several had the Welch and Taylor P-40s in the proper Pearl harbor boxes- had to leave them, they don't look that different from the langley.

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Picked up two German artillery crewmen and Tracker Richards.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:56 pm

In what little Wal Mart searching I've been able to do over the past few days, I've turned up little in 1:18 in my area, save for restocks of the 2nd wave of the D-Day figures. I did not find any "Tracker Richards" or the German spotter figures - or any sign that they were there - but it was nice to get a couple more DAK German figs, as well as the US Bazooka and BAR gunner figures :wink:

I keep hoping that the Tracker and Spotter figures were not taken by some of the other shadow collectors in my area, but that could be the case :?

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Found a winter tanker today at a WM in the Houston area.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Release the doves!!!!! The Huff has been found in Houma LA :D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri May 04, 2007 3:33 pm

Wow, you found The Huff in Houma. I went to two Walmarts last week here in Lafayette, and not a one 1:18th scale plane to be found. :(
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 04, 2007 8:04 pm

I picked up 2. They have about 4 more with a Mitch thrown in to boot. :D

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri May 04, 2007 9:40 pm

oops sorry - fell asleep

(Releases doves)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 05, 2007 6:44 pm

While out today, I stopped by my local Hobbytown USA store to find that they had yet again re-vamped the selection of 21c! Their selection is now a bit more updated and includes planes that were new just earlier this year, including Flight 19 Avengers, Pearl Harbor P-40s, Huff F-86s, a Russina Mig-15 and the new F-104 schemes. There was a ton of the newer 32x planes, including most of the new ones :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat May 05, 2007 8:10 pm

What are Hobby Town prices like? There are no Hobby Towns in my local but I think there are some in Miss. :)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:13 pm

immeww2 wrote:Just visited a local WM today and they restocked the new D-Day figures, but what was surprising was they are now selling for $3 instead of the usual $4.97. Has anybody else seen these lower prices at their WM's?
My WMs still have the 4.97 price, well if they had any new figures that is! :evil:

Interesting... I wonder if that is a sign that your WM isn't going to carry XD figs anymore??

Does your WM have a great deal of figures in stock?? If so, it may be a temporary thing - so grab them up fast!
The WM that had the $3 figs stocks 21st items intermittently. Ever since I bought all the figures they did have at $3, I haven't spotted anything else 1/18th scale wise. Have to wait and see whether or not that particualr store will continue to carry the 1/8th stuff.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat May 05, 2007 10:50 pm

one funny find - an olde me 109 nightfighter in a damaged box - missing the figure and a few parts - some broken parts loose in the box to boot - was marked down to $14.99 three months ago - I scanned her last night thinking - it must be down to $1.00 buck now...

can you guess the price?

fade in music and lights....

a. $14.99
b. $39.99
C. $9.98
d. $24.93

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat May 05, 2007 10:53 pm

D!
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 pm

Easy, WalMart will sell anything at full price...even if it should actually be taken outside and thrown in the dumpster! Are there retarded people that would think somebody would buy a fully busted article (toy or not) for full price???

Stuka, this is one you should put out of its misery...Take it into the grocery aisles and stick it on a shelf with the trash bags...or maybe stick it in an ice cream freezer. But take a picture and post it!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 06, 2007 12:47 am

Plane Nuts wrote:Are there retarded people that would think somebody would buy a fully busted article (toy or not) for full price???
Aparently so! I remember right before the holidays there was a broken RC Panzer IV and WC-57 command car at one of my local Wal Marts that had sat on the shelves for months. Both had smashed boxes with broken and missing parts. (You could actaully reach right into the box of the CC as a flap was missing from the side!) The vehicles are not there now, so obviously they went somewhere. The fact that they sat on the shelves for so long in such poor shape must mean that the Toy Dept. manager thought they could sell. Plus, given the low IQ of many Wal Mart shoppers (not to mention the employees) I'm sure someone picked them up during the holiday rush and paid much more for them than they should have :?

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Kinda evens out for WM on all the new stuff they sell at astonishing low prices. :D

digger

question

Post by digger » Sun May 13, 2007 10:16 pm

I got a recon report from my brother in Baltimore and even though he has no idea on this stuff he knows XD - and described the D-day assortment well. My question is are the figs at WM no longer $5? He said they were 6 something. Was he wrong?