All-Go! Toys - New 1:18 player JAGDPANTHER ANNOUNCED!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:
Did I hear T-34? or was that just wistful thinking. I know a B-25 in 1/18 would be dreaming for a new company. Maybe 1/32? :roll:

Great news TKO..... :D

TTT
That's not beyond the realm for a B-25. Sure I'd like to see a 1:18 one too, but remember they were talking about a possible B-17 in 1/32 that would fit in a 1:18 box at one time.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 am

Airacobra wrote:$100 for a Mustang repaint? :shock:

Limited or not, I'll pass. Hopefully people with deeper pockets will be able to support All-Go, but if this is any indication of their pricing, I'm out. Still interested in seeing what else they release.
yea same here....now $100 for a KT.. :wink: :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

fly-dk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fly-dk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 am

fightin wrote:
fly-dk wrote:Am I the only one dreaming about a A-8B Harrier in 1/18 ?? :shock:
No, you're not. A Harrier would rock my world. 8)
Especially this particular scheme:

:
It would look so nice on one of Pizzaguys stands - standing on my desk :P

Little Iodine
Corporal
Corporal

King Tiger

Post by Little Iodine » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:25 am

I'd pay $100 for that King Tiger !
Probably buy only 1 though, these prices will severely limit my collecting.
Bob

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am

i think somebody like bbi or jsi are more likely to make a harrier, but i'm sure someone will do one in time.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 pm

I have to agree that $100 is a little steep, in my opinion, for a mustang repaint. Basically $120 to get it to my front door. I'd have to think long and hard about this one and the "Do I REALLY want it?" factor given I already have three Mustangs and a fourth on the way.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:18 pm

NWarty wrote:I have to agree that $100 is a little steep, in my opinion, for a mustang repaint. Basically $120 to get it to my front door. I'd have to think long and hard about this one and the "Do I REALLY want it?" factor given I already have three Mustangs and a fourth on the way.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, it wouldn't be all that difficult to recreate that paint scheme to begin with. For $100 I would at least like to see a new sculpt, say a P-39, now that may convince me to shell out $100. Again, I'm glad there are members here that are willing and able to spend $100 on another P-51 repaint, but if the new going rate for 1/18 scale aircraft is going to be $100 a piece, I will have to fold. Just cannot justify those prices, I was hoping for the $65 to $70 range considering the additional cost of shipping.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Airacobra wrote:$100 for a Mustang repaint? :shock:

Limited or not, I'll pass. Hopefully people with deeper pockets will be able to support All-Go, but if this is any indication of their pricing, I'm out. Still interested in seeing what else they release.
Yeah I could see between 65 and 75 for a repainted P-51 but 100 would be pushing it even in this limited market
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Hey TKO you may want to pass on to the powers that be that 100 for a repaint is pushing it .............. dont take JSI as an example with there F-14. That was a new mold, new item when we thought most 1/18 mfgrs were bellyup, popular, large plain not a repaint of an existing mold after most of us had gottem multipuls from MD when they were having there 21C blowout sale. Yeah they might want to rethink there pricing.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:33 pm

RAD 2112 wrote:It's a shame Small Joes got the info wrong on the Pilot...
Capt. Arval J. Roberson flew Passion Wagon

Chuck Weaver flew another P-51 with the same code.
There's actually been some controversy on this. Smalljoes alone didn't get it wrong, for example, Armour's 1/48 version lists Weaver as the pilot and decals sheets for years have shown Weaver as Passion Wagon's driver.

Actually after just a little research, Roberson and Weaver were wingmen at one point. When Roberson left the squadron, Weaver took over his plane. So, I'd say it's correct.

http://www.cebudanderson.com/modgallery36.htm

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I think JSI's offerings are pushing the price boundaries also. I waited until Christmas to get a JSI Putt Putt since I could get a better price on the aircraft and the shipping during the Christmas sales.

For a $120 for a "to-my-door" aircraft, I would like to have seen a new mold. But, I realize that the Mustang repaint will provide the funding for future projects.

This new repaint is 2+ times the price of the original 21C new mold Mustangs. I can definitely see a price increase with the market and realistic pricing, but in my opinion, charging over 200% on a repaint is WAY TOO MUCH.

I'd have a real difficult time explaining to my wife that I want a $120 plane that doesn't fly. The F-14 doesn't count. :wink:

Way to rich for my blood and my $.02
Last edited by NWarty on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Not a bad price at all. Separates the men from the boyz. 8) At least I'll have an interesting OD Mustang now! :D

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:15 pm

I've already got umpteen repaints of the P-51 already so I'm going to pass on this though the King Tiger will be a must have. I hope we see other new products soon from them,
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Panther F wrote:Not a bad price at all. Separates the men from the boyz. 8) At least I'll have an interesting OD Mustang now! :D
The men from the boys? Or a pissing contest to who has more money to burn on collectables?

