JSI F-14 detailed pics are up

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:27 pm

My response from the stickied JSI F-14 thread:

Just got a voicemail from Isiah at MTS. My preorder is good to go.

He mentioned we should see them at our doosteps in roughly four weeks. They are in production as we speak and will leave China in about a week and a half.

Sweet...

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 am

Cool! I just ordered mine 2 minutes ago from Bad Cat. If this thing is a good as it looks in the photos I will be ordering another one for a repaint project! The big question is what scheme will JSI do next so that I don't paint the same one myself!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Cool! I just ordered mine 2 minutes ago from Bad Cat. If this thing is a good as it looks in the photos I will be ordering another one for a repaint project! The big question is what scheme will JSI do next so that I don't paint the same one myself!
I think it's Black Knights to coincide with Kawai Shokai's delayed Black Knights CAG exclusive.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Shin Densetsu wrote:
I think it's Black Knights to coincide with Kawai Shokai's delayed Black Knights CAG exclusive.
Tell me more about this? I really would like to know what the next scheme might be.

I REALLY want a Sundowners scheme but I am super fearful that it likely could be covered by JSI.

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm

TKO211:

This might be it. Century Wings has 1/72 version.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:43 pm

dragon53 wrote:TKO211:

This might be it. Century Wings has 1/72 version.

So does Unimax for their FOV 1:72 Enthusiast line. It is one of their best 1:72 planes and its a whole lot cheaper than the CW version 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Here's the VF-154 Black Knights paint scheme that was used on the JSI F-14 at last year's toy fair (In Japan, if I remember correctly). Century Wings also makes this F-14, too.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Tell me more about this? I really would like to know what the next scheme might be.

I REALLY want a Sundowners scheme but I am super fearful that it likely could be covered by JSI.
Last year when the 1/18 Tomcat was announced, Kawai Toys had a Black Knights CAG version exclusive to them, IIRC limited to 1,000.

Being that we are closer to seeing the 1/18 Tomcat released, the fact that the Black Knights version was already announced, the fact that Kawai Shokai is still going to distribute the JSI Tomcat and other JSI items in Japan, and the fact that the current 1/18 Tomcat is more accurate to the Black Knights during that era than the Jolly Rogers version that's being released 1st, I would not be surprised if the Black Knights CAG is next.

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Shin Densetsu wrote:

Last year when the 1/18 Tomcat was announced, Kawai Toys had a Black Knights CAG version exclusive to them, IIRC limited to 1,000.

Being that we are closer to seeing the 1/18 Tomcat released, the fact that the Black Knights version was already announced, the fact that Kawai Shokai is still going to distribute the JSI Tomcat and other JSI items in Japan, and the fact that the current 1/18 Tomcat is more accurate to the Black Knights during that era than the Jolly Rogers version that's being released 1st, I would not be surprised if the Black Knights CAG is next.
PERFECT! That was exactly the kind of info / detail that I was looking for. Thanks!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 pm

tko211 wrote:
Shin Densetsu wrote:Last year when the 1/18 Tomcat was announced, Kawai Toys had a Black Knights CAG version exclusive to them, IIRC limited to 1,000.

PERFECT! That was exactly the kind of info / detail that I was looking for. Thanks!
Also I should add, the Kawai Toys exclusive has yet to see release, another reason why I think it's next.

digger

f-14

Post by digger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:42 am

Someone had said around the new year for the Tomcat and that seems about right. Hope the deck crew is available at the same time.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 am

i figure late november is a bit optimistic, but probably before christmas.

i wouldn't expect the deck crew stuff til march at the earliest and pilots shortly after that. I guess i'll wait for pilots rather than make my own. They'll be much nicer, i presume, from JSI.

In the meantime i'll just have to have it parked on my imaginary carrier, then when i get the deck crew stuff i can get it ready for take off, then finally i'll get the pilots and can fly it around the room going woosh, woo..

but i digress.. :oops:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 am

any news
whats up doc....