The Rumor Mill: What if I said..................

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:08 am

BBI doing a much sought after 1/18th Zero? That would be too damn cool guys! I need a Zero for my 2 F4U's to chase! But I'll hold off on that wish until its confirmed.

As for the 21st P-51 I hope they do an 8th AF scheme like Glammourus Glenn III, Old Crow, or Cripes A Mighty just to name a few. Since BBI has their Mustang wearing a 9th AF paint scheme I think its only fair but we shall see.

Any how its a great time to be a 1/18th collector!!

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:49 pm

I'd love to see a Zero from BBI! Its weird because so far BBI has only done US vehicles and aircraft but first we hear they're planning a Hind and now a Zero. Oh and they'd better have an F-14 on tap too, and d@mn the expense, I'll pay whatever it takes! :P

stv9000
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stv9000 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:11 pm

I think I cought what WCP KLAUS has "cough-f14-cough"

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:48 pm

I hope and pray that BBI is looking at producing an A-10 since 21st believes it is to big and the production costs are too great. What's with the fear of packaging? They don't seem to have a problem with creating a box big enough to fit a 1/6 scale tank in and putting it out for sale. So how could it be too big? I have been around real A-10s and real F-18s. I can't see how it's size compared to an F-18 is so much bigger that it is impossible to package. True the wingspan is a bit bigger than an F-18's but not much bigger than a Me-110's (only 4 feet overall) from what I've read. The overall length is well under that of an F-18's. No problem in finding a box big enough for one of those now was there. BBI proved that. I don't know the in-depth details of the production costs, but everything they make has production costs. They seem to know how many of an item they need to sale to justify that item's costs. I'm sure that the A-10 and the Zero would sell enough to justify their production. They are highly recognizable aircraft and favorites of many. If the numbers sold is what they are afraid of, the least 21st could do is offer the two as exclusives for members on their website. Maybe BBI should created a website like 21st (hint, hint). Have exclusive offers also. That could be an interesting twist to the competition. Sorry for the rant but I really, reallly, really, want an A-10!!!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:50 pm

WOAH!!WOAH!!WOAH!!WOAH!!WOAH!!

Wait, a Hind? I must have missed that rumor. Really, a Hind? Wow, that would be cool.

Magilla1973
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Magilla1973 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:56 pm

fredricchio wrote:I'd love to see a Zero from BBI! Its weird because so far BBI has only done US vehicles and aircraft but first we hear they're planning a Hind and now a Zero. :P
Remember that Toys R Us had the flap against German toys. I imagine that WWII Japanese would be the only 'enemy' type that could make it through BBI's primary 1:18 distribution channel (Toys R Us).

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:18 pm

But I thought TRU carried the German XD stuff? Why wouldn't they do the same for BBI?

Oh and yeah, about the Hind, thats what Dirk heard at the German toy show some weeks ago.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:22 pm

fredricchio wrote:But I thought TRU carried the German XD stuff? Why wouldn't they do the same for BBI?
TRU hasn't carried the German stuff for a few years now.. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:22 pm

I think 21st C's excuse of lack of paint schemes on a Zero is pathetic. I can think of four off the top of my head right now. Green with black nose, Grayish white with blue tail strips, Gray with green dots with white and yellow tail strips, Grayish white with green lightly painted camo. I wonder if they are referencing the right plane? Granted the A6Ms are not flashy, but none of the Japanese aircraft are flashy in paint. most of the planes we have only have around four repaints. The Zeke or Zero is like the Mustang and Spitfire, very reconizable to anyone. I don't know.

If bbi goes for it, more power to them. I don't have their P-51 yet, but I like their helicopters very much. If they do go through with it, I hope we see some figures to go along with it. Any bad guys would be welcome from them.
momaw nadon

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:39 am

momaw nadon wrote: but none of the Japanese aircraft are flashy in paint. I don't know.
Crack a book and look at the Ki's and Home Defense. :flashie:

Also, Model 21, 32, and 52's are very different aircraft, and painted accordingly.

Anyone have a pic of Wewak Willie's Checkerboard Zero?

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:12 pm

Birddog wrote: but I really, reallly, really, want an A-10!!!
I second that motion! A-10 Please!!!!
Todd