POST ALL PAK 40 HANOMAG FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: .

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Jagdplastic wrote:'Called my local TRU in Cary, NC yesterday asking if they had any XD. The young lady said that she'd check and was gone for 10 minutes. She came back and said that they didn't.

Two hours later, I'm going home and, what the heck, that TRU is basically on the way, so I stop. I immediately spot the XD Ottos (S2), the XD DAK guys (S2), 32X Firefly (olive drab), the 32X carded Italians, the 32X carded DAK, the 32X Bullfrog p-51, the 32X Me-262 (gray mottling), and other 21st Century stuff that I can't fully remember because I don't collect them. In other words, I saw the Gates of Heaven, at least for me.

No XD German halftracks? Where are the halftracks with the PAK 40? Anyway, I grab 3 Ottos (having succumbed to the near hysteria over this figure), 1 each of the S2 XD DAK figures, and... I saw it. One XD halftrack in the far left corner with the GI Joe stuff. Suffice it to say, I went THROUGH the Gates of Heaven, at least for me.

I left 1 Otto, and two each of the XD DAK guys and the rest of the stuff.

I mentioned at check out that I'd called earlier and was told that the XD stuff wasn't there. The check out guy, who looked to be in management, said that the stuff was brand new. I took his explanation :roll: . I was happy, what can I say.

As to the young lady who'd answered the phone two hours before and had me wait 10 minutes. Well, we all have to go to the bathroom occasionally.
If you asked for "XD" thats what she probably entered in the computer and it won't come up as that, therefore she said they didn't have any. Ultimate Soldier won't bring any results either. If they search under "Vendor", scroll down to "21st Century Toys" they will come up. The TRU search engine is strange, some things will come up on a vague description and others you need to be specific, sometimes very specific.

Ray

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jagdplastic » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:23 pm

I guess that some of you are suggesting that unless I know exactly what they've entered into the computer as search criteria, I'm wasting my time in calling. I neglected to mention that I did say I was looking for military figures. My hope is that I can speak with someone who knows their products well enough to intelligently speak with me about them over the phone. If not that, then I'd wish to speak with someone who has enough interest to actually go and look in the appropriate area within the store.

Another appropriate response to my request might be that "There are no products listed on the computer using that search information." A simple response of "No, we don't have those." leaves me with the wrong impression.

At least with Wal-Mart, I understand that they have a multitude of products in scores, if not hundreds of departments, of various merchandise and I really don't know from which department the person on the phone comes. At TRU they have toys or if it's a combo Babies R Us, they have toys and baby merchandise.

My expectation was for better customer service. I suppose if I get someone really helpful at TRU with a lot of patience on the phone, I can give them a list of various search criteria to enter into the computer. You know: "XD", "New Millenium Toys", "21st Century Toys", "32X", "Xtreme Detail", etc.

Or they could just go look on the shelf.

This going from store to store looking for product is getting a little old.

(Is this what is known as a "rant"?)

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

recon

Post by digger » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:32 am

Use the 6 digit item or skn # that TRU uses. It is much more reliable than clerk recon or computer searching. The numbers are on page 2 of the 21C TRU thread. You can even call 800 toys r us and they will search numerous stores in your area. Recon smarter, not harder.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: .

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Jagdplastic wrote:I guess that some of you are suggesting that unless I know exactly what they've entered into the computer as search criteria, I'm wasting my time in calling. I neglected to mention that I did say I was looking for military figures. My hope is that I can speak with someone who knows their products well enough to intelligently speak with me about them over the phone. If not that, then I'd wish to speak with someone who has enough interest to actually go and look in the appropriate area within the store.

Another appropriate response to my request might be that "There are no products listed on the computer using that search information." A simple response of "No, we don't have those." leaves me with the wrong impression.

At least with Wal-Mart, I understand that they have a multitude of products in scores, if not hundreds of departments, of various merchandise and I really don't know from which department the person on the phone comes. At TRU they have toys or if it's a combo Babies R Us, they have toys and baby merchandise.

My expectation was for better customer service. I suppose if I get someone really helpful at TRU with a lot of patience on the phone, I can give them a list of various search criteria to enter into the computer. You know: "XD", "New Millenium Toys", "21st Century Toys", "32X", "Xtreme Detail", etc.

Or they could just go look on the shelf.

This going from store to store looking for product is getting a little old.

(Is this what is known as a "rant"?)
Depending on the time of day there might have only been a manager/supervisor and a couple of part timers working. TRU has minimal fulltime, like everyone else staffs with alot of part time college or high schoolers. They run the gamut of not giving a s*** to trying to help as best they can. The manager/supervisor doesn't know all the products either, especially what might be new product. The employees that would know the products and stock are usually early morning people and very few stay past opening.

As for knowing what is exactly entered in the computer is right. I remember trying to find the bbi Sherman in the system when they first came out. I tried a search for "Sherman", M4 Sherman", "tank" ( which brings up quite a list, everything with t-a-n-k in the name, but not the bbi Sherman), "M4 Sherman Tank" any combination I could think of. Nothing would come up. When I finally found it the proper name was "M4 Shermn Tank". Some genius at corporate left the "a" out of Sherman in the description.

Ray

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:01 am

I have a question...on the side there are two empty hook like things....what's supposed to go on that? There was nothing in the box...

digger

hooks

Post by digger » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:33 am

You mean where the panzershreck went on the original?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:49 am

The two hooks on the side of the Pak-40 Hanomag are the same hooks where the Panzershreck anti-tank weapon went on the original (standard) halftracks. I put a Panzershreck on my Pak-40 Hanomag, but really anything can be hung from the hooks. Some sort of gun-cleaning gear or rolled cammo netting might be in more proper order :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Thanks, Tmanthegreat!
I thought that maybe someone took what was supposed to go there, out! :? 8)

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

yippeee

Post by Fitzystigertank » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:46 pm

finally my tru on the east coast has the figures and the PAK40 hanomag.
they quite a bit of the smaller planes. Now i can't wait till the hellcat comes in.