I choose my purchases carefully as my family takes priority. Excuse me for expressing some concerns about the pricing. :roll:

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Understand one-o-nine. I know exactly what you're saying.

Let me just say that I'm experiencing a little sticker shock for a collectable based on an existing mold. Keep in mind that Corey's pricing is the lowest out there.

Will most likely pass on this one.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 pm

WoW!

I was up in the clouds on page 1

by page 6, and I'm back to reality!

$100 is steep for a limited edition repaint. It can be argued that whatever else they release will fall into the limited edition, as essentially its not widely available as before except for etailers and specialty stores.

If more repaints are released, at least it will be around what Jsi pricing their products at which is around $70. I think new prop planes will be eventually start at $100-$120, jets at $150-$180. The King Tiger would probably be around $140.

I have not even included overseas shipping costs for us poor sods.

Regardless, this is still a very fantastic development and the 1/18 gods are definitely smiling on us!

May the All-Go-force be with us all :D

So I guess the wishlists are gonna come quick and fast all over again eh? :lol:

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm not much of an Aircraft guy but I may have to pick-up this P-51 if for no other reason, than to support All-Go! and help to insure I get more Armor and figures in the future.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:38 pm

NWarty wrote:
Panther F wrote:Not a bad price at all. Separates the men from the boyz. 8) At least I'll have an interesting OD Mustang now! :D
The men from the boys? Or a pissing contest to who has more money to burn on collectables?

I choose my purchases carefully as my family takes priority. Excuse me for expressing some concerns about the pricing. :roll:
Be careful NWarty, there are people here that think voicing a concern about price increases is complaining. Apparently we should just all fall in line and be happy there is yet another P-51 coming our way for twice the originals price. Oh, but it has boobs on it, I forgot. :wink: And yes, I understand it is a "limited" production paint scheme, but that has absolutely no effect on my decision when buying something. I have never treated this hobby like a competition and I don't see investing in toys as very wise to begin with unless you can spend thousands a year doing it and have a tremendous amount of time to sit on them. My point is that for everyone here that feels the price is fair, there are those of us that feel it is too steep and our opinions are equally valid. Hey if All-Go can sell enough $100 Mustangs, great, more power to them. I will just spend the $65 to $70 I would be willing to spend on 1/18 aircraft elsewhere. For me it just boils down the the fact I see no value in the current price points.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Fritzkrieg wrote:I'm not much of an Aircraft guy but I may have to pick-up this P-51 if for no other reason, than to support All-Go! and help to insure I get more Armor and figures in the future.
I feel the same way.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:46 pm

The Re-paints are going to have to be part of the program. It's a necessary and essential part of the success formula from a dollars and stake holders position. In this case the 51 is what they have to work with to get going as other molds are gone, in legal dispute, or whatever.

All-Go knows for a fact that new items need to come to pass. Including 1:32. There are many priorities over there right now at All-Go. Fan support is going to be a key factor, retailer confidence is also imperative as the recent F-14 problems have many nervous about large expensive birds with no QC controls and no return support for defective product.

There are fences to mend, rising costs, and new factory politics to be worked out. So lots going on behind the scenes. But the future indeed looks bright. lot's of potential for sure and this team is made up of some veterans and some new faces too. So it's a good mix. A healthy mix I think. Fresh ideas mixed with tried and true policies from the people and fans who pretty much made this hobby what it is today.

I personally agree that 100 is a lot for a repaint. I'm hoping that it will actually turn out to be less by the time all the orders start to come in. But in the meantime, I happy to give them some room to get that first breath and first release under the belts. Cost and affordability have to have a balance.

So far All-Go is VERY pleased to see the fan reactions to the site the product and the promise of the future. They thanked me yesterday evening in an Email stating that I had done a good job in reaching out to the loyal fans and rebuilding the bridge back. Right now the positive support is very appreciated! I suspect that the following weeks will get more interesting as orders, and account creation with retailers start to build up. Already the reports are that fans are pushing for the product. looking for it from favorite retailers and that is helping to activate accounts and move cases. So congrats everyone here. We are already making direct impact. Please keep it up.

More to come!

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when JSI and AGO discuss what should be done with the molds JSI currently has in its possession!

In addition to the p-51 and KT, AGO should have the 88 and Avenger. But, given the loss/destruction of certain molds, e.g. the spitfire, fw, p-47, Pz IV, and JSI's possession of many others, e.g. tiger, panther, p-38, stuka, corsair, starfighter, I'm struggling to think what other molds AGO can begin with.