POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Digger,
I have been having so much fun swapping heads between the BBI paras, BBI WWII guys and putting them on the bodies of newer 21st driver figs of the re-issed halftracks, trucks etc. I don't know what 21st did with these figures, but the BBI heads fit great.
I just happened to get a large bunch of drivers from someone on the board and they have worked out great. The coolest thing is to have the old looking S1 21st figs with NEW FACES!!!

But you are right on the older BBI figs, they just aren't easy to pop off the heads and don't look quite right on the 21st bodies.

I will need to take some shots and post them for you guys.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

digger

bbi army guys

Post by digger » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:15 am

Where the heck are these guys? Why are they rare as Rocking Horse sh!t? It's been months now and they just aren't readily available. Has anyone heard anything from any small retailer? This might be the worst figure distribution ever.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:36 pm

Thats what I want to know!! Now, while I have obtained a good selection of the new BBI WWII figures to suit my needs, none of them came from my area!! Never mind that Fresno is the largest city in California's Central Valley and has two TRUs that have gotten everything else BBI & 21c. Some of my figures were sent from Georgia by a fellow board member and the rest I found on random stops at other TRUs in California, the closest of which was over 100mi south of where I live! Its not really a problem for me any more, just puzzling. I would hope that BBI would get these figures to the small retailers as they will sell much better than the Paras.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:40 pm

I'm still waiting to see the new WW2 BBI figures here in Houston. I've been checking ever since they were first reported and haven't seen one yet. I can find the paras at everyone I go to. They have even been restocked at least once at most of the stores. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

digger

bbi figures

Post by digger » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:38 am

I'm afraid the damn paras are what are keeping the new guys from the shelves. Not just at TRU but Amazon in particular. The paras at amazon are perhaps the only item not marked up from the store but none sold out, and now they all qualify for free shipping. :? I hope they're not getting in the way of the good stuff. We can take solace in the fact that this can't last...eventually these guys have to become readily available..right? A small retailer said December I thought... :roll:

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:07 pm

Hi Guys

I heard that BadCatToys and Smalljoes will be getting them this December, for BadCatToys I get the info from BadCatMatt I called up last week and Matt said somtime in December. And Im 1 of those unlucky 1 that don't get BBI figures in my Country(Canada) I have to wait till thay come out on-line. The feeling is like when you have to P very badly :lol: .

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:49 am

thats what i like about BCA is if its new they will have it

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:29 am

Local TRU had paras. 4 P-51Ds, 3 F4Us, 2 helos
also see 21st

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:56 pm

TRU in Norfolk, VA just restocked the BBI Para guys! They must have had 30+ but no infantry!
Saw one BBI Corsair and two Shermans! Only saw one Merrill's Marauder set!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:37 pm

One of the TRUs in my area did the same with the BBI Paras. There were alot before - because they sold slowly and have a somewhat limited usage - and now there are even more! The infantry figures never showed up :?

digger

Knights at Amazon

Post by digger » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:17 pm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys

Not quite the new WWII guys...but seems like a good deal for 3. :D
I wasn't going to indulge but at those prices... 8)

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:25 pm

Is my math right?

(95 mm)*(1 m/1000 mm)*(1 ft/.3048 m)*(12 in/1 ft) = 3.74 inches?

I thought these guys weren't supposed to be 1:18 scale? That is a sweet price, if I weren't strapped for cash right now I'd probably order a set just to see what they're like

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:52 pm

Found the new BBI weapons sets at TRU. They're pretty nice and have some more "futuristic" looking guns.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 pm

I found a shelf full of BBI paras but did manage to find some of the Army guys as well.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi Guys

Im happy to hear that you found some Army guys.
Well I just spent 1hrs looking all over the web trying to find these New WWII figures and NO LUCK :x . The thing I don't get is Y did the Paras with the shoots just hit in all places BANG and these new WWII figures can't find them anywhere(for myself on-line), I think I might have to ask 1 of you guys to help me out and pick me up some of these figures not right know but in the new year would any 1 help?

Thanks
SGT. Saunders

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:13 am

Sarge, if I knew where to get them I would hook you up asap - I really think the new WWII Army guys set the standard for figures.

However, I have basically given up - I have just accepted they are really not out yet and until I could buy them myself they are unavailable. I went crazy for 3 months, with no word from bbi on why they were nowhere to be found. I know the small retailers said they would have them, but that doesn't look likely. :? And as you said, the Paras are everywhere. Now, when the paras clog the shelves we'll hear that "figures didn't sell well" :evil:

If you look at the figure poll one of the top choices is WWII Allies - some of the best ones are out right now and we can't buy them. :evil: I rant on this occassionally because we waited a year for the figures, they finally come out and we're not able to get them! WTF?

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:14 am

I WILL HAVE THEM IN STOCK 1/10/06.
[email protected]
www.aviatornut.com

digger

OH JOYOUS DAY

Post by digger » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:25 am

Aviatornut.com wrote:I WILL HAVE THEM IN STOCK 1/10/06.
[email protected]
www.aviatornut.com
THANK YOU!
:D :D :D I don't mind waiting as long as I know the day will come! :P :D :D :D
OK, that is one tirade I could put to bed.... 8)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:56 pm

For those of you who are looking for the BBI Army figs, let me know which ones you are seeking. I have a few extra ones I can sell. :D

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:16 pm

immeww2

That sounds great I would like to have all but not "Major Welch"
what ones do you have for sell give me a price. Please keep me in mind for 1st dibs, Im in 100%. Let me know.

Thanks

SGT. Saunders

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:51 pm

Sgt. Saunders: Sent you a reply via PM.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:11 am

immeww2

Sent you a PM, Im in!

SGT. Saunders

digger

bbi wwii figs

Post by digger » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:55 am

Aviatornut.com wrote:I WILL HAVE THEM IN STOCK 1/10/06....
www.aviatornut.com
Pre-order? :D
Any other places expecting these? I see nothing on BCA, SmallJoes, ToyFed...Corey or Matt if you are out there please chime in...

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:59 pm

Well I made the journey to the closest Toys'R'Us today to do a little recon. Here is what I found:

Lots of BBi WWII Paras
1 Weapon set
1 Navy Seal Sniper
3 Navy Seal Radio Operators (got 1)
3 Navy Seal Breachers (got 1)
1 Navy Seal Night Ops
2 Navy Black Hawk Pilots
3 USMC Grenadiers
2 USMC SAW Machine Gunners
3 USMC Assault Leaders
8 Kiwona Helicopters ($19.99 each)
2 P-51 Mustangs ($39.99 each)
4 Corsairs ($44.99 each)

I gotta say I really like the BBi planes after seeing them in person and these two pilots are just awesome figures. They have gotta be two of my favorite sculpts after seeing them. But the Corsair & Mustang looked a little small to me. I have the 21st Century Corsair and it looks huge compared to the BBi one, but man do I love the looks of these two planes and figures. Makes me want to see the BBi Sherman in person. Well I am off to search the internet for the cheapest BBi Sherman I can find and then sell a kidney so I can buy a few of them. :lol:

digger

bbi Sherman

Post by digger » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:07 am

Spect - indeed you need a bbi Sherman. I have said before and will again that it is a must have. It is not like those fly-boys with the same Mustang 3 times over....it is a different model Sherman than the 21C version, bigger gun, more extras - totally unique and the standard for WWII 1:18 armored vehicles imo. Don't know if it was the winter paint or the lack of infantry at the time of release, but it clearly did not sell that well; we have seen no WWII armor since and not even a repaint of the Sherman. :( Anyway, get it, you'll love it.

Now since you brough this thread to the top,
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA IF ANY RETAILER WILL BE GETTING ANY OF THE NEW BBI WWII FIGURES? Sorry for shouting but this has proven the hardest info in the world to come by. Where the ____ are these guys? Corey, Matt, Aviatornut, Isaiah, Gail, anyone - I have a pretty penny set aside for a few cases of these and just need some hope to hold onto. Someone, please shake some info out of your bbi rep. Thanks!